Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neal, we'll agree to disagree then. It could be a whole lot worse. Fingers crossed that doesn't come to pass.

Absolutely.

We could end up with a crook as a manager that blames the fans for spiking his Lancashire HotPot, lines his own pockets by buying players not even good enough for the Brunie premier league and swears blind he doesn't have a cat then has an account at the cat grooming parlour in Whalley, could be for his wife I guess....

It could be worse.

To be fair, I am worried that the next guy will be some left-field muppet hat will finish off the job by sealing our fate in style. It's a definite risk.

But we look like going down anyway.

In any case, we have no bearing on matters, so I'm happy to state my case that he should go.

When you've got Singh tweeting crap about Judan Ali then it gives you an idea of the clueless rubbish these owners listen to. It's beyond belief it really is.

OMG..I had assumed that was a joke!

Actually, it is just a slow, lingering death unless Venky's get out. They don't listen, won't ever change. They are killing all the makes BRFC a club.

The longer the Indian gangrene/cancer is allowed to progress, the less of the patient will be left. I have concluded-reluctantly-that anything else is merely like giving the patient a shave, cutting his fingernails, buying him new pyjamas...Soon the bed will be empty!

Yeah some left field appointment who is at least 33-1 at the bookies like some of the others were :blink:

OMG..I had assumed that was a joke!

Actually, it is just a slow, lingering death unless Venky's get out. They don't listen, won't ever change. They are killing all the makes BRFC a club.

The longer the Indian gangrene/cancer is allowed to progress, the less of the patient will be left. I have concluded-reluctantly-that anything else is merely like giving the patient a shave, cutting his fingernails, buying him new pyjamas...Soon the bed will be empty!

Hopefully he was just doing it as a barbed dig to Rovers fans or maybe put the frighteners on seeing as the storm clouds are gathering. Surely even an idiot like him can't genuinely believe it but he is another chancer and if he thought he could get his man through the door he probably would.

Yeah some left field appointment who is at least 33-1 at the bookies like some of the others were :blink:

Hopefully he was just doing it as a barbed dig to Rovers fans or maybe put the frighteners on seeing as the storm clouds are gathering. Surely even an idiot like him can't genuinely believe it but he is another chancer and if he thought he could get his man through the door he probably would.

Now I know the tweet was real, I just see it as about the clown's ego. He was right all along etc...even as he tripped over his banana shoes and fell on his a****...

Venkys are so unpredictable that we have absolutely no idea what way they would go this time if they needed to find a new manager.

If they entrusted Shaw to do the job, whilst I wouldn't be particularly happy, would at least have some faith that he could spot some sort of capable manager. I would expect Shaw to look at the likes of Darren Ferguson, Ian Holloway, Alan Irvine or Phil Brown. People who at the very least have some record of success in English football, but would be underwhelming appointments when compared to more ambitious targets like a Poyet or Pearson who have recently done well in the Premier League/Championship, who would probably demand a bigger salary and would be less willing to compromise on terms.

However, the flip side is if Venkys listen to other people - then all of a sudden wildcard candidates become more likely - people like Judan Ali etc. who no doubt have friends who would be putting thoughts into the owners minds. The fact that he is still lurking in the background is a major worry. These are the sort of people who are capable of sacking someone like Bowyer, give the fans temporary hope, before crushing us once again with a laughable appointment, and

They could quite conceivably just promote Johnson or Short into the role as they did with Bowyer and Kean, or they could look externally as we did with Appleton and Berg (although in both those cases the 'board' was 'entrusted' to lead the search for a new man.

So it could go any way really, but the least likely of all is that they suddenly decide to offer a lucrative contract to a proven manager like a Pearson who would tell them straight what he thought and what he wanted. They wouldn't like that one bit. More likely are candidates willing to bend to their way of working and who would jump through hoops to manage in the Championship, rather than someone who would be willing to come but only providing their terms were met first.

BOWYER out. Need a new manager fresh ideas. Getting fed up now with Bowyer and his tombola machine to pick his team Hanley, Lowe guarantees the rest of the starting 11 whoever he pull out of the tombola. Clueless inept no idea 😡

I guess that was my point with the patient scenario. Enough is enough etc

The point really is, its a similar situation we had before. Poor poor results, manager survives for whatever reason , fans moan, but by then its too late and things turn ugly.

The role of Derek Shaw must surely be scrutinised, becauase what exactly does he do at the club. As i said before, John Williams along with Finn were allowed to rule the club, and make changes whenever necessary. This going over to talk 1st to the madame, is such a ridiculous thing to be in.

Shaw is just there to dot the i's and cross the t's on the administration day to day stuff. He'll know how to satisfy the league rules etc and organise the bog standard stuff but that's about it.

Everyone at Ewood has their own agenda and that's the main problem. Whilst you would rather have Shaw searching for a manager than Singh or some lad from the Indian FA he will only go for options he can manipulate himself you would imagine. That narrows it down to mostly ex North End goons :(

I think the so-called Rovers Fans can see it, it's just they either don't care enough about the club to get worked up about it or have backed themselves into a corner defending Bowyer and can't change opinion without losing face.

It's been obvious for well over a year that Bowyer is no manager. A good person to have on staff? I'd say most definitely - just not in the manager's seat.

Nice bit of flaming.

the happy-clappers attend games and therefore obviously care about the club. How many games do you get to?.

We are a laughing stock,tell a person you are a Rovers fan these days and its most likely met with a cheesy grin.

I'll never forgive these Pune b'stards for what they have done to this club..NEVER!

The day this lot sod off will see street parties in Blackburn that will put the Queens Jubilee '77 to shame.

We are a laughing stock,tell a person you are a Rovers fan these days and its most likely met with a cheesy grin.

I'll never forgive these Pune b'stards for what they have done to this club..NEVER!

The day this lot sod off will see street parties in Blackburn that will put the Queens Jubilee '77 to shame.

Street parties?

I understand the sentiment but I don't think people actually care enough SG.

It's Frustrating really.

Brentford Away for me. Duffy and Hanley were having a torrid time BUT the problem was the bloody midfield and as Gazza came towards the corner tunnel at Brentford I shouted kindly/pleadingly "Sort out the Midfield please Garry" and he looked so bemused. Not expecting Rovers supporters in the home area and completely confused as to what to do.

Cant see us getting anything tomorrow so i think saturday will be make or break if we lose i can see him going , draw or win he carries on ....... do i want him sacked ... not really i still maintain that he'd done a decent job in very difficult times but .......i think its time for change

Venkys are so unpredictable that we have absolutely no idea what way they would go this time if they needed to find a new manager.

If they entrusted Shaw to do the job, whilst I wouldn't be particularly happy, would at least have some faith that he could spot some sort of capable manager. I would expect Shaw to look at the likes of Darren Ferguson, Ian Holloway, Alan Irvine or Phil Brown. People who at the very least have some record of success in English football, but would be underwhelming appointments when compared to more ambitious targets like a Poyet or Pearson who have recently done well in the Premier League/Championship, who would probably demand a bigger salary and would be less willing to compromise on terms.

They could quite conceivably just promote Johnson or Short into the role as they did with Bowyer and Kean, or they could look externally as we did with Appleton and Berg (although in both those cases the 'board' was 'entrusted' to lead the search for a new man.

I would like to see Shaw sack and replace with someone like Adam Pearson who has just left Leeds as MD. he is an experience football MD. The owners should appoint him in the MD role and let him run the club. cant be any worse than Shaw.

I deffo wouldn't want Darren Ferguson or Phil Brown or Alan Irvine at Rovers as manager.

Archived