BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Unfortunately the buck has to stop somewhere and for the playing side it's GB

I think it's also fair to say that had he ever got to grips with setting up the midfield and defence and bolstering them correctly during a near 3 year reign with over 30 players signed then, when bad luck does strike we can still come out of some games with a point or something.

Keep conceding first just shows he's never created that platform for us to play from. He's kept faith with Hanley and Duffy again who underperformed so badly together last season . Despite them playing quite well individually this season the signs are still there that they just don't work well together. Both have been at fault numerous times for goals against this season already, it's repeat things like this as well as his rotation and the Lowe situation that show he'll never get to grips with job.

This is the best possible scenario for the football club as it stands, we'd buy season tickets tomorrow if this happened as I'm sure would many.

What really baffles me is the constant line that Venkys are going to 'make things right' because they got sold a 'pup', if you believe that you'll also believe they're buying Phil Nevilles house in Bromley Cross :lol: and paying for the flights of fans that made their own way over for the game in Pune, and buying everyone a pie a Wolves :wacko:

Look its quite simple, if I was a billionaire looking to save face and get a few quid back:

1) I'd move Bowyer in to the backroom and bring a manager in on a contact with incentives to get us promoted, even Allardyce, whatevers best for the football club

2) I'd sack Shaw and make Tom Finn and John Williams offers they couldn't refuse, if that failed I'd go after the best possible options on the market.

3) I'd give all current season ticket holders free season tickets next season and let the Blackburn public into Ewood for the rest of this season for free, lets all pull together.

4) I'd sell Rhodes to get us out of embargo, loan structured deal to Boro maybe and splash the cash in January if exiting from embargo is possible. If not possible this season then we'll do it next.

5) Marketing campaign to get the feel good factor back, tell the fans I mean business, lets pull together.

Venkys could do this very very easily, they'd have sky money coming through the door in less than 3yrs, guaranteed, but they won't, why won't they?

I do have a quick question, if we do get relegated to League 1 this season, how quickly do we have to comply with League 1's rule that you can only spend 60% of your turnover on player wages? As if it is immediately we'd need to get rid of an awful lot of players very quickly, increase season ticket prices and cut the max we can pay per week to a player to around £5k

I do have a quick question, if we do get relegated to League 1 this season, how quickly do we have to comply with League 1's rule that you can only spend 60% of your turnover on player wages? As if it is immediately we'd need to get rid of an awful lot of players very quickly, increase season ticket prices and cut the max we can pay per week to a player to around £5k

Then it'll be league two bound...

Venkys out Shaw out Bowyer out and every other charlatan out

We are currently three points from safety as things stand.

For what its worth we are also 9 points from a play-off place (remember what one of those is?- nobody on this messageboard ever talks about them...). The dingles are in an automatic promotion spot as well just to really cheer everyone up.

Edited by philipl

• Backroom

For what its worth we are also 9 points from a play-off place (remember what one of those is?- nobody on this forum ever talks about them...)

We used to. I think we all remember very fondly those ten minutes we spent in 6th last season.

For what its worth we are also 9 points from a play-off place (remember what one of those is?- nobody on this messageboard ever talks about them...). The dingles are in an automatic promotion spot as well just to really cheer everyone up.

The push for the play offs starts tomorrow night, infact if we win I can see a thread opening in it's honour !

Yes, the first 6 games have been about building a tactical platform. Sacrificing points to fine-tune our strategy, ready to be unveiled tomorrow night.

I feel sorry for QPR, I really do. They won't know whether it's Christmas Day or Easter Monday come kick-off time. We'll have our foots on their collective throat ... or is feet, or collective foot on their throats, anyway, we'll mangle them with a display of manly macho aggressive in-your-face-slag bullying football that their puny team won't be able to withstand. Very much in the image of Gary "Raw Meat" Bowyer.

It's cruel, but it's survival of the fittest.

• Like 1

Yes, the first 6 games have been about building a tactical platform. Sacrificing points to fine-tune our strategy, ready to be unveiled tomorrow night.

I feel sorry for QPR, I really do. They won't know whether it's Christmas Day or Easter Monday come kick-off time. We'll have our foots on their collective throat ... or is feet, or collective foot on their throats, anyway, we'll mangle them with a display of manly macho aggressive in-your-face-slag bullying football that their puny team won't be able to withstand. Very much in the image of Gary "Raw Meat" Bowyer.

It's cruel, but it's survival of the fittest.

Gaz has stayed in tonight with a 6 pack of Special Brew, a live salmon as a snack and a box set of Bear Grylls dvds. I expect him on the touchline tomorrow night in nothing but a gym vest and a pair of combat pants, sporting an SAS tattoo. Lose if you dare he will scream !

Gaz has stayed in tonight with a 6 pack of Special Brew, a live salmon as a snack and a box set of Bear Grylls dvds. I expect him on the touchline tomorrow night in nothing but a gym vest and a pair of combat pants, sporting an SAS tattoo. Lose if you dare he will scream !

Ahhh...........a night on Tramp Juice, fond memories

Edited by AllRoverAsia

• Backroom

Let's be honest Gavlar, when you've watched the club when it was bottom of Division Three, you know that it could always be worse! There are many ways it could always be worse.

Don't worry, we'll be there soon enough at this rate.

Let's be honest Gavlar, when you've watched the club when it was bottom of Division Three, you know that it could always be worse! There are many ways it could always be worse.

And with a shrug of the shoulders we accept this? I could agree with you if it hadn't been for wholly avoidable situation we find ourselves in through gross mismanagement.

And I have watched the club at the bottom of the old Division Three and I certainly don't want to go back there.

• Like 3

There are simply no parallels with those times and today. I don't remember losing 20 million plus per year back then for example, with 8 million pound strikers, playing in a dilapidated cow shed, struggling to pay the milk bills.

Strange isn't it how proud I was of a club with nothing back then. Compared to the feelings of disgust now with an amazing infrastructure, expensive players, billionaire owners.

If this is the best the current management can produce you would think personal dignity would facilitate change. But thats just dreaming as these folk are more than happy to accrue huge riches while the club stagnates.

And with a shrug of the shoulders we accept this? I could agree with you if it hadn't been for wholly avoidable situation we find ourselves in through gross mismanagement.

And I have watched the club at the bottom of the old Division Three and I certainly don't want to go back there.

Unless you have the cash to make the Indians an offer they can't refuse I don't see how you change it. The bottom line is that we need someone with wealth to prop the club up because of the infrastructure that Jack built up. If we didn't we simply couldn't maintain what Jack left us, let alone try to move forward. However, I totally agree that they have brought about our downfall through gross mismanagement. At the moment we are between a rock and a hard place and whatever we do from here one suspects that the outcome isn't going to be great.

Unless you have the cash to make the Indians an offer they can't refuse I don't see how you change it. The bottom line is that we need someone with wealth to prop the club up because of the infrastructure that Jack built up. If we didn't we simply couldn't maintain what Jack left us, let alone try to move forward. However, I totally agree that they have brought about our downfall through gross mismanagement. At the moment we are between a rock and a hard place and whatever we do from here one suspects that the outcome isn't going to be great.

I agree and not having a clue what is going to happen and feeling helpless is the real worry and source of frustration. I think that the longer they take this stance and keep the current incumbents at Ewood the fall will be much harder.

• Like 1

Not quite, PB. Before the Tranmere game in November 71, we believed in men like Bancroft and Furphy.

This is a different world. No trust, no belief...

• Like 1

At the moment we are between a rock and a hard place and whatever we do from here one suspects that the outcome isn't going to be great.

Maybe, but even with these owners the right appointments (two of them) could/would change things around very quickly. No one would care who the owners were if we were winning games and at the opposite end of the table. The owners are regularly used as a reason why we should accept the current dire situation the club is in - and that's wrong.

• Like 5