BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Away. 15Th August

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point.

Rovers poor 1st half. Caused a few problems 1st half but not good enough.

2nd half much better when we went 4-4-2 after 55/60mins or so. Bowyer decided to make the 2 changes and change formation. He was proactive. Marshall better from the right.

Akpan was good and he made tackles and some good short and long passes.

Delfouneso's goal was well taken and he made some good runs.

Rovers deserved a point at Least.

We do seem more comfortable in 4-4-2. It just gives the oppo something to think about and prevents them committing too many players forward.

I think 4-5-1 only really works in an attacking sense if you have pace and we don't (early days of Barrow aside). Other than that 4-5-1 means winning the midfield battle - which we aren't good at - and being solid at the back - which we aren't as it invites pressure.

Gosh we have some miserable fans on here. Huddersfield have a settled side with a couple of useful players and we drew with them away.

We brought in 10 million plus from player sales this summer and have spent nothing - we have had to get 4 freebies in to replace them so it will take time for it all to gel.

Fans taking an away point today as cause to protest?! Not very supportive

I'm with TBTF. The manager just learned nothing from the first match and didn't get the right formation until his standard 60 min substitutions. Just not good enough. Predictable comments from Chaddy.

I can understand persisting with Marshall - in theory he should be the ideal no 10 - two footed, good long range shot and creative, He seems to be missing the vital ingredient of positioning - good idea, but possibly time to look at alternatives.

Proactive would be doing things to prevent problems arising in the first place. The word you're looking for is reactive. But aye, better he made the change than didn't.

My opinion is different then yours.

Bowyer made the changes that was needed at the time.

I'm sorry if you dont agree but that my opinion.

Gosh we have some miserable fans on here. Huddersfield have a settled side with a couple of useful players and we drew with them away.

We brought in 10 million plus from player sales this summer and have spent nothing - we have had to get 4 freebies in to replace them so it will take time for it all to gel.

If you'd listened to the radio commentary on Lancs or seen tweets of people at the game you'd understand why.

The very fact we brought in 10m and replaced them with freebies is justice enough to protest against the continued mismanagement and destruction of the club we all love, Blackburn Rovers.

You missed sarcastic pic

• Backroom

Sounds like the Rhodes injury was a blessing in disguise today and forced the changes, we need him back ASAP but for now a front two of Koita and Delfounso may be better than a front one of Rhodes with Marshall confused behind him.

Who did Akpan come on for? Could he be in line to replace Lowe?

My opinion is different then yours.

Bowyer made the changes that was needed at the time.

I'm sorry if you dont agree but that my opinion.

Uh, Chaddy. It's not about opinions in this case mate. You're using the word all wrong, like Mike also pointed out. You can't just make up your own meanings.

Sounds like the Rhodes injury was a blessing in disguise today and forced the changes, we need him back ASAP but for now a front two of Koita and Delfounso may be better than a front one of Rhodes with Marshall confused behind him.

Who did Akpan come on for? Could he be in line to replace Lowe?

Of course not. God Almighty wouldn't be in line to replace Lowe. He replaced Guthrie.

The very fact we brought in 10m and replaced them with freebies is justice enough to protest against the continued mismanagement and destruction of the club we all love, Blackburn Rovers.

Making profit from player sales, paying off best etc, bringing in promising freebies, playing our youngsters like henley and raya, all sounds like good management.

The horrific managrment that went before made sales imperitive.

So essentially people want to miss games now the club is making some sensible decisions - cutting the income and adding to the difficulty in getting the club back on its feet.

Surely that then means he got the starting line up wrong, again?

No the line up was right. Barrow pace and skills caused problems. But we didnt use the ball good enough.

We need to go 2 up front. And Bowyer did. Delfouneso pace and running in behind caused problems.

Making profit from player sales, paying off best etc, bringing in promising freebies, playing our youngsters like henley and raya, all sounds like good management.

So essentially people want to miss games now the club is making some sensible decisions - cutting the income and adding to the difficulty in getting the club back on its feet.

You're backing yourself into the same corner as 2 other posters Bucks, I can assure you its a nice place to be especially when the odds are firmly stacked against you.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but profit on player sales when we're 100m in debt, promising freebies? playing youngsters???? is clutching at straws.

Next you'll be telling us that Venkys are turning things around...

Proactive would be doing things to prevent problems arising in the first place. The word you're looking for is reactive. But aye, better he made the change than didn't.

Surely that would be preventative?

We were losing, Bowyer could have just left it, but he made the subs and pro-actively changed the course of the game.

Pedantically yours,

No the line up was right. Barrow pace and skills caused problems. But we didnt use the ball good enough.

We need to go 2 up front. And Bowyer did. Delfouneso pace and running in behind caused problems.

While I don't always agree with your posts, I admire your positivity, please can you refer me to whatever herbal supplements you use? I need some of that @#/? in my life ;-)

Surely that would be preventative?

We were losing, Bowyer could have just left it, but he made the subs and pro-actively changed the course of the game.

Pedantically yours,

No pal, it would be either preventative or proactive.

It's no good being a pedant if you're wrong.

adjective
serving to prepare for, intervene in, or control an expected occurrence or situation, especially a negative or difficult one; anticipatory

Bubbles, bubbles, I'm forever living in my bubble, etc

Archived