BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hodgson is a right clueless old codger. Kane on corners? Rooney through the middle? Vardy out wide? Bloke is an uninspiring F.A. ass piece. Love for him to totally prove me wrong but I can't imagine he commands much respect and imagine many of these superstars are thinking "shut up Woy". If we don't make the semi's (which we won't) he should immediately go and bring in someone much younger and innovative.

Hodgson is a right clueless old codger. Kane on corners? Rooney through the middle? Vardy out wide? Bloke is an uninspiring F.A. ass piece. Love for him to totally prove me wrong but I can't imagine he commands much respect and imagine many of these superstars are thinking "shut up Woy". If we don't make the semi's (which we won't) he should immediately go and bring in someone much younger and innovative.

Problem with England is fans and media think we're far better than we actually are.

Hodgson is the best man for the job as far as I'm concerned, his experience is unrivaled in terms of who would want/fit the England managers job, but he can only work with whats he's got and they're simply not very good in European/world terms.

Who would you replace him with Neal?

For me the game was pointless as it smacks of players not giving their all in case of injury, I can guarantee that we will see the real England against Russia, besides its a @#/? poor group consisting of three average teams we should walk over, I'm still confident England can make the semis

JAL you really are a nob at times and you talk @#/?

Problem with England is fans and media think we're far better than we actually are.

Hodgson is the best man for the job as far as I'm concerned, his experience is unrivaled in terms of who would want/fit the England managers job, but he can only work with whats he's got and they're simply not very good in European/world terms.

England are horribly flawed with lack of natural leaders and woeful central defenders.

But by any objective assessment, the England formation and tactics against Portugal were a complete load of baloney. So disappointing after the performance in Germany for instance.

I don't mind Hodgson, he has bags of European experience and is not a bad manager. He had Fulham playing some lovely stuff, even if things haven't worked out for him elsewhere.

Who would I replace him with, if required? Allardyce.

I don't mind Hodgson, he has bags of European experience and is not a bad manager. He had Fulham playing some lovely stuff, even if things haven't worked out for him elsewhere.

Who would I replace him with, if required? Allardyce.

:lol:

Personally I'd keep Hodgson for qualifying and bring in Benitez for tournaments. Totally different skillset required.

Qualifiers (league format) require tactics and scouting.

Tournaments (cup format) require motivation and team spirit.

Roy just comes across as a shouty, exasperated old man when he gets aeriated!

England need to produce some decent managers. Roy is as good as any of them - ie very average. Not much point changing it up to exchange one average coach for another.

We could go for an outstanding foreign coach but we did that with Eriksson and Capello with mediocre results also.

If we could attract Mourinho, Guardioala etc into the role in a few years then that might be worth it, but I doubt they'll want it.

Saw someone comment the other day about the lack of top English players who went on to become decent mangers in recent times.

The best is probably Bruce and he didn't even play for England.

The likes of Ince, Robson, Shearer and Adams all proved to be pretty shocking. Bit of a strange one really. Not sure there's really an explanation for it.

• Backroom

We could go for an outstanding foreign coach but we did that with Eriksson and Capello with mediocre results also.

A bit harsh on Sven imo. The "golden generation" nonsense masked the fact that many of our regular players were inferior to their international counterparts. In that regard I'd say Sven did about as well as could be expected.

Capello was a disaster, whilst Woy along with the FA have downgraded expectations to the point where we now feel fortunate to escape the group stages (and even failed to do that last time around).

I'd love to see somebody like Eddie Howe given a chance to manage the national side. A young manager with real ambition.

For me the game was pointless as it smacks of players not giving their all in case of injury, I can guarantee that we will see the real England against Russia, besides its a @#/? poor group consisting of three average teams we should walk over, I'm still confident England can make the semis

JAL you really are a nob at times and you talk @#/?

The adult male eleven a side game is on the decline in England sorry I can't give you any stats but the FA wouldn't want to publish negatives. The women's game has propped up the falling adult male footballers in this country for the past few years.

Dont wish to sound ageist but someone much much younger, with more inventive ideas and that can motivate. I just can't ever see Hodgson motivating or inspiring an Englad sqaud, you want a manager who players will run through walls for and I just dont Hodsgon as that man.

Perhaps Howe.

I don't think we'll ever see the very top managers managing England as they want to be involved in the day to day cut and thrust of League management at the World's top Clubs. Managing England is almost a part time role so it's better suited for someone approaching the end of their career.

As for Woy I've never rated him since he was at Rovers. It strikes me he does well when there is no expectation on him at a smaller Club but when he is expected to deliver results at places like Jack Walker's Rovers, Liverpool or England he fails to deliver. More of a smooth talking politician than a football manager who is good at making a failure sound acceptable.

And as for the Euros I'm not expecting too much. It appears as though going into the tournament Woy hasn't a clue what his best eleven or formation is.

England would have reached a major final by now under Allardyce; Hodgson has been a disaster every time an important game rolls around. The obsession with Rooney in a central role will cost England dearly again.

England would have reached a major final by now under Allardyce; Hodgson has been a disaster every time an important game rolls around. The obsession with Rooney in a central role will cost England dearly again.

Seriously?

Can you tell me which final you think they'd have reached because I don't think he's anywhere near England managerial class, he can't build a team around players with any quality, but he does work well with average players in average teams, under Allardyce they'd never win major tournaments on an international stage or even get to a final.

Archived