BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

We certainly are appear to be poor at the back, that much we can agree on. I think we would also agree that Bowyer isn't the right man for the job. Where we would disagree is banging on and on about it. I'm not sure how that helps. Cathartic maybe for some? Bandwagon jumping and being part of 'the gang' for others? You don't appear to fit into either category to be fair, you appear to have a mind of your own. Even if Yoda thinks that I can goad you into gambling via this message board.

Chris the first team are relying on one sole player to score the goals, one player ! What happens when he's injured or off form ?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was, but it was done in a provocative manner imo. While there was nothing 'wrong', it appeared to be escalating into an argument. It was more pre-emptive than anything.

In future I may just wait until there are insults hurled around.

Chris_H isn't happy unless he's busting someone's balls.

There really is nothing better to do in Aussieland.

We certainly are appear to be poor at the back, that much we can agree on. I think we would also agree that Bowyer isn't the right man for the job. Where we would disagree is banging on and on about it. I'm not sure how that helps. Cathartic maybe for some? Bandwagon jumping and being part of 'the gang' for others? You don't appear to fit into either category to be fair, you appear to have a mind of your own. Even if Yoda thinks that I can goad you into gambling via this message board.

Not so much a bandwagon, I think the majority just say it as they see it Chris. Personally, I'm not a believer that being positive on a messageboard will mean the team will perform positively come match day. I do believe that being positive and encouraging come match day is helpful though, so I bite my tongue as best I can at Ewood - although we should be demanding better. It's good to vent on here and share disillusionment re Rovers, otherwise people like me would go mad pretending all was going swimmingly.

Explains their proficiency at cricket.

There's loads to do here in sunny Adelaide Mike, it's too dry to prepare for swinging conditions though - not that I was complaining, I was delighted!

I take it that nothing is happening in the loan market?!😐

35 degree long weekend and a pool in the back yard. Oh, how I wish I was in Hampshire.

Steady on Chris. We have long weekends in Hampshire too. For your information this weekend I've got a very favourable diary. Barn dance tomorrow night followed by some frolicking in the hay barn with a milk maid. Come Saturday I'll be shooting pheasants with the family. A few quiet drinks on Saturday evening. Nothing too outrageous because there's the maypole practice in the morning followed by the burning of the witch in the early evening. Thereafter I'll be spending the night with the mother of my children before dropping her off back at my brother in laws on Monday morning. We may not have a swimming pool. But we've a bloody tight gene pool.

Steady on Chris. We have long weekends in Hampshire too. For your information this weekend I've got a very favourable diary. Barn dance tomorrow night followed by some frolicking in the hay barn with a milk maid. Come Saturday I'll be shooting pheasants with the family. A few quiet drinks on Saturday evening. Nothing too outrageous because there's the maypole practice in the morning followed by the burning of the witch in the early evening. Thereafter I'll be spending the night with the mother of my children before dropping her off back at my brother in laws on Monday morning. We may not have a swimming pool. But we've a bloody tight gene pool.

Pheasants or peasants?

It's only a short journey north out of metro Adelaide through the Barossa Valley to outback towns that have gene pools so shallow they make Burnley seem like a multi ethnic metropolis.

It's only a short journey north out of metro Adelaide through the Barossa Valley to outback towns that have gene pools so shallow they make Burnley seem like a multi ethnic metropolis.

Pfft. They taught that lad from Deliverance how to play the banjo in Basingstoke.

With your record Patrick, you had better make certain first of all, that the milk maid isn't a milkman. :o.

Anybody with links inside Blackburn know anything more on Joe Cole or is it just tentative enquiries still?

New one on me this one. Good player obviously but not sure he is what we need. Maybe a decent bench option but from the start is he really going to offer the kind of foil that Rhodes demands? Neither a target man or a pacy player to stretch and create space for Jordan to work his magic.

I'm inclined to agree joey. If he was 3/4 of the player he used to be then great. But if he was 3/4 of the player he used to be he'd be playing regularly in the PL. He can't stay fit enough to prove that either way.

Gotta say I was disappointed to see Leeds pick up Buckley today. A club in similar financial predicament to us just picked up a proven player at this level. Not so much that we should have been in for him (we're stocked OK out wide). But it hurts to see that calibre of player join a side in the same boat.

Strange one Cole. Could be an excellent player at this level or could be another washed up specimen like Bentley. I haven't seen enough of him to judge in recent times. I can't say I even knew we were credited with an interest.

The difference in Santa Cruz and Bentley when they came back on loan!!!! Unbelievable how bad they had become.

I don't know anything of the Cole rumour but he does seem washed up now. He certainly had the ability to be someone to slot through a sneaky pass for Rhodes - kind of like when we loaned Berkovic (Who I honestly think was the catalyst to us getting promoted in '01).

Forget Joke Hole, they'd never go for his type anyway and in our position we can't afford luxury players. We badly need a bit of quality, experience but no more providing a home for busted flushes thanks.

Archived