BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

• Backroom

I think that's another nail in our coffin and just enough to see them squeeze through.

Our problem is nobody cares, the loanees will go back to their clubs, out of contract guys will bugger off, the rest will carry on being paid either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frosty said:

Zola resigns....bad news.

2 wins in 22 games is pathetic and still the owners didn't act by sacking him. He walked away. Believe that fans were loud in their shouting for him to be sack/leave

who nexts? dunno but I guess their owners didn't have a plan so they will be panicking and relying on their advisors suggestions. I expect Richard Beale to get the job for 3 games. He is I think their under 18's manager

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Between us, Forest and Birmingham it seems to be a race to finish third bottom. Somebody should remind them that fourth bottom is meant to be the aim.

With rumours this week that should we get relegated our wage bill could be slashed by up to 50%, why would Cheston not want to finish third bottom.

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

2 wins in 22 games is pathetic and still the owners didn't act by sacking him. He walked away. Believe that fans were loud in their shouting for him to be sack/leave

who nexts? dunno but I guess their owners didn't have a plan so they will be panicking and relying on their advisors suggestions. I expect Richard Beale to get the job for 3 games. He is I think their under 18's manager

Stop with rubbish chaddyrovers.. Our owners are worse... Our management team is a joke.. Even worse than Coyle.. Today we went into a must win game with one up front ffs. Mowbray is managing His own downfall.. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Between us, Forest and Birmingham it seems to be a race to finish third bottom. Somebody should remind them that fourth bottom is meant to be the aim.

All 3 clubs you list have terrible owners. One would think that someone buying a football club would so some research on how to run it once purchased. It's no surprise that West Brom are doing well this season. They have the best chairman in football running the show with an experienced manager sorting the football team out.

Rovers need to pull out 2 wins from 3 games. Nail biting stuff. However, it reads much differently than the last 2nd tier relegation struggle. Was it Easter Monday when we beat top of the table Oldham, all but sealing safety?

I agree with those that say that staying up this season puts off the inevitable. Rovers will be odds on next season to go down. No money, no players, no management, no hope.

• Like 1

In 2012 Coventry were relegated from the Championship. Their then manager said this

"It's disappointing but it was going to happen, we never replaced people who went out. It was always going to come down to this type of thing (relegation), like I said several months ago, if you don't replace people who go out the door this is the position you can end up in. You can't cut corners in this league and we've done that on a big style, we've tried to cut corners, and we've found out the hard way"

Sound familiar? Where are Coventry now? Read and weep for BRFC

• Like 1

L1 it is then.

They will get a bounce for sure - even before him it was stacked against us hoping we could claw 3 points on them...now its inevitable they will probably get more points than we do from the final games.