BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

My emotions have come full circle. While bowyer was in charge I was negative and pessimistic. Once heard he was sacked I was elated, quickly I remembered who our owners were but was still cautiously optimistic. Now nothing happened I'm back at total negativity/pessimism awaiting another dolloper. Eric kinder esq. At that stage I'm done.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you sell your two best players every season then a new manager,however good, will;not be enough.....Are.Hull at the Top cos of Steve Bruce or the fact they kept their squad intact.....Lennon at Bolton or any of the Leeds Managers...Are these managers so bad?.Or are iis it because of because selling their best players.

Any club which works as a football farm..buy young,,fatten up then sell.is stuck...Best manager for us will be someone who knows an untapped source of hidden talent no one knows about...so maybe Lambert has some connection,.Hughes described this as producing "rabbits out of the hat" for Rovers...saying he could no longer do it as he left..

Best in the business at this is Coleman at Accy...Sees his side asset stripped at the end of every season,become favs go down, then replaces .them,,,.the newbies then gel second half of the season and stayup.......

Not strictly true though. Both Hull and Burnley lost some big hitters after relegation. In Hull's case Brady and Chester spring to mind, in Burnley's case Trippier, Shackell and Ings. The real issue is how to replace those people.

As in our case, selling Gestede and Cairney wasn't the biggest problem. Most people in the Championship would consider £10 million profit over 18 months to be very good. The problem was that we are under an embargo, making it virtually impossible to replace either of them.

If we'd sold them both for £10 million and reinvested £5 million in replacements I don't think I'd complain.

As JHRover said a few posts ago, the panic here is because we have a feeling it is Lambert or bust. We don't trust Venky's to have a second choice and a plan. And there's also the prospect of Shaw attempting to use a fax machine and working it out just in time to send a contract to Peter Taylor. The dead one who worked with Clough.

The panic on here is its Venky's and not any normal way of doing things.. If Lambert doesn't come what will they do then cos I'm 99% certain these cretins won't have a back up plan

As for anyone being in the know well it's obvious Noone is where Venky's are concerned.. Nixon is the only one to call it and we all know he's track record

The Raos have been very badly stung up until now.

As things stand at the moment, they have lost a fortune (approx. £130million and rising). IMV, they have been naïve, negligent and indifferent. I am sure they know things have to change if they hope to see any of that money again. The signs over recent weeks are that they are learning from past mistakes and finally seem to have hit upon an advisor who is not trying to rip them off and is telling them some brutal facts of Rovers' life.

As I have said in other postings, I think there will be some big changes at Ewood over the coming weeks (starting soon), not confined to the football side, and the apparent new found ruthlessness may well result in a fair bit of squealing.

The Raos are metaphorically drinking in the last chance saloon but at long, long last, I think they are trying to do something positive to begin the long haul back to where we were five years ago.

Whilst agreeing with 80% of Mercerman,my main grudge is that their decision-making 'process' is just archaic and unsuited for English Football.

Its alright sacking Bowyer and his team on Tuesday ,but if you have not seized your replacement team by the next Monday then they have found yet another way to stuff us.

We need the right structure in place...since Tuesday we have NONE of it in place...and the communication on how this situation is going to be improved is simply denied us.

WE NEED A TAKE-OVER.

In my opinion, I think they've sacked Bowyer because they have another man lined up and have done for several weeks.

I think if they were going to sack him based on results, he'd have gone after the claret game, where we picked up one point in a week. I still believe that if we had beaten Brentford on Saturday he still would have been sacked, even if we'd picked up 7 points from our last 3 games.

To me they've had the new man lined up and I think it's Lambert. The bookies wouldn't have put him as red hot favourite if they didn't know anything, he wouldn't have been my favourite for the job if I had to choose, I thought we may have been 'beneath' him.

I guess that's why I jumped to the conclusion that it would be Moyes, but that's well and truly out window seeing as how Shaw's job looks on the rocks aswell.

I do like the statement of intent sent out by the owners in sacking all the backroom staff aswell, I think we'll all agree something wasn't happening and whoever comes in, I do believe will make us a side that's hard to beat. Not necessarily meaning we will coast into promotion, but make us not drop silly points at home and get thumped at sides like MK Dons away. That's what needs addressing in my opinion and I'm sure Lambert will do that aswell as putting some rockets up backsides.

Apart from FFP which I believe we are not far from lifting, it can look an appealing job. It needs a complete rebuild of the side which a manager can build his reputation from.

It may be controversial but I do wish Bowyer well, he wasn't a money grabbing b@**ard like Kean, he gave it everything he had but we all knew it wasn't enough.

I think for the first time in a long time, the future looks bright if we pick the right man (ie: Lambert) and make us that difficult team to play we once were

Well firstly we could be out of this embargo next month according to Alan Nixon cos our owners reckon they found a way around it.

Secondly, better quality life in London really? Not been a huge fan of the place and traffic is horrible and jams everywhere.

Plus looking at Rovers we have better training facilities and stadium. Plus look at our history of our club compare to QPR or Fulham

does alan Nixon ever get anything right to be honest

Whilst agreeing with 80% of Mercerman,my main grudge is that their decision-making 'process' is just archaic and unsuited for English Football.

Its alright sacking Bowyer and his team on Tuesday ,but if you have not seized your replacement team by the next Monday then they have found yet another way to stuff us.

We need the right structure in place...since Tuesday we have NONE of it in place...and the communication on how this situation is going to be improved is simply denied us.

WE NEED A TAKE-OVER.

Sadly, IMV, the club's infrastructure is not fit for purpose and I think the calibre of management throughout the club is poor; this needs addressing.

The first objective has to be to get the new manager and staff over the line - it's imperative to get the football side of things moving in the right direction quickly. I said yesterday, I think there is a new CEO lurking in the shadows who will soon step out.

As far a takeover, the club is unsellable and the Raos are highly unlikely to either 'give' the club away or commit it to insolvency if they believe there is a decent chance of retrieving the situation. If you've lost £130millonish then you might as well commit to another £20 to £30million providing you believe you now, albeit belatedly, have a handle on the situation and a credible plan in place. As I said, this is last chance salon stuff but if they can pull it off, there's a huge financial prize awaiting them.

Bloody nora ..Messageboard Meltdown ..call the Messageboard doctor!! :lol:

After over 2200 posts begging for GB to be sacked ..people are now worrying because we have!

Sacking Bowyer was always going to be a risk with our owners "previous"..surely most of you knew this ????

But the overall feeling was it was a risk worth taking ..now we ve to sit tight and hope we get someone better than Bowyer but sacking Bowyer is a start ...

travelling through North London as I type, why anyone would want to live here is beyond me, it makes Bank Top look like Monaco.

The only efficient way to get around is by helicopter, give me Blackburn and Darwen any day of the week.

But I digress....

You need to put your phone away Gav, they'll steal it.

As things stand at the moment, they have lost a fortune (approx. £130million and rising). IMV, they have been naïve, negligent and indifferent. I am sure they know things have to change if they hope to see any of that money again. The signs over recent weeks are that they are learning from past mistakes and finally seem to have hit upon an advisor who is not trying to rip them off and is telling them some brutal facts of Rovers' life.

As I have said in other postings, I think there will be some big changes at Ewood over the coming weeks (starting soon), not confined to the football side, and the apparent new found ruthlessness may well result in a fair bit of squealing.

The Raos are metaphorically drinking in the last chance saloon but at long, long last, I think they are trying to do something positive to begin the long haul back to where we were five years ago.

You make it sound like an accidental event. Any idea about who this person is? And you elude to bigger changes, so you presume no dodgy agencies will be involved, and there may be a proper structure put in place.

Bloody nora ..Messageboard Meltdown ..call the Messageboard doctor!! :lol:

After over 2200 posts begging for GB to be sacked ..people are now worrying because we have!

Sacking Bowyer was always going to be a risk with our owners "previous"..surely most of you knew this ????

But the overall feeling was it was a risk worth taking ..now we ve to sit tight and hope we get someone better than Bowyer but sacking Bowyer is a start ...

I personally am going to feel bloody terrified until they have a decent manager standing outside Ewood giving an interview.

I am convinced we have ballsed this up and will be going into the Preston match without a management team. Just based on track record of the Venkys. Nothing else.

• Moderation Lead

I hope to God you're right Mercer.

Just in response to the people slagging off London; for a start, there're plenty of places in London that are great to live in. You just need to use public transport.

But, most importantly, any Fulham manager would more than likely be living in Surrey, nearer to the Fulham training ground in New Malden.

I love Lancashire, I was brought up in the Ribble Valley and I'd like nothing more than to move back there one day. If you've got money, however, Surrey is probably amazing. That's why so many wealthy individuals live there and that's why it's such a draw for the London clubs. Players and staff tend to live in the affluent areas outside of London, not within the city itself.

The decision to remove Bowyer indicates current interest in the club and its activities from the owners, a seeming refusal to accept lasting mediocrity and underperformance, a willingness to spend big again outside of established budgets to remove one managerial team and recruit another, an acknowledgement that targets exist and Bowyer was failing to achieve them and that a longer term goal is still being considered by those in charge.

I'm not too concerned at this stage we don't have a manager installed already. I am genuinely pleasantly suprised and pleased that the owners have proven aware of current results and have decided to act decisively in the interests of the club. They obviously thought that established targets for this year were a pipe dream under Bowyer. Quite right as well.

Let's see what happens. Thankfully, the names currentl;y being mentioned are much more sesnsible than in years gone by.

Not a huge fan of Lambert. Would prefer someone a tad more charismatic and dynamic. Looks like my old geography teacher. Pearson (warts and all) or Moyes as a solid replacement for me if choosing from the names mentioned. King Kenny if I am allowed to dream..

You make it sound like an accidental event. Any idea about who this person is? And you elude to bigger changes, so you presume no dodgy agencies will be involved, and there may be a proper structure put in place.

Any struggling business has to look at its operations.

Can it do things better and can it do them more cost efficiently - in terms of Rovers, I think the answer is Yes and Yes.

When we were relegated, our turnover was £55million and we employed about 265 people.

In the accounts to June 2014, our turnover had fallen by 45% to £30million but incredibly, we employed more people (269 in total) than we did as a PL club.

Any business consultant would tell you, there is something not right.

I really don't see the area as an issue. Especially when the manager in question is from Scotland. If it was so important then why didn't Alex Ferguson go and manage Chelsea?

A manager would be more concerned with budgets, structure, wages, facilities etc. rather than the type of shops in the area or how nice the properties are.

Lets remember Lambert left Norwich and Norfolk to go and manage in beautiful Birmingham.

I'm assuming this has been lined up for weeks. Can hardly be a coincidence that there's a break coming up.

Also, we have not heard a dicky bird from GB, that is very unusual. Usually, in the immediate aftermath of a sacking, the manager says how disappointed he is, points to the great work he's done, wished his successor the best etc etc. From Bowyer-----nothing, not a word anywhere.

A bonus paid to keep quiet surely?

It may be that his outburst at the fans was a reaction to his sacking, not the other way round.

So, if I'm right, surely we can rest easy?

Except that its Venkys.

Given the hell we have been through over the last 5 years, its not surprising that we are jittery and fear the worst.

But surely to God they must know this is the last chance saloon and that they must get it right this time?

Any struggling business has to look at its operations.

Can it do things better and can it do them more cost efficiently - in terms of Rovers, I think the answer is Yes and Yes.

When we were relegated, our turnover was £55million and we employed about 265 people.

In the accounts to June 2014, our turnover had fallen by 45% to £30million but incredibly, we employed more people (269 in total) than we did as a PL club.

Any business consultant would tell you, there is something not right.

Oh I agree with all of this, and so would anyone else with a brain. However this is the Rao's we're talking about, peple who've consistently sacked competent people for raising concerns and hired all manner of crooks and misfits. Getting their act together after some hard truths would seem out of character.

Although I don't feel stressed I understand that some people are panicking - it's only been a day and a half 😅.

Historically, waiting for a Rovers manager under the Venkys is like being excited for Xmas, opening your present and getting a mousetrap clamp on your nads.

Archived