BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Bolton 28Th August

I don't think that we have reached anywhere near the situation we had under king rat, but this week for the first time (mainly on social media) I have seen a real change in the aggression levels towards Gary, maybe the aggression is there because people believed the Sun story and when sacking didn't happen they have become aggressive. So if things do go badly against Bolton we could see some audible hostility towards Gary (but not at the levels that it reached for Keanochio).

That said, having seen Bolton play recently there are a poor side, playing with little confidence so there is every chance that we can beat them on Friday, especially if we can get Rhodes fit.

Its a pity people are going to target Bowyer in my opinion, but its a natural reaction to the footballing side of things being poor, sadly we're not in a natural situation with these owners, but what will be will be, he gets paid to take stick.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that we have reached anywhere near the situation we had under king rat, but this week for the first time (mainly on social media) I have seen a real change in the aggression levels towards Gary, maybe the aggression is there because people believed the Sun story and when sacking didn't happen they have become aggressive. So if things do go badly against Bolton we could see some audible hostility towards Gary (but not at the levels that it reached for Keanochio).

That said, having seen Bolton play recently there are a poor side, playing with little confidence so there is every chance that we can beat them on Friday, especially if we can get Rhodes fit.

Does anyone know if Rhodes is going to be fit?

• Moderation Lead

Its a pity people are going to target Bowyer in my opinion, but its a natural reaction to the footballing side of things being poor, sadly we're not in a natural situation with these owners, but what will be will be, he gets paid to take stick.

The owners aren't about though, so the man on the touchline is going to get all their flak sadly!

• Backroom

That said, having seen Bolton play recently there are a poor side, playing with little confidence so there is every chance that we can beat them on Friday

I imagine they'll be saying exactly the same about us.

Does anyone know if Rhodes is going to be fit?

Apparently, after the Cardiff game he was telling fans he would be out for six weeks.

We shall see.

I think the pressure on our players will be even greater with it being at home.

Maybe I'm out of touch but do you actually think its going to be ugly and hostile Paul?

People that I speak to think we're miles away from the night at home against Wigan under king rat.

I doubt it would reach the Kean/Wigan levels but I think we are coming to a head. I'm in the JWL, about 20/30 feet from GB, it's hardly a hot bed of unrest but there are people around me who are loudly questioning his judgement - it may not be long before they are on their feet shouting for change. Against Cardiff the ground was generally very quiet, despite what has been said re atmosphere, and I felt another goal or two might have started "Bowyer out."

Again the Cardiff game within seconds of scoring GB was tellin the players to calm down - I interpreted it as a signal to settle for a draw, I could be wrong and he was trying to stop them relaxing and then conceding another. At this point, before Rovers had got back to our half, I found myself screaming at GB "You're supposed to win the bloody game not draw. Why didn't you try from the start?" This in the midst of a goal celebration, I was steaming!!! The bloke in front turned and said to me "we need you down there on the touchline!" I did also get some strange looks.

If we play badly and go behind, especially by two or more, I think there will be loud complaints. For me another poor performance and failure to win is unaccetable

Who else is there to target GAV? I feel sorry for GB but I've been saying for at least 12 months he won't win promotion. The football is at best poor if not dreadful. Every single move is 100% predictable, every pass, every game, it takes nothing to defeat GB's tactics. We have no steel, no adventure, no passion, no balls, nothing. The manager is responsible for the football and therefore is the justifiable target.

Targetting the owners won't make any difference which isn't to suggest we take our frustrations out on GB. If he was correcting all the problems, could be seen to be doing his best in the face of adversity, it would be different. Trouble is he isn't, he's just a below average manager with no sense of drive or adventure - the shame is he is also a very nice man and he will be hurt by any protest aimed at him. that don't like.

I'm told that in the 70's it was quite a tasty affair and there has been a bit of scrapping by both sides outside their plastic bowl on a few occasions in recent years. Also a few skirmishes in Blackburn down the years, it is a rivalry and a decent one but some on their side dress it up as a main one whilst most Rovers fans only have eyes for Burnley. Shame for Bowton, If Chorley ever get up the leagues they might take em on :lol:

Used to be feisty but there was only ever 1 winner in the stakes and it wasn't Bolton!

I'm told that in the 70's it was quite a tasty affair and there has been a bit of scrapping by both sides outside their plastic bowl on a few occasions in recent years. Also a few skirmishes in Blackburn down the years, it is a rivalry and a decent one but some on their side dress it up as a main one whilst most Rovers fans only have eyes for Burnley. Shame for Bowton, If Chorley ever get up the leagues they might take em on :lol:

I can assure you it was very tasty , far more trouble at Rovers v Bolton games than Burnley games that I have attended ...Yes I was at Burnden in 73 and Ewood in 78 when they went up...

It was !

Remember one Saturday in particular when their mob arrived early at Blackburn station and quite a few surprised Rovers fans in the town pubs got a pasting and were run ragged.

Bit of wishful thinking there Roverite...a trip to the old Burnden Park saw you watching your back!

Absolutely.

We never got near The Lever End for good reason. Some tasty lads in there.

It was !

Remember one Saturday in particular when their mob arrived early at Blackburn station and quite a few surprised Rovers fans in the town pubs got a pasting and were run ragged.

Absolutely.

We never got near The Lever End for good reason. Some tasty lads in there.

Run us ragged every time the Bolton blokes tell me lol . Quite by coincidence I did see their mob get hammered in the Brewers in town in 96. Anyway thinking about it it's no wonder there is no ticket promotion on this one anymore the police probably won't allow it. Shame because there was some cracking crowds/followings and a good atmosphere.

My team for the game would be:-

Raya; Henley, Duffy, Hanley, Spurr; Barrow, Guthrie, Akpan, Conway; Delfouneso, Koita

Subs:- Steele, Kilgallon, Lowe, Olsson, Marshall, Lawrence, Rhodes.

Going for 2 nil win with Koita and Rhodes scoring

Rhodes?

Have you heard any news on his injury?

I think I'll go for a 0-0.

Both sides will be terrified of losing. Bolton in particular will consider a draw to be a decent result and it would stop their losing run away from home. We saw last season with their time wasting tactics what they are all about.

Rovers will therefore find it very difficult to break Bolton down, especially if Rhodes isn't fit. As we've seen numerous times we often find it very difficult to make a breakthrough against well organised sides and I expect that to be the case again on Friday.

@#/? 4-4-2 or even 4-2-3-1. I'd play 4-1-3-2 which guarantees a more attacking style of play. Losing a CM won't bother us because we can't even defend with two.

Raya

Henley Hanley Kilgallon Olsson

Guthrie

Conway Barrow Marshall

Koita Rhodes

If Rhodes plays, we win, he'll be the difference as both teams are absolute bobbins.

We've got the fonz though, absolute class he'll tear their defence to shreds

Tbh though I think Delfounso is a confidence player, against Wolves I thought he was pants but since he's scored a couple, from what I've seen he's been more sharp and brave

@#/? 4-4-2 or even 4-2-3-1. I'd play 4-1-3-2 which guarantees a more attacking style of play. Losing a CM won't bother us because we can't even defend with two.

Raya

Henley Hanley Kilgallon Olsson

Guthrie

Conway Barrow Marshall

Koita Rhodes

Agree with the sentiment Lewis but in my view 4-1-3-2 is basically 4-4-2 with one of the centre mids told to provide cover for the back 4 (which happens anyway in a 4-4-2). So, that said, would you be happy with a Guthrie Barrow CM partnership? I'm hopeful that Barrow can get established in the starting 11 due to his pace, but i think that needs to be out wide rather than expecting him to do a job in the middle in a 4-1-3-2 / 4-4-2.

Archived