BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

• Backroom

Are you giving us as long as that, DE?

I did say optimistically. It's hard to see us drawing a game this season, let alone winning one. I'm already at the point where I'd do a deal with the devil and get Shebby back in just so he could give Coyle the shove. The next few months would likely be a disaster, but at least he'd increase the chance of Venky's getting more negative press. He'd probably name himself as manager this time, with Judan Ali as his assistant. And still we'd hear "give him a chance!" ...

• Like 1

• Backroom

might aswell comfirmed it now.

One of the worst 1st half ive seen.

Only one person/people to blame and that's those in India

One thing is for sure, without a change we are going down.

Warnock might have kept the ship afloat for one more season - I still think we have enough quality (and I use that word very loosely) to survive, but not with Coyle as manager. We need somebody far more tactically clued up.

However, on our current trajectory we ultimately go down no matter who is in charge, whether it be this season or next. You can't keep selling your better players, bringing in inferior ones and expect to progress. We only really have two or three decent players left to sell, and then we are left with utter dross.

We can only start to hope and dream again once the Indians have cleared off. Until then there is nothing but despair ahead.

The 5/1 offered at the beginning of the season, is looking like a massive mistake by the bookies now. Because my bets always lose and also due to my refusal to buy a season ticket, I have lumped on. I promise to donate the winnings to the club/ local charity, on the proviso that is it after Venkys leave.

The 5/1 offered at the beginning of the season, is looking like a massive mistake by the bookies now. Because my bets always lose and also due to my refusal to buy a season ticket, I have lumped on. I promise to donate the winnings to the club/ local charity, on the proviso that is it after Venkys leave.

Just had a look at latest odds found three on here now we are 9/4 , 10/9 and 1/10

Just had a look at latest odds found three on here now we are 9/4 , 10/9 and 1/10

For anyone wanting to ease the pain a little a few are still offering 2/1 and I am certain that we will be odds on after the next two games. Lump on is my advice and it might feel a touch better, but not much.

• 2 months later...

12 games gone and 9 points = 0.75 points per game

Over a full season 48 x 0.75 = 34.5 points

Survival totals of the last 5 seasons

2016 - 41

2015 - 42

2014 - 45

2013 - 55

2012 - 49

In the sh.it!

Struggling a bit with your maths there, Shaun. 36 no?

Moot point mind. Still sends us down.

We have barely played any of the top teams in this Division yet.

We are up to our eye balls in the brown stuff and the bubbles are rising.

I don't think this is a side prepared or ready to fight a relegation battle..most of our players are loanees for Christ's sake,they don't care that much.

As for our (cough) 'Manager'... I just can't help but think of the document released by Glen Mullan that showed Venkys paying a bonus for relegation to division 1.

Frightening stuff is this :o

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Struggling a bit with your maths there, Shaun. 36 no?

Moot point mind. Still sends us down.

Typo. Meant to type 46

Shows how much apathy you have that a) you didn't realise the season is 46 games long and b.) you didn't assume it was a typing error

:D

Edited by Rover_Shaun
  • Like 1

There are some good Championship players in that squad. Easily good enough to stay up with the right manager in charge. Unfortunately the BRFC 1st team is managed by someone who shouldn't be in charge of a school team.

Yup. My belief also. Lower mid-table sounds about right recognising all the upheavel.

Yup. My belief also. Lower mid-table sounds about right recognising all the upheavel.

Have a look at the goals against column , Goalkeeper , defence and midfield are not championship standard ....We are capable of scoring goals , we have this squad til Jan , relegation will follow !