BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

Might want to take them rose tinted glasses off. For one, we are under an embargo, which we should have done all we can to get out of straight away.

Even selling Rhodes, as it was never about him "keeping us up" it was about the club moving forward and we could potentially lose out on a manager now due to embargo.

Fulham have just spent a fortune and thirdly he would have a better quality of life down there.

Totally disagree on the quality of life bit. Remember we are not talking about someone stuck on minimum wage. He can take his pick of some of the nicest places in the UK right on the doorstep.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to this website, it's a done deal.

http://the72.co.uk/39620/blackburn-rovers-paul-lambert-agrees-to-become-new-boss/

Could be complete cobblers of course but if true it would tie in with the snippet on Talk Sport News last night saying he had agreed to join.

According to Darren Pepe White on TheRovers Facebook group:

"He's already signed mate will be unveiled as manager tomorrow afternoon / Saturday. My uncle works as the communications and financial director at the club he's signed a 3 and a half year deal."

and

"They are taking there time because there is a international break for a start. Secondly they are sorting out the formalities with the back room staff who I think your be impressed with coz I am. Irvine is one man that's here. I can't say to much else to u guys at the mo will update you later on once I no a bit more."

So you guys can rest easy now.

• Backroom

No problem with them not making an appointment on Diwali - I don't often work on Christmas Day, then again I don't make massive business decisions on Christmas Eve either.

Not panicked yet although I don't expect it to be Lambert purely on gut feeling

We need to ignore the internet and twitter until we hear something official. What a load of rubbish everywhere you look. The smart man follows the bookmaker. They aren't idiots. Everything points to a Lambert deal agreed long before Bowyer was sacked.

The chat with Lambert's agent....all run of the mill stuff. Anyone of us/newspapers would get the same answer. What else was he supposed to say!?!?

The sun article. That's what it is. A sun article. Absolute rubbish. The deal with Lambert or another candidate is clearly made hense the swift sacking of the entire backroom team. They are probably putting final touches to it. The festival won't affect it. They aren't clowns. They made mistakes but let us not forget they are very successful businessmen. Words fail me.

Oh i agree entirely that's why i reside in the Valley. But living on the Kings Road is not to be sniffed at, it's a pull for most people.

Look at the amount of top players that only want to play in London.

that's because for years it's been the only place they'd heard of in terms of entertainment etc. For most foreigners London is England. Manchester is rapidly catching up on the entertainment art and culture front but it will take a long time for that to filter through to foreign footballers. It won't be something Lambert is ignorant of however, and if he's taking Irvine with him wherever, well he already knows

We need to ignore the internet and twitter until we hear something official. What a load of rubbish everywhere you look. The smart man follows the bookmaker. They aren't idiots. Everything points to a Lambert deal agreed long before Bowyer was sacked.

The chat with Lambert's agent....all run of the mill stuff. Anyone of us/newspapers would get the same answer. What else was he supposed to say!?!?

The sun article. That's what it is. A sun article. Absolute rubbish. The deal with Lambert or another candidate is clearly made hense the swift sacking of the entire backroom team. They are probably putting final touches to it. The festival won't affect it. They aren't clowns. They made mistakes but let us not forget they are very successful businessmen. Words fail me.

I'm sorry but if it looks like a clown, walks like a clown and talks like a clown - It's a clown !

travelling through North London as I type, why anyone would want to live here is beyond me, it makes Bank Top look like Monaco.

The only efficient way to get around is by helicopter, give me Blackburn and Darwen any day of the week.

But I digress....

travelling through North London as I type, why anyone would want to live here is beyond me, it makes Bank Top look like Monaco.

The only efficient way to get around is by helicopter, give me Blackburn and Darwen any day of the week.

But I digress....

I agree. I took my class there last week and it's absolutely horrific. Stuck in traffic 2 hours in the morning and 90 mins in the evening for a distance of 15km every day. Shocking. Plus....the city workers look happy and everyone else looks miserable.

Anyway....

We don't have turf at Ewood, that's for the digitally challenged,

We have hallowed top quality grass

Excuse me for not getting that wrong ;)

No problem with them not making an appointment on Diwali - I don't often work on Christmas Day, then again I don't make massive business decisions on Christmas Eve either.

Not panicked yet although I don't expect it to be Lambert purely on gut feeling

Who does your gut say then? I can't see it being anyone else but Lambert

Might want to take them rose tinted glasses off. For one, we are under an embargo, which we should have done all we can to get out of straight away.

Even selling Rhodes, as it was never about him "keeping us up" it was about the club moving forward and we could potentially lose out on a manager now due to embargo.

Fulham have just spent a fortune and thirdly he would have a better quality of life down there.

Well firstly we could be out of this embargo next month according to Alan Nixon cos our owners reckon they found a way around it.

Secondly, better quality life in London really? Not been a huge fan of the place and traffic is horrible and jams everywhere.

Plus looking at Rovers we have better training facilities and stadium. Plus look at our history of our club compare to QPR or Fulham

Miss out on Lambert and the s*** hits the fan. Its quite clear he's our favourite and probably only ongoing target. I wouldn't trust Venkys to have a back-up plan in place if things go wrong. It probably wouldn't even occur to them that someone like Lambert might need promises and guarantees and could easily walk away if things aren't right for him, given that most of their other subordinates are obedient and grateful for a job. They probably think they can do things at their own pace and haven't even contemplated another club showing an interest.

If we mess about and miss out on Lambert then what? Moyes is hardly going to come running if he's 2nd choice to his fellow Scot and if Shaw gets the boot/is sidelined. Jokanovic is unlikely to walk out on challenging for silverware and competing in Europe at Tel Aviv. We can forget Pearson because he wouldn't work with these people.

After those above who else fits the supposed criteria of past promotion(s)? Billy Davies did it with Derby but I don't think he'd last 5 minutes with Shaw and Venkys. Holloway is bad news and again I doubt it would end well given his recent record.

This needs to get done and dusted asap.

Well firstly we could be out of this embargo next month according to Alan Nixon cos our owners reckon they found a way around it.

Secondly, better quality life in London really? Not been a huge fan of the place and traffic is horrible and jams everywhere.

Plus looking at Rovers we have better training facilities and stadium. Plus look at our history of our club compare to QPR or Fulham

We will wait to see on the embargo.

It's a wonder anyone lives in London, must be awful living on the King's Road and Knightsbridge.

Stadiums are similar, not seen the training ground but it's not a massive pull for a player/manager. (unless it's Blackpools)

I realise we've had a fair amount of idiocy to deal with over the past five years but FFS calm down folks!

If you react to every single newspaper rumour and bit of tittle-tattle you'll give yourselves a coronary.

The very fact that it Paul Lambert appears to be a target is surely good news, whether we get him or not. It shows the type/quality of appointment we are looking to make. Until they make an announcement there's no point driving yourselves round the twist about it.

FWIW I think Lambert will come to Ewood. Failing that, it will be someone of a similar ilk (Moyes, Pearson). I have no evidence for this, but everything feels better about this situation, as if there is someone who actually knows what they are doing directing things in the background.

• Backroom

According to Warnock on talksport,saying Rovers close to sealing Lambert deal..

Has he taken over from 'arry?

'Triffic manager but going elsewhere'

If you sell your two best players every season then a new manager,however good, will;not be enough.....Are.Hull at the Top cos of Steve Bruce or the fact they kept their squad intact.....Lennon at Bolton or any of the Leeds Managers...Are these managers so bad?.Or are iis it because of because selling their best players.

Any club which works as a football farm..buy young,,fatten up then sell.is stuck...Best manager for us will be someone who knows an untapped source of hidden talent no one knows about...so maybe Lambert has some connection,.Hughes described this as producing "rabbits out of the hat" for Rovers...saying he could no longer do it as he left..

Best in the business at this is Coleman at Accy...Sees his side asset stripped at the end of every season,become favs go down, then replaces .them,,,.the newbies then gel second half of the season and stayup.......

I realise we've had a fair amount of idiocy to deal with over the past five years but FFS calm down folks!

If you react to every single newspaper rumour and bit of tittle-tattle you'll give yourselves a coronary.

The very fact that it Paul Lambert appears to be a target is surely good news, whether we get him or not. It shows the type/quality of appointment we are looking to make. Until they make an announcement there's no point driving yourselves round the twist about it.

FWIW I think Lambert will come to Ewood. Failing that, it will be someone of a similar ilk (Moyes, Pearson). I have no evidence for this, but everything feels better about this situation, as if there is someone who actually knows what they are doing directing things in the background.

I agree Andy. I am quite relaxed about it and once you factor the timelines in then this is nothing unusual. The news on Bowyer being sacked broke less than 48 hours ago and even if they had somebody lined up it takes time to organise things such as contracts for several people even if a deal was agreed beforehand in principle. The LMA and their legal team will have to approve the contracts. Then there has to be a press conference to announce the manager. And also we are on an international break which gives us a little more leeway. And in the past Bowyer has allowed several players time off during such breaks, as proven by the tweets (or whatever) players have been sending from their holiday. If this is the case and players have been promised time off I think this would be honoured.

If it gets to the early part of next week and there is no news I might panic a bit but at the moment I am quite relaxed.

Archived