BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Just now, Hasta said:

We are no longer talking about big salaries. I'd imagine the medium earners will be under threat.

Lowe got his new contract under Keano. That won't be small. Why do you think there is no talk at all of renewal.

Evans, Graham and Guthrie will be on there way.

No idea if Stokes and Mulgrew are on as much as those three. I'd hope not seeing as both were free and they didn't exactly have better options. They more likely dug their heels in for a 3 year contract cos the money wasn't high enough.

•  

I would say Mulgrew and Stokes are on as much as Evans and Guthrie, if not more. 

If we stay up, there will be a tidying up of the squad, but there is definitely scope there to do that. Some of the high earners are free to go imo. Freeing up the salaries of the likes of Evans, Graham and Lowe will be a good thing if you ask me and will give TM the opportunity to get some hungry players in. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say Mulgrew and Stokes are on as much as Evans and Guthrie, if not more. 

If we stay up, there will be a tidying up of the squad, but there is definitely scope there to do that. Some of the high earners are free to go imo. Freeing up the salaries of the likes of Evans, Graham and Lowe will be a good thing if you ask me and will give TM the opportunity to get some hungry players in. 

If they release the 'freed up' money to be used on incomings then the squad can be reshaped. 

If they cut costs and pocket some of the savings then it's a massive ask to keep the side as competitive as they currently are (which this season has been not very).

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Some of them are playing each other so they all can't win 4 games 

If we beat Bristol (47) then we are still a point behind them (46).

Rovers max 55.

The only teams playing each other are as follows. Looking at those results independently:

Burton v Birmingham

1-0 (Burton 48, max 57; Brum 47, max 56)

0-0 (Burton 46, max 55; Brum 48, max 57)

0-1 (Burton 45, max 54; Brum 50, max 59)

Birmingham v Bristol

1-0 (Brum 50, max 59; Bristol 47, max 56)

0-0 (Brum 48, max 57; Bristol 48, max 57)

0-1 (Brum 47, max 56; Bristol 50, max 59)

We need to be rooting for Birmingham to beat Burton - or we need a couple of snookers.

Certainly isn't in our hands as a couple of people have been suggested.

Things will be a lot clearer at 5pm Monday.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

If we beat Bristol (47) then we are still a point behind them (46).

Rovers max 55.

The only teams playing each other are as follows. Looking at those results independently:

Burton v Birmingham

1-0 (Burton 48, max 57; Brum 47, max 56)

0-0 (Burton 46, max 55; Brum 48, max 57)

0-1 (Burton 45, max 54; Brum 50, max 59)

Birmingham v Bristol

1-0 (Brum 50, max 59; Bristol 47, max 56)

0-0 (Brum 48, max 57; Bristol 48, max 57)

0-1 (Brum 47, max 56; Bristol 50, max 59)

We need to be rooting for Birmingham to beat Burton - or we need a couple of snookers.

Certainly isn't in our hands as a couple of people have been suggested.

Things will be a lot clearer at 5pm Monday.

Probably won't make a difference but have you accounted for Bristol getting 0 points against us?

Just now, Stuart said:

.........We need to be rooting for Birmingham to beat Burton ........

But if Birmingham beat Burton (they go to 50) and then get nothing from their three remaining games, which on paper could happen (Villa, Hudds & Bristol), we need 7 points plus a better GD. 

But if Burton win at Birmingham, Birmingham on 47 and then get nothing with the three remaining games, which on paper is possble (Villa, Hudds & Bristol), we would need 4 points plus a better GD.

If and buts, football not played on paper....we need to beat Bristol .....things will be a lot clearer at 5pm Monday.

:rover:

Just now, Stuart said:

Did you read the first sentence BDS RV?

If Bristol City lose 2 out of their last 4, they can only possibly get 6 more points (as you get 3 points for a win). Therefore, as 47+6=53, they can only get 53 points, not 56. Not so clever are you Gav, sorry Stuart?

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

But if Birmingham beat Burton (they go to 50) and then get nothing from their three remaining games, which on paper could happen (Villa, Hudds & Bristol), we need 7 points plus a better GD. 

But if Burton win at Birmingham, Birmingham on 47 and then get nothing with the three remaining games, which on paper is possble (Villa, Hudds & Bristol), we would need 4 points plus a better GD.

If and buts, football not played on paper....we need to beat Bristol .....things will be a lot clearer at 5pm Monday.

:rover:

Yup. Clearly it's in our hands then!! :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, RV Blue said:

If Bristol City lose 2 out of their last 4, they can only possibly get 6 more points (as you get 3 points for a win). Therefore, as 47+6=53, they can only get 53 points, not 56. Not so clever are you Gav, sorry Stuart?

Yup. Definitely in Rovers hands. All we need to do is win all our games. :lol::lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

By giving your children gifts at Christmas you are participating in a religious festival. 

Yer i get that and i know, i know it makes me a massive hypocrite (much like millions of others) but I'm not about to devastate my kids by not giving them any presents at Christmas.

Anyway, getting way off topic.

Let's not get relegated Etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Davalsuker should learn that when you are in a hole, it's best to stop digging!

JohnD's statement is correct and it was not davulsukur behind the thread derailment. The ' hole' is only in your opinion. 

I'm hopeful Rovers will escape the hole to L1

14 hours ago, Phil T said:

We HAVE to beat Bristol City to stand a chance of being out of the bottom three after Monday night, but I think we might struggle with our inconsistency and pressure.

Results to see us out of bottom three...

Rovers (W), Burton (D/L)

Rovers (W), Forest (L)

Results to see us remain in bottom three...

Rovers (D/L)

Rovers (W), Burton (W), Forest (W/D)

I've discounted the possibility of Rovers winning by 5 goals or more, or Rovers winning by 4 goals and scoring 9. Along without a Forest draw, it could see us out of the bottom three on goal difference!

9-5 it is then. 

I'll take that!