BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

It's going to be a summer of reckoning, once relegation confirmed.

It will be interesting to see which players accet the massive paycuts coing their way.  (Tbh I would only want to see Raya, Mulgrew, Ward and Bennet and possibly Graham anywhere near the 1st team..and  some of those will be the highest earners).

I wouldn't bet against starting the seaaon with the under 23 squad as our first team and Dunn as manager.

The ST price rises are not going to act as any incentive to purchase.

Ewood was rebuilt as a prem league ground which makes it a millstone  in terms of runnig and maintenance when less than a third full each week.

What will happen to the academy as surely we can no longer afford to finacially support a cat 1 academy in league 1?

Without major investment from sonewhere, I just don't see how we can turn it around.  We will just drop again next year.

All that said, if we do stabilise things in summer,  A league in which we could potentially compete at the top end and build a winning mentality, may see crowds flock back.  Providing a springboard for the future -  As per Bolton.

Realistically, I fear the former will be the most likely scenario whilst we watch Dave Wheelan's Wigan push for promotion.

Owners 'n all that eh!

Bleak is not strong enough a word to summarise our future...I really don't know how we will exist next season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, booth said:

I think the bottom 3 now are the bottom 3 on the final day. Results, luck and tactics are all going against us it seems. We aren't playing like we are in cup finals that's for sure.

See you in league 1 everyone.

I would be surprised if any other permutations ....The club deserves to go down and has been to set up to fail , since the day these cretins rolled up ...

It will continue to fail until the day they leave ...

Anyone who thinks any different is deluded...

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Administration is what is needed to get the Venkys Out !

Venkys have to go , anything will continue our decline !

When Venky's go, I feel certain they will want to max out on their recoveries.  Administration wont do that, liquidation would.................

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Wasn't though was it ? This place was crammed with people believing the Raos' rhetoric and thinking we were going to sign the world's best players and competing in the Champions League.

A few of us knew it didn't look or feel right but were shouted down.

You're not wrong Jim - coupled with a desire from some fans to sell any decent player they took a disliking to and replace with lads not fit to lace their boots.

there are a lot of lessons to be learnt here and not just from the owners.

• Like 2

Lets look at our likely partners in relegation - Wigan and Rotherham. Will relegation be a disaster for them? Probably not. Both clubs know League One, both have been there recently, both have owners and boards that understand the league and know how to deal with it. Both have squads of players that will be able to adjust to that level on wages that are probably manageable at that level. I fully expect both will be at least pushing for the play-offs next season.

Will we have a plan? Senior reckons he does, but if/when we go down will we see action or inertia? 

Our finances are shot at. Our squad is a joke, a mixture of loans, crocks and short term deals. The few with any value the club will actively attempt to sell rather than try to keep for a promotion push. Its obvious that their intention is to use the U23s to fill up the first team squad, both to try and boost player values ahead of another batch of sales and also to avoid having to pay any transfer fees 

It pains me but I'll be expecting back to back relegations.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Wasn't though was it ? This place was crammed with people believing the Raos' rhetoric and thinking we were going to sign the world's best players and competing in the Champions League.

A few of us knew it didn't look or feel right but were shouted down.

Who gives a sh1t? What are you trying to prove? We are were we are and saying 'I thought Venky's were bad first' isn't going to improve our plight is it? However this is coming from the man who says 'everyone should run on the pitch during the game, apart from me of course!' So I was hardly expecting anything constructive.

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

If Birmingham win then even if we beat Villa we need to win by 5 to go above Forest ...( before forest kick a ball) if they get beat by QPR 1-0 we need 4

A bit late now I think as we should have won games against Wolves, Bristol, North End, Fulham, Burton and Norwich at the very least. 

Noticed Harry's words "...but it comes down to the players." If Birmingham get a result at Villa the man's a genius.:angry:

Early prices:

Rovers 6/5

Draw 12/5

Villa 9/4

Fingers crossed Villa pull off a win today.

We've been in the bottom 3 all year, the best way to survive will be to get out of the relegation zone with 1 to play, or on the last day itself! We don't want to peak too soon.....otherwise we'd get our hopes up and then cock it all up to Brentford in true Rovers fashion.

49 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I'm disappointed because I thought the Villa - Brum game was on the box. 

Im a sadist. I wanted to witness every turn of the knife.

If you have Rovers player account or any account on the player HD network, you can listen to the game via the Birmingham site http://www.player.bcfc.com using the login details for the club you subscribe to :)

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not just the Huddersfield game but Bristol City on the final day too. We could really have done with them needing something themseves but they'll be long safe by then.

Plus if Huddersfield get something out of their midweek game with Wolves, they will be safely in the play offs by the time they go to Big Club.