BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black market?

Well we applied on the first draw when you basically went for each match without knowing who was in each group!

At the time we got lots of tickets but zero England (ironically got Wales and Ireland).

We have a lot of neutral matches but managed to England tickets on resale meaning we don't need certain ones such as Wales v Slovakia anymore.

We gave most back to UEFA for their resale but held onto some for swaps.

Obviously only looking to sell at face value.

2 of us got tickets to England vs Russia in Marseille and England vs Slovakia in St Etienne. Based in Marseille from the 9th-15th June and then Lyon from the 15th and coming back on the Eurostar on the 21st. Got a St Georges flag coming this week with "Blackburn Rovers" across the middle, Rovers badge in the top left quadrant and the 3 lions badge in the bottom right. Sadly, no Venky's Out on it. A few have already said on here that they'll be in Marseille for the Russia game so if anyone fancies meeting up for a drink, let us know.

Hopefully getting two tickets for England v Slovakia. Trying to go to at least one more game. Looking forward to the trip. On vacation and football, too. Doesn't get much better.

I'm pessimistic about Sweden's chances in this year's tournament, even with the ridiculously soft rules for qualifying from the group stage. We're in the middle of a generational shift, have a weak defensive line, and a manager whose main attributes are cluelessness and naivety. However, there's also that lanky fellow called Ibrahimovic, and at least a glimmer of a tendency to complement his skill with a hardworking unit of a team after too many years of instead cramming in as many attacking players as possible. Players to look out for except Ibrahimovic are Emil Forsberg (tricky winger who likes to move inside the field, named 2. Bundesliga's best player this season), Oscar Lewicki (midfield terrier with an amazing vertical leap, brought up through the Bayern Münich academy) and Victor Nilsson Lindelöf (young defender who came from nowhere to establish himself at Benfica this season, had some very strong performances in the Champions League playoffs and who's now being eyed by clubs like Juventus and Real Madrid).

Going to Majorca for 8 nights, then flying to Nice for 3, then up to Paris for 2 and then home on Sunday.

Hopefully try and find a ticket for Sweden vs Belgium when we're in Nice, if not just watch it with some Swedish girls.

If England win their group, they'll be playing in Paris on that Saturday.

Njut :)

Andros Townsend just been booed on to the pitch vs Australia. I don't know why people can't put their domestic allegiances to one side when they've paid to watch England. Booing a player on because he's playing at his rivals stadium. A tad parochial from the presumably majority Sunderland faithful. Not first time it's happened and it won't be the last but I always find it odd.

Does anyone remember the England u21 vs Greece u21 game at Ewood? I was in Bburn end and a group of lads didn't stop ripping the goalkeeper and striker I think for the entire game because they played for Burnley. Not attempting to spell either name :)

Does anyone remember the England u21 vs Greece u21 game at Ewood? I was in Bburn end and a group of lads didn't stop ripping the goalkeeper and striker I think for the entire game because they played for Burnley. Not attempting to spell either name :)

Burnley "fans" did the same to a Rovers player at the Turd. I think it was Hanley.

I wouldn't take Rashford personally, Sturridge has to go as for me he is our most gifted player

Personally I was surprised that Rashford got MOM. I thought his hold up play was average - and he wasted several good opportunities because of poor first touches. If you are going to give it for just scoring a goal - then Rooney's goal was better - as was his general impact on play, but equally I wouldn't have given him MOM.

only watched the highlights so maybe didnt get the overall view but rashford looks the real deal to me. Pacy, powerful, skillful and scores. I think he and Sturridge (if fit) will go and Roy will sacrifice a midfielder.

That said Stirling looked outstanding before the last world cup, then did little and regressed ever since so what can you do?

im genuinely confused about how we can get the best out of this squad. all the best players are strikers. how many of them can we fit effectively into the team? Three maybe? Wish we had exciting talent coming through in the positions we need like central midfield and central defence.

There was a brilliant Paddy Power advert on at half time in the Champions League tonight, not sure if it would have been shown down south but it certainly was in Scotland. It was broadly based on Braveheart and the fundamental premise was that it encouraged the Scots to bet on whoever England were playing against in Euro 2016 (might even have been offering bonuses on it actually). I tried to find it on YouTube without success but even as an Englishman I found it hilarious.

I'll be coming back to England for a few weeks in June.

It will be the first time since Euro 2000 that I'll have been in Blackburn during a major International Football tournament. Do people still go out to the pubs to watch England games or is Blackburn centre completely dead these days?

It will be the first time since Euro 2000 that I'll have been in Blackburn during a major International Football tournament. Do people still go out to the pubs to watch England games or is Blackburn centre completely dead these days?

The problem is the lack of pubs in the town centre. You will find a couple but might be better if heading for somewhere out of town or going to Darwen. I'm not sure if Accy is all that any more either.

Supermarket prices haven't just made pubs quieter, they've closed them down.

Pubs ? Ha

Archived