BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

• Backroom
49 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It'll be a funny old season if we stay up with a lot less points than we were relegated with the last time we were in this division !

If we don't even reach our 16/17 total of 51 points (and it seems likely that we won't at this point) then it should give Tony and the club as a whole serious cause for concern, as for over half of that season we were being managed by Coyle and had Jason Lowe marshalling the midfield. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If we finish below our last points total, then it shows a lack of progress and Mowbray has to go for me.

Yep. Less points and a £10+milllion outlay on what can only be described as "shite & Dack"

• Moderation Lead

We couldn't beat an egg at the moment, but the longer we go without a win, the more vital the next game becomes.

I'm looking forward to us not being rubbish at some point and winning a game again.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Glory hunter ?

All depends on my daughter wanting to go otherwise I have nobody else to go with. I went to both legs of the Newcastle match because my son asked us to go with him as he lives in Gateshead and my daughter wanted to go to the replay. 

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

All depends on my daughter wanting to go otherwise I have nobody else to go with. I went to both legs of the Newcastle match because my son asked us to go with him as he lives in Gateshead and my daughter wanted to go to the replay. 

Get ready for a defensive masterclass ?

On 10/03/2019 at 00:16, Husky said:

I don't think it's going to happen but just for fun and interest I had a bit of a go at taking the very worst case scenario of us losing every single game and predicting all the other teams results (being a bit kind in some cases) and I still have us surving by a point.

QPR 53

Wigan 46

Reading 44

Millwall 44

Rovers 44

----------------

Rotherham 43

Bolton 42

Ipswich 27

Hmmmm. By my reckoning that's Wigan in a GD shoot-out v Rotherham for the remaining relegation spot (As 3 of those 46 points included the win against us tonight).

Here's hoping . . . . . We need as few of these 'fake derby games' as we can get.

On 11/03/2019 at 09:25, gumboots said:

I don't know if I'll be a good luck charm or a bringer of bad luck but I'm coming on Tuesday. First league game since Oxford.

You need to go to more games. Definitely a lucky charm ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If I'm out I always check the scores on my Ipad when I get back. Tonight I decided to have a change and I checked the scores on my lap top. So I claim the credit for our change of fortunes.

Likewise I arranged an evening meeting at work without realising it clashed with a Rovers game. 

I’ll be doing it again a few times over the next few weeks!

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If I'm out I always check the scores on my Ipad when I get back. Tonight I decided to have a change and I checked the scores on my lap top. So I claim the credit for our change of fortunes.

I used to refuse to check the score on Sky Sports as we'd concede within seconds of me switching it on. Similar in the 90's, me turning on Radio Lancs would mean the 'Goal Action, on Radio Lancashire' whistle would almost instantly tell me we'd concede.

I honestly used to feel at fault ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Likewise I arranged an evening meeting at work without realising it clashed with a Rovers game. 

I’ll be doing it again a few times over the next few weeks!

Crack on Andy ?

And and no that’s not an offer of free drugs before anyone asks. 

Edited by old darwen blue

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, philipl said:

47 points which we were stranded on for weeks during that long losing run became enough to secure Championship football next season today....

Check my post from March 10th here.

We were actually on 44 points when I said we could lose every game from now on (including Wigan at home) and still stay up. Today, with Rotherham still only on 40 points with 2 games left, that could still be the case.

It's amazing to think (if Rotherham don't get more than 1 win against West Brom and Boro) we could have taken just 1 point from our last 17 games of the season (worse than doing a Big Club Brum) and STILL have stayed up. ?

• Like 1