BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

knowing Venkys, just to pish us fans off, they will re hire Steve Kean :red_card:

Would you be that shocked? Though Coco did discover Phil Jones(and probably Messi and Ronaldo) and he is doing a great job in some massive league somewhere, that names escapes me, :lol:

We've really had some disasters as managers seen the circus cake to town haven't we. But it's nearly Christmas and I'll maybe find it in my heart to think about starting to give them a second chance. If they get a decent manager now, that knows what he is doing. i.e. don't promote the club chef.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sooner the better for an appointment. You would hope given the suddenness and scale of yesterday's departure that they have been given pretty encouraging signs from whoever it is they want and that the major issues such as wages/budgets etc. have all been discussed and now it is down to the formalities of putting pen to paper (this all seems to be as though we are operating as a proper club, which with this lot makes me worry that this isn't what has happened)

Rovers have just confirmed that Eric Kinder and John Filan will be taking training 'until further notice', though I imagine that it is just Myers/Shaw clarifying things after yesterday's exodus of staff and that they will be notified themselves as and when a new man is appointed.

Venky's hiring a real manager with decent wages. Not gonna happen.

Why? Everything so far (reports and bookmaker odds) would suggest your sentence is garbage.

They were badly advised and made a terrible mistake giving Kean a contract. Appleton and Berg were both gambles and hired during a power struggle between Shaw/Shebby. Both gambles failed but there were many clubs who would have fancied a punt on Berg and also Appleton as he did a good job at pompey. One thing...they WERE both real mangers.

Bowyer did very well initially and it made sense to promote him considering the good job he did keeping us up and the way the players reacted. The alternatives at the time were Holloway and Curbishley!

Why? Everything so far (reports and bookmaker odds) would suggest your sentence is garbage.

They were badly advised and made a terrible mistake giving Kean a contract. Appleton and Berg were both gambles and hired during a power struggle between Shaw/Shebby. Both gambles failed but there were many clubs who would have fancied a punt on Berg and also Appleton as he did a good job at pompey. One thing...they WERE both real mangers.

Bowyer did very well initially and it made sense to promote him considering the good job he did keeping us up and the way the players reacted. The alternatives at the time were Holloway and Curbishley!

would have taken them over Bowyer at the time

would have taken them over Bowyer at the time

After he brought stability!? Oh come on. Both would have been a major risk. Most were happy to have a settled club at the start of Bowyer's stint. He is guilty of not progressing, learning from mistakes etc but the beginning he deserved a contract. Holloway was awful at palace, millwall and leicester. He was average at qpr and got lucky at Blackpool. Curbishley....well....he has been out of management too long.

When will people begin to realise Shaw won't be meeting anyone? The FA require a managing director / chief exec to run a football club and that person has to have certain qualifications, thats all Shaw is - someone needed by the owners to run a club.

In reality, he'll get an e-mail through saying:

"Please appoint xxx on a xxx year deal with the following clauses on the following pay structure".

Its his job to sign the paperwork and make sure its correct on Venky's terms.

However, BBC Sport understands that, as yet, Paul Lambert has had no contact with Blackburn.

That's not to say it won't happen though - watch this space

I don't believe this.

With employment law, you have to be very careful hence Rovers' positioning: "Rovers' Owners and Board of Directors will begin the search immediately to appoint a new manager". If you think this is correct then Father Christmas may well exist.

I suspect Shaw was looking at options when last season ended with, IMO, Warburton top of the list but for some reason, the Raos held fire and Warbuton wasn't going to wait for ever and miss an opportunity like the Rangers one.

I have said over recent weeks that Bowyer's axing would come when least expected. My feeling is that the new man will be announced by tonight.

Being more realistic i dont think our board will be able to entice any of the 3 main targets being mentioned in the press so far, i can see this dragging out for a couple of weeks and us ending up with a manager from a lower league. I can see kinder taking charge of the preston game, which could be good if he plays a few of his youngsters as long as the short sighted brigade dont get carried away if we win that game and start touting him as a our next manager.

Obviously id love my first opinion to be proved wrong and us to have a good experienced replacement in by the weekend.

Living in Norwich and having many Norwich supporting, season ticket holding friends I can tell you that they were gutted when Lambert left.

They also raved about the brand of football they played under him and the way that he united everyone, creating a feel good atmosphere and buzz around not only the football club, but the city itself. He apparently was no push over on the discipline side too, might be just what we need after the very pally Bowyer?

Living in Norwich and having many Norwich supporting, season ticket holding friends I can tell you that they were gutted when Lambert left.

They also raved about the brand of football they played under him and the way that he united everyone, creating a feel good atmosphere and buzz around not only the football club, but the city itself. He apparently was no push over on the discipline side too, might be just what we need after the very pally Bowyer?

You're not Chris Sutton, are you.. ? :P

Both Moyes and McKinlay were sack by R.Sociedad, I know which one I'd want but I can have a good guess at which one we'd get! Could have Jim Bowen coming on the pitch with Moyes after announcing McKinley and announce; "look at what you could've won". Lambert is a decent shout; he's stuttered at Villa but good work before that and lets not forget Souey had some shockers on his CV after leaving Rangers (and us).

When will people begin to realise Shaw won't be meeting anyone? The FA require a managing director / chief exec to run a football club and that person has to have certain qualifications, thats all Shaw is - someone needed by the owners to run a club.

In reality, he'll get an e-mail through saying:

"Please appoint xxx on a xxx year deal with the following clauses on the following pay structure".

Its his job to sign the paperwork and make sure its correct on Venky's terms.

Of course he meets with people. The person who told me gets very good info on Shaw, not saying Moyes will get it but pretty confident that Shaw was there yesterday.

• Backroom

With Venky's penchant for dalliance and confusion, I'll not hold my breath on a swift decision regarding a managerial appointment....

I think the hope of a swift appointment comes from the quick removal of the backroom staff, something I don't think happened when Kean, Berg or Appleton were potted. But yeah, when it comes to Venky's it's pointless trying to guess what's going to happen next.

This is a fantastic oppertunity for Venkys to appoint a experienced manager ,with the likes of Moyes,Lambertt, Pearson avalible and the chance to build a managerial dynasty. and we can help that rebuilding process by geting behind the new manager,no matter who's appointed (Has long has it's not Kean).I wonder if the mods could get a poll going to gauge peoples prefrence on who they want has manager.

You're not Chris Sutton, are you.. ? :P

I actually once played against Chris Sutton's little brother John, in youth football, he wasn't that good, I bagged a hat trick in that game and we battered his side 6-2 or something. He's made a decent career for himself playing football whilst I ended up in web development...I guess he got the last laugh!

Archived