BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City (A) Saturday 26Th September 3Pm, Kc Stadium

K-Hod

Well, I suppose those who never go to a game find it difficult to understand the enjoyment that can be gained from watching football. Clearly, you enjoy making snide remarks at those who actually get out and support the club that you, strangely enough, claim to follow.

Brother Amarillo talks like he's seen more battles than Admiral Nelson, does he never leave the port?

Maybe he's shipwrecked in Australia, if so apologies, if not why don't you go?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very good point. We played a team with better players than us away from home and got a point, have to be happy with that. Plus, we were without Guthrie and Koita who I see as key components of the team.

Things seem to have clicked since the 30th minute of the Fulham game, we look like a far stronger outfit now than we did 4 games ago. We won't go up but don't feel there's any danger of us going down either.

Another winger and striker needed on loan to strengthen the squad.

Brother Amarillo talks like he's seen more battles than Admiral Nelson, does he never leave the port?

Maybe he's shipwrecked in Australia, if so apologies, if not why don't you go?

No, Chris_H is the one missing all the little nuances of the game marooned in his Australian armchair :P

On paper, seems a good result. Unfortunately missed even the Rovers Player commentary today, so can't comment on how the game went, but as someone earlier said, win at home and draw away (especially against the more fancied teams) and you won't be too far off. Hopefully, the form off the last 2 or 3 games will continue and if we can tighten up at the back then we can do better than I envisaged we would a few weeks ago.

Agree with regard to Evans. Now playing the best football of his time at the club and he and Akpan looked very good in the middle of the park

Pleased to hear that. The RoversPlayer commentary made it sound like Evans had a nightmare in the deeper role. Will watch the game when it comes out on RP with interest.

Has he thrown a wobbler cause he wanted a move to Brighton in Summer maybe? Or does he know that there's no competition for his place so he's got complacent?

Personally, I would give Mahoney a go for the next 2 or 3 games and see how he does. If he does well, then great, if not, then it might at least give Marshal a kick up the ass that the manager is thinking of alternatives.

Has he thrown a wobbler cause he wanted a move to Brighton in Summer maybe? Or does he know that there's no competition for his place so he's got complacent?

Personally, I would give Mahoney a go for the next 2 or 3 games and see how he does. If he does well, then great, if not, then it might at least give Marshal a kick up the ass that the manager is thinking of alternatives.

Really good shout can't be any worse than fresh air which is how marshy is playing at present!

Whatever has happened to Marshall??

I have no idea but his body language was appalling in the second half. He looked like he'd given up. Before being substituted he had hidden, shoulders slumped, head down, rather than show himself to receive a throw in. When he came off the manager didn't even acknowledge him which is very unlike GB. He seems very fragile. Maybe a spell on the bench would do him good.

I have no idea but his body language was appalling in the second half. He looked like he'd given up. Before being substituted he had hidden, shoulders slumped, head down, rather than show himself to receive a throw in. When he came off the manager didn't even acknowledge him which is very unlike GB. He seems very fragile. Maybe a spell on the bench would do him good.

I saw Marshall last season when he, Cairney and Conway were struggling for form. Only Conway looked as though he trying to make an impact on the game. I'm lead to believe that Marshall is a talent, if that is the case it looks as though that talent is being wasted through lack of determination.

I actually thought he improved in the Charlton match - was constantly looking for the ball. Not the player we saw in patches last season - but an improvement. It is a shame if his form dipped again today.

Decent away point and credit to all for plugging away till the end. Recent signs are more encouraging but a slow start means we are still playing catch up.

I wasn't looking forward to today's result and thought they'd have too much for us at their place. Pleasing result. Makes such a difference to any weekend knowing we've tried our best and shown some bottle.

Chuffed for the travelling fans. Hope no one left early.

Is it just me ..or has this thread suddenly gone very quiet now we ve gained a point ,,?

OK point in isolation but put into context it still leaves us hovering dangerously above the relegation zone. Not much else to say really is there? Wins and lots of them are what is required to put us in a secure position. I'd be far more inclined to celebrate a point like this if we were already sat in the top 6 personally.

On a separate note as many others have said, heaven help us if Rhodes gets injured.

A point at Hull is a good one and I'm pleased with it. Looking at the highlights though what the hell are we doing allowing a free header 8 yards out 3 minutes into injury time when we've just clawed our way back into the match? Ffs.

Iknow, that's us though isn't it. I fully expected Hull to grab a winner after we scored.

Iknow, that's us though isn't it. I fully expected Hull to grab a winner after we scored

But they didn't, so lets enjoy the point. It will look like a very good point, if we can get all 3 next week at home to Ipswich.

Why not? Excellent away point. A pretty decent performance and a thoroughly entertaining game of football. A great afternoon's entertainment for those who pay good money to travel to watch the Rovers.

Thanks for the info. What was Akpam like on the ball?

With regards to Marshall I think his form dropped suddenly at Leicester too. Wingers can be erratic in form but he has certainly dipped. Bowyer obviously realises this as he made reference to wanting another winger in the Q and A session.

Theres no hiding the fact we re still very vulnerable at the back and Bowyer at times can be clueless,but in the position we re in its got to be points first performances second.

Lets get on a run and then start to demand more from the performances..

I said earlier that Hanley was calamitous at times and he brings that on himself by thinking he is better than he actually is. He was caught in possession several times and his heading was weak. He should concentrate on defending, pure and simple. One of my friends has sarcastically nicknamed him The Kaiser. To counter that the other three from the back four played well. In fact Duffy would have been pushing for our best player on the day. He played two exquisite long diagonal passes to Conway in the first half, something he has tried many times in the past without success.

OK point in isolation but put into context it still leaves us hovering dangerously above the relegation zone. Not much else to say really is there? Wins and lots of them are what is required to put us in a secure position. I'd be far more inclined to celebrate a point like this if we were already sat in the top 6 personally.

On a separate note as many others have said, heaven help us if Rhodes gets injured.

The things is that we need a few upsets to get back on track. It's no good winning one game in 10 and then being happy with a draw - however well earned or however good the opposition are "on paper". We need to turn some of these draws into wins but that's difficult when we usually concede first and clean sheets are as rare as rocking horse poo.

Only just seen the highlights. Same old defensive mistakes, time after time. Farting around with the ball and passing into dangerous places, players going for a ball that isn't theirs whilst leaving their man/space totally free. It isn't going to magically improve. There just isn't any organisation at the back.

Archived