BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

No way was that clueless capitulation. A bad day at the office, yes. A day when Marshall couldn't hit a decent cross, when the ball wouldn't drop for us from any 50/50, where passes went astray more often than they have been recently and when our players were still trying at the end. I used to come away from a defeat feeling so down I'd be in a bad mood for the rest of the week. Today I felt we didn't do that much wrong so I felt cross we lost a winnable game but not really deflated , bored or downright angry

Correct. I'd rather watch that today than what was served up last season where we might have spent 89 mins of the game trying to contain the opposition. We set out to over run them first half but it didn't come off and we kept going forwards even at 1 then 2 nil down. We'll prob lose to Ipswich but you know we'll bounce back under this guy, win/lose/win is better than draw/draw/draw.

Far better stuff on display now despite the odd set backs and I wish some would accept that. When it's bad i'll be the first to moan but that today wasn't bad.

Edited by tomphil

Just as there were too many clubs between us and the playoffs for one (Sheff Weds as it turned out) not to go on a good run, there are now too many clubs between us and 24th for one worse off than us not to go on a bad run. With eight games remaining, there are enough bad sides in this division for us to pick up the six or seven points to be absolutely safe even if we go back to playing like dogs.

Let's be relieved Bowyer was sacked as we can all see games Lambert got points from which GB most certainly wouldn't have done. We would be in a squeaky bottom relegation fight now if that change hadn't been made.

That said won 11, drawn 13, lost 14 (including the ignominy of a dingle double) is one seriously rubbish season.

Losing twice to burnley is a disastourious season.I reckon we will be far better prepared next season.Paul Lambert is no mug and i think we will see 5 new players next season.

That is my fervent hope.

Why would they have gone to the trouble to appoint Lambert and co, if they were not going to take BRFC a bit more seriously? Why would Lambert have taken the job, if he had no guarantees?

But then again, why buy a famous club just to destroy it? Why Kean, why Barnet Spiv, why Agnew, why Singh, Why Portugueezers...why, why why, f****ing Delilah?!

• Like 3

There are no guarantees in football though and even less with the likes of our lot. If he'd told them he could have a stab at getting in the play offs this season if we cashed in on Rhodes and they backed his loan signings then by the same token he could be worried.

I hope that's not the case and it probably isn't but promises work both ways and unless guarantees are written into legal documents they mean nothing.

I live in asia mostly these days and when shabby singh was appointed i knew trouble would follow.Remenber jason cundy calling him a clown on live tv and ss getting quite upset about it.Venkys were more than niave when they bought rovers.Will they listen to real football men in Lambert and Irvine.

Thats the big question.

That's the pot calling the kettle sooty arsed, Cundy calling someone a clown!

Absolutely. I won't have him in the house.

However, I am afraid your comments apply to so many of the football pundits.Nicholas and Merson are my pet hates. Jason Roberts OBE (guffaw) descended through a few trap doors after his Quisling comments about Kean and Venky's. As for Savage and Murphy......

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

• Backroom

With Fulham playing MK Dons, the worse that can happen is we will only be one point closer to the drop zone. PNE on the other hand are just 6 points off the play-offs. Surely not???

Not a chance imo. Being 10 points behind Preston is pretty tragic though.

• Like 1

We have Wednesday on Tuesday though away from home. .. Very likely loss as they are a very good home side and we suck away from home especially Tuesdays ha

Hopefully mk don't win as the gap could only be 6 points

Just noticed too we are away again after at wolves.. Two tricky games coming up then.. Hopefully we show some character and show what we can do!

Edited by AdamRochina

We have Wednesday on Tuesday though away from home. .. Very likely loss as they are a very good home side and we suck away from home especially Tuesdays ha

Hopefully mk don't win as the gap could only be 6 points

Just noticed too we are away again after at wolves.. Two tricky games coming up then.. Hopefully we show some character and show what we can do!

Why is our record away on Tuesday funny?