BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

We are gambling on relegation avoidance without a real goal scorer in the squad.

I would hate us to go on another December/January type of goalless spell because we would be right in the relegation mire with nobody to pull us out.

Thankfully the Oxford game must have given everybody a huge confidence booster.

• Backroom

Well Bolton kept their main asset, Charlton got Sanogo and some Fanni, Bristol City signed nobody and not sure about Rotherham.

Bolton badly needed the cash, so bad news for them that they didn't sell anybody. I don't think any of the teams below us have really strengthened, and we will hopefully have enough about us to stay up.

We wont get relegated. Absolutely no chance.

I admire your confidence but I think we're all in agreement that we desperately need a league win. If this winless run keeps up for much longer than it will most definitely become squeaky bum time. Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

That's because he's an idiot.

People really need to look at the goal difference here for the sides below. Barring an injury crisis I can't see relegation either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

Bit of a false sense of security that given the distinct lack of goals in our squad.

2015/16

Rhodes 8

Akpan 2

Conway 2

Hanley 2

Lawrence 2

O.G. 2

Delfouneso 1

Duffy 1

Evans 1

Plus 3 pens (Rhodes 2, Marshall 1)

Excluding Rhodes, the remaining players have managed 9 goals, plus 1 penalty, in 27 games.

Again, aside from Rhodes, we've scored 1 goal from in the last 8 league games (and only 3 including Rhodes and own goals).

If Graham and Watt don't hit the ground running our goals could really dry up.

Well I wouldn't say there's any certainty of suddenly going goal crazy. The defensive foundation seems solid enough that we could see a few tight 1-0 wins here and there.

Better hope so. It'll be interesting to see how Lambert accommodates Duffy, Hanley and Ward. Will he use ward as a threat to try to get the best out of them or will he drop Duffy?

Bit of a false sense of security that given the distinct lack of goals in our squad.

2015/16Rhodes 8

Akpan 2

Conway 2

Hanley 2Lawrence 2

O.G. 2

Delfouneso 1

Duffy 1

Evans 1

Plus 3 pens (Rhodes 2, Marshall 1)

Excluding Rhodes, the remaining players have managed 9 goals, plus 1 penalty, in 27 games.

Again, aside from Rhodes, we've scored 1 goal from in the last 8 league games (and only 3 including Rhodes and own goals).

If Graham and Watt don't hit the ground running our goals could really dry up.

Stuart, who do you want to succeed tomorrow, Rhodes or Rovers ? I think we should be told. Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

• Backroom

Stuart, who do you want to succeed tomorrow, Rhodes or Rovers ? I think we should be told.

Stuart and I have our disagreements but I see what he means. I'm more optimistic than he is, but the fact is we COULD have just @#/? up big time.

I believe we haven't, as do many, but Stuart worries we have. Doesn't bring his fandom into question. Perhaps his sanity ;) but definitely not his fandom.

Stuart and I have our disagreements but I see what he means. I'm more optimistic than he is, but the fact is we COULD have just @#/? up big time.

I believe we haven't, as do many, but Stuart worries we have. Doesn't bring his fandom into question. Perhaps his sanity ;) but definitely not his fandom.

Just pointing out that there is a reason our goal difference isn't utter gash. And we just sold it to Middlesbrough.

At the end of the day Rhodes is no longer a Rovers player so we have to hope that the three players that we've had to bring in to attempt to replace his goals do so (even if this means all of them exponentially improving their career stats). Also, I wonder how their combined wages compare to what we were paying the bloke who was keeping our goal difference from being in the minuses.

Personally I'd rather we had kept Rhodes and brought in two midfielders than brought in Watt, Jackson and Graham but we move on.