BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

I can see the seaside, ferry boats, I can smell fish...yes...Fleetwood. We're going down lads and lasses. Owen Coyle? FFS - they appointed him to stick it to the fans. No owners with any shred of respect for the fans would appoint a failed Dingles manager as a Rovers manager? Has that ever happened over at The T&rd. No and it never will. Venkys have used our club as an idle play-thing for 6 years and it's been a continual process of managed decline from day one. I have to say that for the benefit of anyone in denial. WE NEED TO GET UNITED TO GET THEM OUT NOW - BY FORCE OF COLLECTIVE WILL

• Like 3

We are a very poor team with an even poorer manager !

Relegation is ours , with the current regime !

If Venkys leave , I will take relegation to the North West counties league !

We've been set up to fail and unfortunately that's exactly what we'll do. If, and it's a big if, they do sack Coyle it'll only happen when we're already down.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Every time we have a chance we mess it up. A win yesterday takes us within a point of the opposition and out of the drop zone.

Results in games that should have been comfy wins show that we are destined for relegation without much fight.

We could avoid this if Coyle was sacked but this won't happen

• Like 1

All the hallmarks of a relegation team are there.

Relegated sides don't play badly every game. They play reasonably well for at least parts of most games. BUT......... they struggle when sides hit on the break - and inevitably they fall away the longer the game goes on. Seen it so many times.

• Like 3

Every time we have a chance we mess it up. A win yesterday takes us within a point of the opposition and out of the drop zone.

Results in games that should have been comfy wins show that we are destined for relegation without much fight.

We could avoid this if Coyle was sacked but this won't happen

Talking unemotionally, a draw was a fair result. They had a bit more fluidity about their play than we did, had as much possession and created as many chances. Inevitable that one would go in at some point with our defensive set-up.

It was a poor game, we are a poor team with failings a blind man could see. We look what we are, a hastily cobbled together team of freebies, cheapies and loanees.

We will endure many more games we should have got something out of but we will still go down.

Looking at the personnel, and remembering loans from Premier League clubs are vital to us, I still think someone else eg a Warnock would get more out of them. Coyle will probably be sacked once relegation looks unavoidable in keeping with a history of great Venky decision-making.

Good to see you back - where have you been ?

Self imposed exile Jim.

Rovers were my first real love. That's before I got into music, cricket, beer, women etc. I've had plenty of ups and downs over the nearly sixty years since I first got interested in my home town club. Blackburn Rovers have been the one constant in my life in that time, win, lose or draw.

The last few years have been really painful for me, to see our great club destroyed in such a wanton, needless fashion was hard to bear.

The inexplicable appointment of the latest manager was the final straw for me. For the sake of my mental health I decided to withdraw from active support of the club. As you can see I was drawn back like a moth to the flame. I'll always be a Rover but until this lot F off and die I'll be staying away.

• Like 9

All the hallmarks of a relegation team are there.

Relegated sides don't play badly every game. They play reasonably well for at least parts of most games. BUT......... they struggle when sides hit on the break - and inevitably they fall away the longer the game goes on. Seen it so many times.

Obviously you haven't seen Mercerman's cast-iron guarantee that we'll stay up. ;)

• Like 1

Self imposed exile Jim.

Rovers were my first real love. That's before I got into music, cricket, beer, women etc. I've had plenty of ups and downs over the nearly sixty years since I first got interested in my home town club. Blackburn Rovers have been the one constant in my life in that time, win, lose or draw.

The last few years have been really painful for me, to see our great club destroyed in such a wanton, needless fashion was hard to bear.

The inexplicable appointment of the latest manager was the final straw for me. For the sake of my mental health I decided to withdraw from active support of the club. As you can see I was drawn back like a moth to the flame. I'll always be a Rover but until this lot F off and die I'll be staying away.

Losing good folks, proper supporters like this, is heartbreaking and is exactly why we need to keep making ourselves heard against Venkys, and against those "fans" who boo the protests and who were delighted with a draw yesterday to help justify their preconceived views. We need to keep up the pressure and make sure that any google search for Venkys brings up their name alongside poor decision making, failed ownership and incompetence.

This isn't just about managers, our disastrous owners lurch from bad decision to bad decision, and their minions call it bad luck.

Right now we are heading for League One under a shroud. Ewood is miserable largely because there are no signs that it is ever going to get better, and experience tells us that Venkys are likely to continue making it worse. Despite Venkys "apparent" wealth, we have managed to spend all of the PL prize money, all of the parachute money and sold all of our best players to keep the club afloat. AND we are over £100m in debt. If that doesn't set alarm bells ringing with some people then I can only conclude that:

They. Don't. Care.

We are doomed WITH Venkys in charge. Where is the money going to come from? Where are our next player sales going to come from? What do we have left to sell? What, are they so STUPID as to keep hold of the club, without spending, and appointing duff managers, thinking that we might still get promoted? Even ignoring the conspiracy theories about potential sales of Ewood and Brockhall, can one of the anti-protesters tell us: what is left to sell? Where is the money coming from to pay wages and running costs? Don't tell me, it's the stayaway fans that are ruining our chances! Pah! What a cop out. What did Venkys do with ticket and sales money when we DID have 25k crowds? That's right they added it to the pot and gave it to agents to buy substandard players who helped Kean to relegate us.

Venkys have effectively dumped us but won't sell - seemingly because they think they have somehow added value to the club where they think they can get their money back! Nobody is buying your damaged goods at premium prices. Anyone interested is now waiting for the club to go into the Poundland shop window. And we fans have to sit and wait until you take us out of the league before we can even start to rebuild. Before we can even hope to have fans like Tyrone back on board.

And some folk think that coming back to Ewood and getting behind the boys is going to change anything about our current trajectory. That money will just vanish again. It won't be used towards better players, better managers, better anything.

I just hope that enough people will be willing to come back once Venkys do eventually dump the club though, because we are going to need them. Anyone who sat on their hands yesterday, please don't make excuses when the time comes. You are the self-proclaimed TRUE BLUE fans and you will be expected to be part of the rebuilding process (as much as the protesters) whichever league we are in.

• Like 8

Losing good folks, proper supporters like this, is heartbreaking and is exactly why we need to keep making ourselves heard against Venkys, and against those "fans" who boo the protests and who were delighted with a draw yesterday to help justify their preconceived views. We need to keep up the pressure and make sure that any google search for Venkys brings up their name alongside poor decision making, failed ownership and incompetence.

This isn't just about managers, our disastrous owners lurch from bad decision to bad decision, and their minions call it bad luck.

Right now we are heading for League One under a shroud. Ewood is miserable largely because there are no signs that it is ever going to get better, and experience tells us that Venkys are likely to continue making it worse. Despite Venkys "apparent" wealth, we have managed to spend all of the PL prize money, all of the parachute money and sold all of our best players to keep the club afloat. AND we are over £100m in debt. If that doesn't set alarm bells ringing with some people then I can only conclude that:

They. Don't. Care.

We are doomed WITH Venkys in charge. Where is the money going to come from? Where are our next player sales going to come from? What do we have left to sell? What, are they so STUPID as to keep hold of the club, without spending, and appointing duff managers, thinking that we might still get promoted? Even ignoring the conspiracy theories about potential sales of Ewood and Brockhall, can one of the anti-protesters tell us: what is left to sell? Where is the money coming from to pay wages and running costs? Don't tell me, it's the stayaway fans that are ruining our chances! Pah! What a cop out. What did Venkys do with ticket and sales money when we DID have 25k crowds? That's right they added it to the pot and gave it to agents to buy substandard players who helped Kean to relegate us.

Venkys have effectively dumped us but won't sell - seemingly because they think they have somehow added value to the club where they think they can get their money back! Nobody is buying your damaged goods at premium prices. Anyone interested is now waiting for the club to go into the Poundland shop window. And we fans have to sit and wait until you take us out of the league before we can even start to rebuild. Before we can even hope to have fans like Tyrone back on board.

And some folk think that coming back to Ewood and getting behind the boys is going to change anything about our current trajectory. That money will just vanish again. It won't be used towards better players, better managers, better anything.

I just hope that enough people will be willing to come back once Venkys do eventually dump the club though, because we are going to need them. Anyone who sat on their hands yesterday, please don't make excuses when the time comes. You are the self-proclaimed TRUE BLUE fans and you will be expected to be part of the rebuilding process (as much as the protesters) whichever league we are in.

As long as I've got breath in my body I'll be a Rover Stuart. I'm not lost, I'm just temporarily missing.

• Like 4

Only 2 points from two very winnable home matches against out-of -form Ipswich and Wolves both in a bad run, spells relegation

I am afraid this spells out the trouble we are in.

The footballing mismanagement of yesterday's game totally beggars belief.

I keep saying this- there is no explanation of anything on or off the field that is both rational and legal.

Amazingly we're still not adrift, and in a much better position than Rotherham.

There are also some pretty rank bad teams in this division - Ipswich, Wolves - the wrong managerial appointment in either one (sacking McCarthy may happen with fan unrest) could give them a good downward push.

Mind you, it's a poor do when you're best hope of survival is other clubs imploding in a worse manner than yourselves.

H - Norwich - 1-4 - Lost - 0

H - Burton - 2-2 - Draw - 1

H - Fulham - 0-1 - Lost - 1

H - Rotherham - 4-2 - Won - 4

H - Sheff Weds - 0-1 - Lost - 4

H - Ipswich - 0-0 - Draw - 5

H - Notts Forest - 2-1 - Won - 8

H - Wolves - 1-1 - Draw - 9

8 home games - 9 points from the 24 available.

1.125 points per game.

A - Wigan - 3-0 - Lost - 0

A - Cardiff - 2-1 - Lost - 0

A - QPR - 1-1 - Draw - 1

A - Leeds - 2-1 - Lost - 1

A - Derby - 1-2 - Won - 4

A - Birmingham - 1-0 - Lost - 4

A - Bristol - 1-0 - Lost - 4

7 away games - 4 points from the 21 available

0.57 points per game.

15 goals scored - 23 against - -8 goal difference

13 points from the 45 available. Shocking!!!!

We are not very good at home, even though we have played a number of struggling teams.

We are even worse away from home.

Average points per game to date - 13 points from 15 games - 0.866 points per game.

To come;

Villa away - 0.57

Brentford home - 1.125

Newcastle away - 0.57

Huddersfield home - 1.125

Preston away - 0.57

I therefore confidently predict 3.96 points from our next 5 fixtures. Call it four as I am amongst friends!

13 from 15 games - plus 4 from the next 5 games. 17 points from 20 fixtures or the 60 available.

Over the course of the season 0.866 points per game x 46 = 40 points. Pretty confident we will be relegated with that return!!!! They might send us down two divisions for being so pathetic.

We have kept one miserable clean sheet all year against high scoring Ipswich!

On the plus side.....................trying hard to be fair.

After conceding 7 in two matches against Norwich and Wigan we have not conceded more than two in any other game. In the last 8 games we have won 3, lost 3 and drawn 2. 11 from 24. We have only conceeded 8 goals in those matches. This compares with 15 conceeded in the first 7 matches from which we collected 5 losses and 2 draws - 2 from 21.

The Venkys business masterclass in full flow, guaranteeing a pathetic start to any season. However the Venkys latest stooge new the dance, was well aware of our problems pre-joining, took the gig on the basis that little money was available and to date has done exactly what I imagined in losing many more than we win, struggling to keep clean sheets, whilst struggling to score enough to put games to bed.

Wee Coyley's return is worse than Bowyers. And worse than Lamberts. Try as I might it is hard to see any other result under Coyle than trips to Swindon, Wimbledon and Oldham next time round.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker
  • Like 4

The next 5 games are a killer and has the potential to see us adrift with Rotherham. We'll get nothing out of Villa and the barcodes, whilst Huddersfield on their day can be very good too (despite their recent tonking.)

That means realistically that we have to get wins from Brentford and/or Preston to keep any kind of momentum. But that's a tough ask given both are in better form than us, and with better managers - if not better squads. Brentford's win vs. QPR makes me a tad worried they'll do the same to us putting a ton of pressure on the Preston game.

I reckon 4 to 5 points is about right from these games. Think it'll be 5 as the championship is wonderfully inconsistent and we'll catch someone on a bad day. The only consolation imo is that the teams around us could well get similar amount of points from their fixtures, so even such a poor return could be ok for us. A lot of if buts and maybes but that's what we're reduced to.

Edited by Blue blood

Coyley has done well with an assortment of loanees,freebies and injury-prones.

Those 3 categories are the reason for the late goals conceded.

As you say, Coyley took the gig....but for this League we are not competitive(end of).

The Owners have sabotaged us for a 2nd time. That's why the football is secondary at the moment.

• Like 1

Disclaimer:

This post is not in support of Owen Coyle or Venkys, nor is it an endorsement that the team has been anything other than mediocre for a long time now.......

....however, writing off games before they have even been played and making predictions in this division is foolhardy. With the possible exception of Newcastle and on their day Norwich, there are no amazing, stand-out teams in the championship and - bad as we are - I cannot honestly say that there won't be three worse ones come May.

Having said that, even if we don't get relegated this season it is only a matter of time before we do, with these owners and this manager.

• Like 2

Having said that, even if we don't get relegated this season it is only a matter of time before we do, with these owners and this manager.

Exactly this. Lets suppose Coyle manages to deliver survival this season with a couple of games to spare. Highly unlikely in my opinion but you can never say never, especially in this division. What steps would the owners, directors and club take to ensure next season wasn't just a repeat of this season or worse?

Would they give the manager a proper budget to go out and strengthen in June rather than running around picking up loans in late August? Would they allow quality additions to the squad? Would they plug gaps at boardroom level or delegate transfer authority to the UK? Would they fight off interest in what few decent players we have left? Would they make serious offers to try and sign the likes of Hoban and Emnes permanently?

No. They wouldn't.

On the flip side if we were relegated with 5 games to spare what steps would they take to try and ensure an immediate return? Would they appoint a good League One manager like Bolton did last summer? Would they cherry pick the best League One players early doors to assemble a promotion capable squad for next season?

No. They wouldn't.

Bad news all round really.

• Like 2