BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fifa Proceedings Begin

1arC

It looks like criminal proceedings are just about to get underway against Sepp Blatter. There is plenty of mention about TV rights being allocated illegally allegedly and that may well point to certain company in Switzerland and possibly even a super agent.

In the words of Kevin Keegan in a now famous rant "I would love it" if this is the beginning of the end!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Just now, Silas said:

Yahoo version of CVC Story

Don't worry, you can get most things for free nowadays if you try hard enough. 

Whether free or not, I don't want to register to news sites. Got enough crap I have to sign up to already these days! I didn't look for whether they cost, I just immediately binned them off. I don't want to try hard enough lol

Cheers for the link.

Edited by bluebruce

2 hours ago, Silas said:

Yahoo version of CVC Story

Don't worry, you can get most things for free nowadays if you try hard enough. 

This private equity firm are steadily increasing their influence in rugby union, possibly at the detrement of the sport. They're involved with the Premiership in England, and just bought a stake in the Pro 14 (the Welsh/Irish/Scottish/Italian regional league). I fear that they will create a closed off super League involving these clubs and promotion and relegation will not be allowed. Therefore all the big money will be carved up between a cabal of super clubs, and everyone else will have to survive as best they can.

As for the proposed world league, mentioning Auckland City playing Real Madrid is a joke. Auckland City are about the same level as Morcombe and play against teams worse than the national League north/south.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr

• 8 months later...

I remember debates on here in 2011 when many were absolutely certain it was impossible to fix matches.

For what it is worth, today and for many seasons now I think Rovers inconsistency and surprise results both good and bad are the product of ineptness combined with squads capable of more than they achieved come season's end and not the product of anything untoward.

I have felt the total opposite in the past.

I would add in defence of British journalists, the use of UK libel laws contributes enormously to their silence. I can think of six who probably have files at least as thick as Declan Hill. Declan has certain privileges as an academic which commercial journalists don't enjoy but he is also very smart in how and where he is specific.

In that video, Hill talks about a pool of $1.6 trillion cash sloshing around.

One year GDP of the entire UK economy? $2.8 trillion.

Edited by philipl

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

Perfect timing... this is from today on Fb!!

49698062-0022-4D6C-9309-3E248D67AF1E.thumb.jpeg.c49e87da08c1135c408db8b1a92f106d.jpeg

6D8F52C2-DAA6-475B-AE1A-F88227950D84.thumb.jpeg.98db62db6e8e92528ee8f0fafe4d3285.jpeg

I remember something similar to that in 2013 offering games across the English leagues.

For some reason, National League South was especially dodgy in the UK.

I would watch Leagues 1 and 2 next season following the introduction of the salary cap.

• 4 weeks later...

The head of International Athletics jailed for corruption- https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-athletics-corruption/ex-head-of-world-athletics-diack-found-guilty-of-corruption-idUKKBN267249

This raises huge questions over numerous athletics and Olympics medals.

Europol have just issued a report into football. This reads like Rovers in 2010, 2011 and 2012 and Wigan more recently.

Football most targeted

Football is the most targeted and manipulated sport by international organised crime groups because of its worldwide popularity, financial dimension and large turn-over betting market attached to it. The size of the global betting market is estimated at €1.7 trillion, with football on its own accounting for €895 billion.

Europol warned that South-East Asian, and particularly Chinese, networks were trying to acquire smaller football clubs in financial difficulty for the purpose of sport manipulation.

“Individuals and companies are involved in taking control, or attempting to do so, of EU football clubs for the purpose of betting-related match-fixing. Details of the concrete involvement of Chinese organised crime groups operating in or having an impact on the EU in sports corruption remain a major intelligence gap,” Europol said.

Buying or sponsoring clubs

Europol said the more ‘professional’ method used by certain crime groups was to buy a club, or sponsor it to an extent of gaining effective control over the team.

The targeted club is bought for the sole purpose of fixing matches and to launder money. “High illegal gains are secured through the execution of an extended series of manipulated matches for betting purposes,” Europol said.

This is a growing trend especially in football, where clubs of lower divisions, sometimes beset by heavy financial problems, are taken over by foreign individuals and companies.

Europol said that it is commonly observed that the new investors of a club will transfer specifically selected foreign players in the targeted teams and use them to execute match-fixing schemes.