BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think the owners will take the debt when they leave you're in cuckoo land and whilst you obviously put weight in my opinion, sadly what I think doesn't matter really.

As for the rest of your post, if you'd said not as big of a circus as 3yrs ago I would agree, but for the reasons already stated the club is still very much a circus and to think otherwise is to bury ones head in the sand.

Let's hope appointing Lambert helps the circus leave town for good, that's what we all want.

You said no decent manager would take us on, I always strongly disagreed. So I don't think that it's fair to say my opinion is cuckoo because I feel I am much more able to remove emotion from my judgements.

Anyway, we both wants what's best for the club and are obviously more than content with the choice of Lambert. I want invisible owners who pay bills and buy players, you can't forgive the past and want new ones no matter what. We'll never agree on that topic - which is totally fine by me.

I hope it's a case of onwards and upwards now. I'm sick of splitting hairs over the club and want to focus on results and performances.

I hope you two and others of the same ilk have learned a lesson by the end of today.

This is Blackburn Rovers, not some tin pot outfit that has never won owt,

The biggest challenge the Venky's have had is whittling down the quality applicants for the job.

Frankly your attitude's in this respect devalue the club.

Blackburn Rovers will always attract quality managers if the owners chose to go down that route, which thankfully someone has convinced them to do.

Its a strange take on the current situation, anyone would think we're a club going places, pushing for promotion, breaking pots, we're not, we're in the mire, under embargo, no boardroom structure, absent owners and kn0b as a chairman.

So this holly than thou attitude you're displaying is based on nothing, it can't be based on history, and its certainly not based experience as our current plight is unprecedented.

So wind it back in, even a clocks right twice a day.

You said no decent manager would take us on, I always strongly disagreed. So I don't think that it's fair to say my opinion is cuckoo because I feel I am much more able to remove emotion from my judgements.

Anyway, we both wants what's best for the club and are obviously more than content with the choice of Lambert. I want invisible owners who pay bills and buy players, you can't forgive the past and want new ones no matter what. We'll never agree on that topic - which is totally fine by me.

I hope it's a case of onwards and upwards now. I'm sick of splitting hairs over the club and want to focus on results and performances.

Do you think they'll take £120m debt with them when they leave? that was the question, if so I think thats very naive Pedro.

Then again I was wrong about appointing/attracting a decent manager so maybe I'm wrong about that also, time will tell.

Its a strange take on the current situation, anyone would think we're a club going places, pushing for promotion, breaking pots, we're not, we're in the mire, under embargo, no boardroom structure, absent owners and kn0b as a chairman.

So this holly than thou attitude you're displaying is based on nothing, it can't be based on history, and its certainly not based experience as our current plight is unprecedented.

Do you think they'll take £120m debt with them when they leave? that was the question, if so I think thats very naive Pedro.

Then again I was wrong about appointing/attracting a decent manager so maybe I'm wrong about that also, time will tell.

I honestly don't know Gav. I don't know if they can just saddle us as a club with that debt or if it just means that they have millions of valueless shares. They are ultimately the same entity, they own the club, the shares etc, the players, the fixtures and the fittings....but it is and always will be 'ours'.

Sorry GAV but I will not wind my neck in while I see someone dissing Blackburn Rovers, based on history alone we should at the top table, you keep banging on about the Venky's not taking debt with them, they are not going anywhere and the majority of the debt has been converted into shares, not sure how many times this needs pointing to you.

All I remember for the last three years is that "history tells us we'll appoint Craig Short.

Tin hat time. :)

Oh, and we all used to be good posters

😀

Don't think you ever offered a alternative to Bowyer den, you sat firmly on the fence, it's amazing the faith you had in Venkys after what's taken place, I still have zero faith in them.

Sorry GAV but I will not wind my neck in while I see someone dissing Blackburn Rovers, based on history alone we should at the top table, you keep banging on about the Venky's not taking debt with them, they are not going anywhere and the majority of the debt has been converted into shares, not sure how many times this needs pointing to you.

Dissing Blackburn Rovers? Are you on the pop?

As for shares, I told you it wasn't secured against the club not the other way around and let's be clear on another thing, Venkys could easily turn shares into club debt, surely eve. you know that...

Got tickets for Tom Finney this afternoon on strength of Lambert's appointment. I can tell you of at least eight people who wouldn't have been anywhere near Deepdale next Saturday if Bowyer had still been in charge.

I follow Alan Nixon on twitter. A couple of hours ago he said the announcement would be today. Half an hour ago he was asked again when the announcement will be, and he replied 'as long as he starts work tomorrow, when they announce is less important.'

He's only backtracking about today as him and his colleague Wyett, as I said earlier, were adamant last night that it would be today.

Got tickets for Tom Finney this afternoon on strength of Lambert's appointment. I can tell you of at least eight people who wouldn't have been anywhere near Deepdale next Saturday if Bowyer had still been in charge.

Less than a week since the sacking and Lambert yet to be appointed but there's already a buzz returning amongst the fanbase. It shows how many people had lost faith in Bowyer and given up on any hopes or aspirations with him in charge. Feels like a new lease of life!

Ps. must add. What plonks voted for the likes of McKinley, Mackay, etc?! We must have a few Dingles lurking on here!

That doesn't stop a press release though does it?

Then a press conference tomorrow

Nope, you're right, I should have said "press conference", not "announcement". Poor choice of words!

Broken clock. A broken clock is right twice a day. A normally functioning clock is right pretty much constantly if it's set right (further scientific scrutiny not withstanding).

Hmm the URL there says 'three half year contract', but the article says two and a half. Think it was the Mirror that was saying three and a half too. I wonder which it is.

Or maybe it is literally three half year contracts, totalling 18 months :P

Its called debate Bundesburn, try it, you might just like it :tu:

It's actually called being a pain in the ring, going after people and trying to shut them down by being a tedious, sarcastic, repetitive gobshite. All because you aren't grown-up enough to tolerate other people's points of view.

Archived