BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

A couple of wins in the league and we can start to breathe more easily. A couple of defeats though...

February's schedule:

Boro (A)

Hull (H)

Fulham (H)

Ipswich (A)

Derby (A)

MK Dons (H)

Our new recruits need to gel quickly and prove that today wasn't a one-off against lower league opposition.

• Like 1

A couple of wins in the league and we can start to breathe more easily. A couple of defeats though...

February's schedule:

Boro (A)

Hull (H)

Fulham (H)

Ipswich (A)

Derby (A)

MK Dons (H)

Our new recruits need to gel quickly and prove that today wasn't a one-off against lower league opposition.

The thing is Stuart, we've been in this division long enough now to know that you could take a snapshot of your next 6 games at any point in the season, and depending on your mood or form, make a case for winning or losing all of them. The only one out of that lot I would say is difficult to foresee us getting a result in is the first one. We are fully capable of beating Hull at Ewood, and going to Ipswich and Derby and picking something up.

Even despite what us fans see as abysmal form, there won't be that many teams fully confident of turning us over. The games we've lost have been tight, hard fought, narrow defeats (apart from when we went down to ten men early on away at MK Dons).

Its the old half-full/half empty conundrum I suppose.

• Like 1

The thing is Stuart, we've been in this division long enough now to know that you could take a snapshot of your next 6 games at any point in the season, and depending on your mood or form, make a case for winning or losing all of them. The only one out of that lot I would say is difficult to foresee us getting a result in is the first one. We are fully capable of beating Hull at Ewood, and going to Ipswich and Derby and picking something up.

Even despite what us fans see as abysmal form, there won't be that many teams fully confident of turning us over. The games we've lost have been tight, hard fought, narrow defeats (apart from when we went down to ten men early on away at MK Dons).

Its the old half-full/half empty conundrum I suppose.

Hope you're right. The only thing I want from Rovers is that they win.
  • Like 1

Hope you're right. The only thing I want from Rovers is that they win.

I don't think there is a single person on this message board that wants anything else my friend (at least I hope not!).

Having spoken to a couple of people who were at the game today whose judgement and inside knowledge of professional football matters far exceeds mine, and they said that there was an energy about the team that has been missing for a couple of years (I think they were being kind on that one, its more like 4 or 5 in my view!).

I appreciate that we were playing a lower league side, but nonetheless, I am encouraged by that. I posted last night that Rhodes' departure might have a galvanising effect and it looks like it did.

RTID!!

• Like 1

February's schedule:

Boro (A) Loss

Hull (H) Draw

Fulham (H) Win

Ipswich (A) Draw

Derby (A) Loss

MK Dons (H) Win

8 points :rover:

blimey give the boss a break, he's just brought four in this window and one just scored on his debut!

Jackson also won us a penalty and a free kick which led to goals and generally caused a nuisance of himself all match. He played similarly well against Charlton when brought on to replace Graham, who I thought looked very promising too.

Haven't been impressed with Bennett at all, but the other three look like they could be solid signings. Only time will tell though - it's early doors yet!

Jackson also won us a penalty and a free kick which led to goals and generally caused a nuisance of himself all match. He played similarly well against Charlton when brought on to replace Graham, who I thought looked very promising too.

Haven't been impressed with Bennett at all, but the other three look like they could be solid signings. Only time will tell though - it's early doors yet!

Thanks for your very reasoned reply which glossed over me posting on the wrong thread!

You're quite right as well.

Edited by deryck guyler's spoon

Theres no way with either Bowyers squad or the one we have now we should be relegated. Most of the teams in the division would love Evans, Marshall, Conway, certainly Rhodes, Duffy, Hanley now Watt whose come in is coveted.

If we get relegated it is managerial incompetence.

Its a top half/ mid table unbalanced squad marginally underperforming under Bowyer. PL needs to bring it up two levels.

Its a top half/ mid table unbalanced squad marginally underperforming under Bowyer. PL needs to bring it up two levels.

Before Christmas I'd have agreed with you, but with the way this season has panned out I hope it isn't a bottom half/mid table team that marginally overachieved under Bowyer.

Theres no way with either Bowyers squad or the one we have now we should be relegated. Most of the teams in the division would love Evans, Marshall, Conway, certainly Rhodes, Duffy, Hanley now Watt whose come in is coveted.

If we get relegated it is managerial incompetence.

I'd have put my house on us being in the bottom six when the season started in August. I had a sneaking feeling we'd be going down also. We had nothing that a team needs to win enough games to stay up.

• Like 2