BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Backroom

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/paul-lambert-blackburn-rovers-2802333.aspx

Blackburn Rovers are delighted to announce that Paul Lambert has been appointed as the club's new manager.
The former Aston Villa and Norwich City boss will be joined at Ewood Park by ex-Rovers player and youth team coach Alan Irvine as his assistant.
Rovers’ former head of youth coaching Rob Kelly and goalkeeping coach Laurence Batty will also be part of the new-look backroom team.
The new manager will be presented to the media on Monday.
Paul Lambert said: “I would like to thank the Owners and Board of Directors for giving me the opportunity to manage such a fantastic club.
"Blackburn Rovers is a club with superb support and fine traditions, being a founding member of both the Football League and the Premier League.
"After a short period out of the game, I feel refreshed and I am really looking forward to the challenge ahead.
"I bring with me a very trusted backroom team that I believe is equipped to help me create an exciting era for the club and I hope to deliver a brand of football that will both entertain the supporters and bring success.”
Blackburn Rovers' Owners said: "We are extremely happy to have secured a manager with the experience that Paul brings.
"We are confident that he is the right man to achieve the ambitions we have for the club."

Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/paul-lambert-blackburn-rovers-2802333.aspx#OXxmkjh5zCs6v641.99

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant. In a car analogy getting rid of bowyer and appointing lambert/Irvine/Kelly is a bit like getting rid of a "trusty" lada then getting a Porsche when the best you thought you could get was a Ford Focus. Hell I'd have taken Irvine over bowyer as manager and he's merely our assistant now. To be fair I'd put the coach kelly on a par with bowyer.

I've got a lot of time for Bowyer and it is sad he'll never get the credit for handling a massively difficult situation.

That said, Lambert is a proper manager and it's a cracking trade - if that's the right word for it.

Hats off to the Venky's, a well timed and clearly a planned decision. Credit where credit is due.

Bit of excitement back is a good, good thing.

Really pleased with this appointment. Finally a real statement of intent from our erstwhile owners. Moments like this are why I kept my ST throughout the bad times. Let's hope that we can get the fans back on side and get the feelgood factor back at Ewood.

Nice comments from Lambo too.

I'm trying very hard to reign myself in because I know there's no guarantee of success. But I've waited five years for a recognised manager to come in and now finally we have one. And one who has a point to prove. Fascinated to see the ffp situation unfold. But can only think the owners argument was convincing enough to snare lambert and that gives me some degree of hope.

I liked Bowyer and appreciate everything he did for the club. And I think the greatest of those achievements is to have put us in a position where we were capable of attracting the likes of Lambert.

Good day for Rovers. Welcome to the club Mr Lambert.

• Backroom

Honestly feel this is brilliant, we don't know what's going to happen but within a week we have got rid of an underperforming manager and replaced him with our first choice.

An actual decision based on the right reasons and suddenly the outlook looks so different.

Well done to everyone involved!

Brilliant appointments in Lambert and Irvine. Superb. Envious would be the apt adjective to describe me right now.

Surprised that Blackburn were able to attract him, thought with the Venky's and all that ye were in dire straits.

Start of an upward turn for Rovers hopefully.

• Backroom

Brilliant appointments in Lambert and Irvine. Superb. Envious would be the apt adjective to describe me right now.

Surprised that Blackburn were able to attract him, thought with the Venky's and all that ye were in dire straits.

Start of an upward turn for Rovers hopefully.

Nice to hear from you ffan! Keep on here with us :)

Archived