BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

There's a lot of bravado at the moment but I'm genuinely worried about or chances of relegation under Gaz.

The idea that we'll be worse off if Bowyer goes is ridiculous if he's already taking us down.

Don't worry about it,

It's nailed on

• Like 1

Good point. Even so they had to have some reason/grounds for suggesting the sackings, to convince venkys to do so. Hence one reason I think he'll eventually go.

Don't get me wrong I've been unhappy with bowyer for a long time and have often raised his flaws. Nor do I think we'll do well this season. Just that we won't get relegated this season.

I really don't understand where this assumption we won't go down under Bowyer comes from.

We're currently on a run which if repeated over the season would see us relegated with less than 30 points. If we were playing particularly well or GB had finally happened upon his best starting X1 then I'd agree there were grounds for thinking this might be a temporary blip but neither of those apply as far as I can see. In fact I only expect the tombola selection to gather momentum with all the midfield options.

• Like 2

I really don't understand where this assumption we won't go down under Bowyer comes from.

We're currently on a run which if repeated over the season would see us relegated with less than 30 points. If we were playing particularly well or GB had finally happened upon his best starting X1 then I'd agree there were grounds for thinking this might be a temporary blip but neither of those apply as far as I can see. In fact I only expect the tombola selection to gather momentum with all the midfield options.

I grant you it's not a certainty rev but we've both seen many of our players performing better than they currently have and I've not seen much in this league to br scared of. We're our own worst enemy sometimes.

I've explained all my reasoning on an earlier post although I admit relying on a tight league and some other poor teams is a bad way to go.

I want bowyer gone, have done for ages, but I also feel by luck or ability - probably the former - we'll scrape enough points to survive.

I grant you it's not a certainty rev but we've both seen many of our players performing better than they currently have and I've not seen much in this league to br scared of. We're our own worst enemy sometimes.

I've explained all my reasoning on an earlier post although I admit relying on a tight league and some other poor teams is a bad way to go.

I want bowyer gone, have done for ages, but I also feel by luck or ability - probably the former - we'll scrape enough points to survive.

I wanted Bowyer replaced to enable us to be more successful with the players we had. The longer this goes on I'm wanting Bowyer replaced to avoid being relegated.

If the new target is the lower expectations level of survival then it simply gives him more time. People have long thought that with enough resources/transfer windows/right good goes he could have made the play-offs but people now believe he has enough about him to avoid relegation.

What if he hasn't? On current form, he hasn't. Having seen the next 8 or 9 fixtures I'm worried that we will be entrenched in the bottom 3 when he is finally removed - if at all. Then we will need a different kind of manager and not the kind any of us want. What's Dave Bassett doing these days? :(

If Bowyer remains in charge and looking at the upcoming fixtures we could well be as good as relegated by the end of October. I mean so far cut adrift to make an incoming managers job nigh impossible.

Sack Bowyer now to give an experienced manager some chance to mould a proper team out of the dross that Bowyer has put together.

Any manager who clearly views Lowe as the key lynch-pin is his team is at best deluded.

We are going down under Bowyer but the problem as always is that those cu*** in Pune do not give a flying ****

• Like 1

Bowyer doesn't lose 3 games on the bounce, that could keep us up.

Appointing a less experienced, cheap alternative would be worse if he can't get to grip with things quickly and start winning games with this poor squad we've assembled. With less experience he's going to struggle.

Bowyer draws too many games. That is what will take us down. Incidentally, how many times has he won three on the bounce?

I wanted Bowyer replaced to enable us to be more successful with the players we had. The longer this goes on I'm wanting Bowyer replaced to avoid being relegated.

If the new target is the lower expectations level of survival then it simply gives him more time. People have long thought that with enough resources/transfer windows/right good goes he could have made the play-offs but people now believe he has enough about him to avoid relegation.

What if he hasn't? On current form, he hasn't. Having seen the next 8 or 9 fixtures I'm worried that we will be entrenched in the bottom 3 when he is finally removed - if at all. Then we will need a different kind of manager and not the kind any of us want. What's Dave Bassett doing these days? :(

Stuart my expectations have not been changed by bowyer - with the quality of the league and the players we have midtable is where we should be aiming for. As with th e last few years bowyer knocks off about 4/5 places from where we should be, minimum.

Think we'll stay up in spite of not because of bowyer and he should be potted for not getting the team playing anywhere near uts potential even before you consider the relegation issue.

Edited by Blue blood

There may be worse teams than us, but how many points do we need to be safe in this league? 55? If so, where the hell are they coming from, despite how awful Rotherham etc are.

Rovers under Kidd should be a stark reminder to all those claiming worse teams than us.

• Like 1

There are worse teams on paper than us but they aren't saddled with this shambles of a club which just crawls along like a rudderless ship. Unless the club gets sorted I think we'll go down because there is no one who can stop it happening.

That is the danger that I see, when people start saying we are to good to go down, that very often ends in tears

There are worse teams on paper than us but they aren't saddled with this shambles of a club which just crawls along like a rudderless ship. Unless the club gets sorted I think we'll go down because there is no one who can stop it happening.

And if it got down to a real scrap who would you want as your manager? The likes of Lennon and Evans or Boreyer?

• Like 1

This weeks stooge is Tommy Spurr. He thinks we deserve to be in the top 6 already.

The, hopefully temporarily, deluded Spurr says “We’re all behind him and we’re all buying into what him and his staff are trying to do'' - why is it we are never actually told what it is that they are trying to do. That broad statement does my feckin head in.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13635821.Tommy_Spurr__Players_are_right_behind_Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Gary__Bowyer/?ref=mac

I assume Myers writes the scripts for the players and that's why he's too busy fire fighting to communicate outside of Ewood

• Like 1

And that is why we have to brace ourselves for more trauma as we struggle this season again. Same thing happened in the late 60s until we were in Division 3 and needed Ken Furphy and then Gordon Lee. The power game was different then - and we had some 'hope' and always a team of triers.The difference this time is we have owners with'loadsamoney' -unfortunately they have absolutely no idea and the slowest decision making/communication system of any Business owners known to man. The rest of the 'Management' is 'not fit for purpose' and needs cleansing -but that comes after the Owners deciding(if they can) what to do with the Club. They cannot decide what to do on Rhodesy so do not hold your breath.

This weeks stooge is Tommy Spurr. He thinks we deserve to be in the top 6 already.

The, hopefully temporarily, deluded Spurr says “We’re all behind him and we’re all buying into what him and his staff are trying to do'' - why is it we are never actually told what it is that they are trying to do. That broad statement does my feckin head in.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13635821.Tommy_Spurr__Players_are_right_behind_Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Gary__Bowyer/?ref=mac

I assume Myers writes the scripts for the players and that's why he's too busy fire fighting to communicate outside of Ewood

Me too it's a statement that stems from failure and is designed to deflect a question or excuse a situation. The simple fact is that the only thing they should be trying to do is win games, succeed at that and everything else would fall nicely into place. No chance with the current set up though.