BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Odd games here and there shouldn't matter. I'm more depressed our entire season is over before it even began. Hence being so irritated to be dumped out of the Cup as well. They've no right to take the heart and soul out of the club. Most clubs in this division can at least dream of hitting the play offs or a cup run with good luck and a following wind.

And now all the talk is of relegation. If Bowyer keeps us up it be lauded as a success. And then we'll find out we lost another 20 million doing it. We can't even think of automatic promotion and now the play offs are also a pipe dream. Gav's right, sitting here watching this all unfold is excruciating.

Perfect preperation prevents @#/? poor performance.

The trouble is that the local derbies are quickly becoming the only thing to play for this season. :(

FFP, the transfer window running into the season causing disruption, the lack of Hawkeye (or whatever it's called), bad referees and assistants, general bad luck and probably now just waiting for the bad weather to kick in. If there isn't an excuse he will just make one up.

Don't forget the midweek fixtures meaning the little darlings couldn't possibly train on the other 5 days of the week. Remove brain, replace with pork pie and you still realise it's the same for all the other 23 clubs.

Yes he did use that as an excuse. Fkin shameful

• Like 3

Bowyer needs to go as he cannot organise us defensively. Nothing has changed since day one.

I never understood and still don't. I would have started with a keeper and gone from there. Impossible to plan effectively or be overly confident when you know your likely to conceed against all you play. He should have made us uncompromising and hard to beat and focused on the defence, especially knowing a predator like Rhodes could always nick a goal to win. You can't conceed 60 plus a season and expect any success. I don't mind low scoring games as it's what I expect from two organised professional football clubs with very fine margins between them. The stupidity of our strategy pisses me off.

How dare you come on here and talk sense!

Sunday was a fine example of what you are talking about. If we'd kept it tight for the first 20-30 minutes, we probably would have won that game, and by a couple of goals too.

Pre season I thought we would be bottom six with real uncertainty until the last few games. Six games in and I really feel we will be relegated with this happening well before the end of the season. Quite simply for me Bowyer has to be relieved of his duties to give us any chance.

Agreed. I actually do think there are 5 or 6 worse teams than us in this league, but they will garner more points than us because of their organisation and tenacity.

What I wouldn't give for a modern day Howard Kendall!

• Like 1

How dare you come on here and talk sense!

Sunday was a fine example of what you are talking about. If we'd kept it tight for the first 20-30 minutes, we probably would have won that game, and by a couple of goals too.

You know what, it wouldn't actually be so bad if the manager acknowledged the fact that the defense is a problem and has been since he took the job.

As fans we can forgive most things, and regularly do, but not even acknowledging the fact makes it worse somehow.

• Like 2

Pre season I thought we would be bottom six with real uncertainty until the last few games. Six games in and I really feel we will be relegated with this happening well before the end of the season. Quite simply for me Bowyer has to be relieved of his duties to give us any chance.

I too felt we would be in trouble this year, but changing manager wont make a blind bit of difference. A change of ownership is needed.

If we get a new manager, he wont be able to sign anyone on over £10k in January. That is chronically pathetic by board/owners.

I think that's why we don't go any more. It's the difference between what our eyes see and what bowler tells us he's seen. I just got tired of knowing we were useless and being told we were in the game but for bad luck or whatever. You can forgive poor results. What you can't forgive is consistent poor performances and especially when they are denied by the manager

• Like 2

• Backroom

As fans we can forgive most things, and regularly do, but not even acknowledging the fact makes it worse somehow.

This is a big part of it, and IMO it's what causes people to actively dislike Bowyer. He comes across as either dishonest or stupid when his assessment of games are at odds to what everybody else in the ground has seen. Nobody's asking him to lambast the players, but he should at the very least be honest about our failings. His inability to do so suggests his interviews are being directed towards Pune and not towards the fans, which further suggests the fans are an absolute irrelevence in the manager's eyes.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

I too felt we would be in trouble this year, but changing manager wont make a blind bit of difference. A change of ownership is needed.

If we get a new manager, he wont be able to sign anyone on over £10k in January. That is chronically pathetic by board/owners.

Surely we have to deal with the immediate problem which is the position we are in. This is what needs fixing in the short term and this can only come about with a change of manager. I firmly believe a new manager could massively improve the squad simply by organising us, setting us up correctly for each game and picking the best team.

I wholeheartedly agree we need other massive off the field changes but that will take a lot longer. Blackburn Rovers in League One would be disastrous.

• Like 1

Surely we have to deal with the immediate problem which is the position we are in. This is what needs fixing in the short term and this can only come about with a change of manager. I firmly believe a new manager could massively improve the squad simply by organising us, setting us up correctly for each game and picking the best team.

I wholeheartedly agree we need other massive off the field changes but that will take a lot longer. Blackburn Rovers in League One would be disastrous.

In a normal world yes i would agree. However, we live in Venky's world. The only managerial appointment they have got right so far is appointing Bowyer, who without, we would already be in League 1. The other three managers have been nothing short of diasterous (although i think Berg could have worked out)

In a normal world yes i would agree. However, we live in Venky's world. The only managerial appointment they have got right so far is appointing Bowyer, who without, we would already be in League 1. The other three managers have been nothing short of diasterous (although i think Berg could have worked out)

I don't agree with the without Bowyer we would be in League One bit. That spell he had turned on a penalty we were awarded at Millwall which, frankly was never a penalty. He is quite often painted as some kind of magician for saving us. Well I was at the Watford game immediately before the Millwall win and that was probably the worst performance from a Rovers team that I can remember. He bemoans our luck now but he certainly got lucky at Millwall.

You can't say that changing manager won't make a blind bit of difference of course it can and it's been proven time and again in football down the years. Yes it could get worse but if we keep losing then how can it. If a new guy steps in and simply does enough to keep us up it's all that's required at this moment in time.

You can't say that changing manager won't make a blind bit of difference of course it can and it's been proven time and again in football down the years. Yes it could get worse but if we keep losing then how can it. If a new guy steps in and simply does enough to keep us up it's all that's required at this moment in time.

Yes apologies it was a bit of a sweeping statement. We could get a new manager bounce for a while, i agree. But nothing drastic will improve, imo.

If Venkys are here in 5 years time, we might not even be in league one.

Yes apologies it was a bit of a sweeping statement. We could get a new manager bounce for a while, i agree. But nothing drastic will improve, imo.

No probs, totally agree with your last point as I'm absolutely convinced that IF we went down under this lot it's curtains. We'd follow the Lutons etc of this world. If we went down because they bailed and maybe admin brought someone with a damage limitation plan we'd probably establish ourselves in league 1 / 2 for a while. With these lot we are goners the downward trend has been in action since they walked through the door and there is no reason whatsoever to believe it would change.

• Like 3

No probs, totally agree with your last point as I'm absolutely convinced that IF we went down under this lot it's curtains. We'd follow the Lutons etc of this world. If we went down because they bailed and maybe admin brought someone with a damage limitation plan we'd probably establish ourselves in league 1 / 2 for a while. With these lot we are goners the downward trend has been in action since they walked through the door and there is no reason whatsoever to believe it would change.

I agree. As fans we went for the wrong target last time. As vile and under hand as Kean was, we should have targeted the real problem, the owners.

If history repeats itself and we target Bowyer then we have once again missed the point. He is not the greatest manager in the world, but he is a million miles away from Kean.

Tensions are ramping up each game at home and if "Bowyer Out" starts then we have learned nothing as fans.

I agree. As fans we went for the wrong target last time. As vile and under hand as Kean was, we should have targeted the real problem, the owners.

If history repeats itself and we target Bowyer then we have once again missed the point. He is not the greatest manager in the world, but he is a million miles away from Kean.

Tensions are ramping up each game at home and if "Bowyer Out" starts then we have learned nothing as fans.

Unfortunately the buck has to stop somewhere and for the playing side it's GB

A good manager can improve fortunes immeasurably. One only has to look at Rowett at Birmingham to see that, it could even be argued that they've got worse owners than we have.

Unfortunately the buck has to stop somewhere and for the playing side it's GB

But can you see that he is operating under conditions that the owners have directly influenced?

Results have been poor, without question. Performances have been ok in some parts of games, very poor in others. Don't tend to bemoan luck but Wolves punched one in the net and the Fulham 'goal' was over the line by a mile.

If we had spent the money Fulham had in the summer and we were in the bottom 3 then without question he should go.

If we went down because they bailed and maybe admin brought someone with a damage limitation plan we'd probably establish ourselves in league 1 / 2 for a while. With these lot we are goners the downward trend has been in action since they walked through the door and there is no reason whatsoever to believe it would change.

This is the best possible scenario for the football club as it stands, we'd buy season tickets tomorrow if this happened as I'm sure would many.

What really baffles me is the constant line that Venkys are going to 'make things right' because they got sold a 'pup', if you believe that you'll also believe they're buying Phil Nevilles house in Bromley Cross :lol: and paying for the flights of fans that made their own way over for the game in Pune, and buying everyone a pie a Wolves :wacko:

Look its quite simple, if I was a billionaire looking to save face and get a few quid back:

1) I'd move Bowyer in to the backroom and bring a manager in on a contact with incentives to get us promoted, even Allardyce, whatevers best for the football club

2) I'd sack Shaw and make Tom Finn and John Williams offers they couldn't refuse, if that failed I'd go after the best possible options on the market.

3) I'd give all current season ticket holders free season tickets next season and let the Blackburn public into Ewood for the rest of this season for free, lets all pull together.

4) I'd sell Rhodes to get us out of embargo, loan structured deal to Boro maybe and splash the cash in January if exiting from embargo is possible. If not possible this season then we'll do it next.

5) Marketing campaign to get the feel good factor back, tell the fans I mean business, lets pull together.

Venkys could do this very very easily, they'd have sky money coming through the door in less than 3yrs, guaranteed, but they won't, why won't they?

Edited by GAV
  • Like 9

Correct, they could have done most of those points at ANY time in the last few years and anyone with any genuine Rovers connections would advise similar to those points. It could all have been turned around and still not cost them anymore than it has.

I just hope their interest has now really reached the end, they are sick of it and just quietly exit at the end of the season. I think they just might but the final act could be us relegated.

Edited by tomphil

But can you see that he is operating under conditions that the owners have directly influenced?

Results have been poor, without question. Performances have been ok in some parts of games, very poor in others. Don't tend to bemoan luck but Wolves punched one in the net and the Fulham 'goal' was over the line by a mile.

If we had spent the money Fulham had in the summer and we were in the bottom 3 then without question he should go.

Luck fella it probably evens itself out over his managerial reign.. The table isn't lying unfortunately

Imo the club won't progress until Venky's Shaw Bowyer etc leave but seeing as the owners are going nowhere at the moment Shaw's in position to satisfy football league rules well on the playing side it's down to GB so after the last few seasons it's proof he isn't up to the gig and needs to go.. No excuses

Luck fella it probably evens itself out over his managerial reign.. The table isn't lying unfortunately

Imo the club won't progress until Venky's Shaw Bowyer etc leave but seeing as the owners are going nowhere at the moment Shaw's in position to satisfy football league rules well on the playing side it's down to GB so after the last few seasons it's proof he isn't up to the gig and needs to go.. No excuses

Yeah i do agree on luck, but don't recall two incidents like that happening for us.

I have never thought we were good enough to go up since we have come down, we have not had the players.

If new owners came in the first thing i would want is a new manager. However i have said it before and it's what i believe, i trust Bowyer to get us to a respectable mid table position more than i trust the owners to appoint a suitable new manager.

• Backroom

This is the best possible scenario for the football club as it stands, we'd buy season tickets tomorrow if this happened as I'm sure would many.

What really baffles me is the constant line that Venkys are going to 'make things right' because they got sold a 'pup', if you believe that you'll also believe they're buying Phil Nevilles house in Bromley Cross :lol: and paying for the flights of fans that made their own way over for the game in Pune, and buying everyone a pie a Wolves :wacko:

Look its quite simple, if I was a billionaire looking to save face and get a few quid back:

1) I'd move Bowyer in to the backroom and bring a manager in on a contact with incentives to get us promoted, even Allardyce, whatevers best for the football club

2) I'd sack Shaw and make Tom Finn and John Williams offers they couldn't refuse, if that failed I'd go after the best possible options on the market.

3) I'd give all current season ticket holders free season tickets next season and let the Blackburn public into Ewood for the rest of this season for free, lets all pull together.

4) I'd sell Rhodes to get us out of embargo, loan structured deal to Boro maybe and splash the cash in January if exiting from embargo is possible. If not possible this season then we'll do it next.

5) Marketing campaign to get the feel good factor back, tell the fans I mean business, lets pull together.

Venkys could do this very very easily, they'd have sky money coming through the door in less than 3yrs, guaranteed, but they won't, why won't they?

Agree with most of this, but keeping Bowyer in any position would be a no-no imo. We need a fresh start, and having the ex-manager in the backroom could serve to undermine the current manager.

Also selling Rhodes should only be an option if we can get out of the embargo for definite in the same window and we have realistic targets to replace him. Otherwise we'd be heading for the trap door as other than Hanley contributing a couple of headed goals from set pieces, no other player in our team can put the ball in the net. In fact a lot of them are noticeably bad at it.

• Like 1

Nothing is guaranteed in football, except the guarantee that Allardyce would never come back here.