BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

The number of teams between us and the zone is also significant. There are currently 7 teams from MK Dons to Forest below us competing for 1 relegation place (assuming Charlton don't come with a miraculous late run) that have to better our points return over the remaining 7 games to overhaul us. We've also got games at home against Bristol City and Huddersfield which we should be taking at the very least 4 points from to get us to the magical 50 mark.

MK Dons have 7 games left and will need to win 4 to overtake us, even if we lose all 7. I can't see them winning 4 full stop, never mind us lose all 7. They have a huge game next week at home to Rotherham which they will have to win to have a chance of staying up.

I'm not complacent about these things but you'd get pretty good odds against us going down now. I wonder how the guy that backed us to go down when we sold " he who shall not be named " is going on now ?

Years ago I remember a really strange set of results over the last few games,contriving to send the seemingly safe Tangerines to the third division....

• Like 1

Years ago I remember a really strange set of results over the last few games,contriving to send the seemingly safe Tangerines to the third division....

I was only thinking about that when I typed my comment. They were only in the relegation zone for the about the last ten minutes of their last game. That's all it takes though. They'd been near the top at Xmas. That's why I'm never complacent.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

• Backroom

This isn't about one game tonight but more about next season if Lambert leaves and there's no backing...

Do you think Venkys know Rovers can be relegated again?

Without investment in the summer it seems a sure bet we'll be in Bolton's position next season. How far will we have to fall before they decide enough is enough?

One thing is clear - if this current team lines up at the start of next season we will go down - with or without Lambert.

Yep.And I remember another significant occasion where a team that only just survived began the following season significantly weaker.

As if that wasn't bad enough, we then proceeded to let Emerton go, refused to play Salgado etc...Thanks Venky's!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

One thing is clear - if this current team lines up at the start of next season we will go down - with or without the current manager.

I bet many a Leicester fan was saying exactly the same this time last year. Funny old game.

Edited by rigger

• 4 months later...
  • Backroom

45 minutes into the new season and I'm as sure as I can be that - barring a miracle - we are going down.

Being relegated with Owen Coyle as manager (if he even survives until the end) and Jason Lowe as captain. Could it be any worse?

45 minutes into the new season and I'm as sure as I can be that - barring a miracle - we are going down.

Being relegated with Owen Coyle as manager (if he even survives until the end) and Jason Lowe as captain. Could it be any worse?

Yeah, wait until Duffy and Marsh leave.