BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Gaz has historically managed to get a win when the daggers have been out, so let's see how he fairs tomorrow. My bet is that without Rudy's 20+ goals we are well and truly up @#/? creek and bullet proof Gaz will continue in the role for as long as he wants it.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Until Venkys go we will not improve.

They cannot find a good replacement for Gazza -which one of the fools is going to look?

It was only going to be a Relegation fight this season.

We needed to sell Rhodes,get out of FFP and re-balance the team.

The Fulham midfield of Cairney,Ohara and Tunnicliffe might have been ours.

Must win vs Charlton.

• Like 1

Today Bayes and Pearce commented on how Hanley and Duffy are good centrebacks in this league. But how many goals are they going gift the opposition (not just this season) before they realise they can't be. Or they can't play together, if we must persist with either millstone?

Today Bayes and Pearce commented on how Hanley and Duffy are good centrebacks in this league. But how many goals are they going gift the opposition (not just this season) before they realise they can't be. Or they can't play together, if we must persist with either millstone?

I'd say they have improved on last season,

But theyre really not good enough, as a pair / individually.

In all the seasons Hanley has played, I can't remember ever being impressed, or praising his performance. That says a lot.

He's an international footballer, which baffles me.

If he was any good, I'm sure many on here would've pointed it out and defended Him.

Very few have.

Duffy is big and clumsy in both boxes.

The paradox is; his attacking headers look like clearing headers.

Parson Blue---still confident that GB is the man to keep us in this League?

Not that that is the summit of achievement for me by the way.

Read his; "we may fall behind" quote on another thread.

He's still sticking by his beliefs/ loyalties.

Parson Blue---still confident that GB is the man to keep us in this League?

Not that that is the summit of achievement for me by the way.

Why should I panic and change my beliefs in the first week or so of September? I remember some wanting Gordon Lee out during his first few months in charge and the same with Kendall when we were floundering near the bottom of the Third. If we are in the bottom three by the end of October/early November and becoming adrift then is the time I would look to assess things but even then, you have to look at who is available, who might improve it and who would want to work under the restrictions of the embargo and, of course, who is going to be in charge of such a process. Personally, I believe that this is very much a mid-table Championship squad that, with a following wind might just mount a challenge for sixth but equally could easily be dragged into a relegation battle. The embargo means you are restricted to signing players that other teams don't want and there is clearly a reason why they don't want them. Clearly the results at the moment are not good enough and they need to improve over the next few weeks or a change is inevitable.

When the players and manager came out at Craven Cottage yesterday the fans were singing "Gary Bowyer's Blue & White Army", it then became "Bowyer, Bowyer sort it out," and when he did in the second half the fans applauded manager and players as they left the pitch - fickle doesn't come close to describing it.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

I wouldn't say people were being fickle in this case. In fact, most that feel the manager isn't up to scratch have been consistent about this viewpoint for some time.

Just like yourself with a completely contrasting POV, you've been consistent with that, nobody can accuse you of not being!

Edited by K-Hod

• Backroom

Parsonblue, I agrew with some of your post re: change, but disagree with your proposed deadline (if I may call it that). Bowyer has not garnered a good run of form for a while now and results have slowly got worse and worse since Forest away last November.

Your last sentence is spot on but in the opposite way to your meaning. 'Fickle' doesn't come anywhere near to describing fans.