Josh King - £1.5m (Bournemouth)

Josh Morris - free (Bradford)

Paul Robinson - released

Yann Songo'o - released

Luke Varney - released

Leon Best - mutual termination

Jake Kean - mutual termination

Rudy Gestede - £6m (Aston Villa)

Fees Recieved - c.£10.5m + Sell on fee from Steven N'Zonzi transfer from Stoke to Sevilla

• Backroom

Looking at it like that I still say the manager and staff have done a great job over the summer, managed right I don't think we will be much worse off at all. If we ditch the Marshall in the hole experiment we could put out a good first 11.

Abbey I'm not happy with venkys but I will say I am happy for them to stay and keep us afloat than risk the alternative

jeez, in any other time, that would have been amazing business. But to be unhappy with spending Zero, and making over 10mill just shows what a shambles things are right now. In a business sense, that is good going, but when you then look at how much we wasted paying off people, then well, it still looks bonkers

Looking at it like that I still say the manager and staff have done a great job over the summer, managed right I don't think we will be much worse off at all. If we ditch the Marshall in the hole experiment we could put out a good first 11.

Abbey I'm not happy with venkys but I will say I am happy for them to stay and keep us afloat than risk the alternative

Rather risk the alternative Tom with proper people at the helm

• Backroom

Give me the alternative Tom . We need rid and to start however again

I respect that but I'll be honest I wouldn't be going down to Pleasy to watch FC Rovers of Blackburn or whatever we could become if the alternative didn't pan out so well.

Anyway I reckon we will bring in another striker with sales of O'Sullivan and maybe Marshall if the offer is right

I respect that but I'll be honest I wouldn't be going down to Pleasy to watch FC Rovers of Blackburn or whatever we could become if the alternative didn't pan out so well.

Anyway I reckon we will bring in another striker with sales of O'Sullivan and maybe Marshall if the offer is right

i honestly dont know why we would want to sell Marshall. if i had a choice between Marshall and Lowe, Williamson and Evans, he would be the last of that lot to be sold. I know, nobody wants the others, but not sure we should be selling Marshall

I know its the wrong thread but how do you come to that conclusion Tom?

We've lost at home to Wolves, been beaten by lower league opposition in the league cup and should have been dead and buried at H/T against Huddersfield?

Sorry Tom but in my opinion thats just bunk_um.

Get Marshall back in his proper position and let him try and recapture last season early form. Best way to increase his value anyway. The experiment of him in the hole hasn't worked and won't do he just isn't comfortable there and yet again his talents are being wasted nearly as badly as they were at right back. There are other options to try in the hole if he wants to go that way still.

• Backroom

Point 1 - we lost cairney who has great talent but was ineffective for us and often shoehorned in I think the loss of Cairney but acquisition of Guthrie and Akpan potentially makes us stronger especially if we can keep Barrow for the season.

Rudy is a huge loss but his presence often meant Rhodes was out of the game, we will have a challenge replacing his goals with strikers but I believe a Rhodes / Koita or Rhodes / Delfounso combination could work very well.

We now have more strength in depth in centre midfield and on the Wings and some decent options up front. Overall I think squad wise we aren't too bad considering how this summer could have (and I suppose still could) gone.

Wolves was an ok performance, Shrews was a shambles but that was down to the manager but I saw nothing of the Hudds game.

As for point 2 I know and again respect your view on it but for me I'm confident that Venkys for all they have done will still pay the wages next week, If they walk away tomorrow I'm significantly less confident that would happen. As I said to Abbey many people to their credit would see us start again in some upstart form in the bottom of non league but for me I wouldn't - that would be it for me, game over.

An ideal scenario is they sell up to a local consortium and we get the club back in some form, but short of that happening i would rather someone / anyone pay the bills than not.

. You could well be right,but with him not one of the 24 established players,might be wise to keep him..

O'Sullivan's 21 (turning 22 next month), so he'll become established once he hits 5 starts. I think he's currently at 2 (or do only league games count?).

Either way, I suspect that's part of the reason he may be shipped off. Need to make those 24 established players count and if Bowyer has deemed him not good enough (up for debate), then no use keeping him around as purely a sub or on the sidelines.

Same story for Lenihan, though he fills positions we have less depth in, so I suspect he'll stick around.

Point 1 - we lost cairney who has great talent but was ineffective for us and often shoehorned in I think the loss of Cairney but acquisition of Guthrie and Akpan potentially makes us stronger especially if we can keep Barrow for the season.

Rudy is a huge loss but his presence often meant Rhodes was out of the game, we will have a challenge replacing his goals with strikers but I believe a Rhodes / Koita or Rhodes / Delfounso combination could work very well.

We now have more strength in depth in centre midfield and on the Wings and some decent options up front. Overall I think squad wise we aren't too bad considering how this summer could have (and I suppose still could) gone.

Wolves was an ok performance, Shrews was a shambles but that was down to the manager but I saw nothing of the Hudds game.

As for point 2 I know and again respect your view on it but for me I'm confident that Venkys for all they have done will still pay the wages next week, If they walk away tomorrow I'm significantly less confident that would happen. As I said to Abbey many people to their credit would see us start again in some upstart form in the bottom of non league but for me I wouldn't - that would be it for me, game over.

An ideal scenario is they sell up to a local consortium and we get the club back in some form, but short of that happening i would rather someone / anyone pay the bills than not.

Thanks for the reply, some good points on the playing side based on guess work though, my guess is if they were any good they'd be at other clubs not here under embargo wages, but we'll see what transpires Tom.

As for playing down at Pleasington, its never happened to a team of our stature, and I'd wager it never will, certainly not to us. We can't keep hiding behind this excuse, allowing the people that abused the football club to continue abusing it because its the easiest option, thats just wrong.

Anyway its a transfer thread, so I'll leave it at that.

O'Sullivan's 21 (turning 22 next month), so he'll become established once he hits 5 starts. I think he's currently at 2 (or do only league games count?).

Either way, I suspect that's part of the reason he may be shipped off. Need to make those 24 established players count and if Bowyer has deemed him not good enough (up for debate), then no use keeping him around as purely a sub or on the sidelines.

Same story for Lenihan, though he fills positions we have less depth in, so I suspect he'll stick around.

Has anyone any idea if they have to be an established player at the start of the season to be included in the 24 .If you could become an establish player (5 league starts) during the season and then count towards the 24 it would limit the chances of younger players and i can not see the league making rules to limit younger players chances.

Has anyone any idea if they have to be an established player at the start of the season to be included in the 24 .If you could become an establish player (5 league starts) during the season and then count towards the 24 it would limit the chances of younger players and i can not see the league making rules to limit younger players chances.

. As I have been told,from someone supposedly in the know,your not a established player if you are under 22 and made less than 5 starts on 30th June,,but if they then come in and play more than 5 games or turn 22 you can still play this season,but from 30 th June next year you will then be an established player,be nice if someone from Rovers can actually confirm this....

Archived