BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Bit of deja vu from yesterday's article but here is today's

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14408439.Paul_Lambert_remains_in_the_dark_over_talks_with_Blackburn_Rovers_owners_Venky_s/

"BLACKBURN Rovers boss Paul Lambert remains in the dark over when he will be granted talks with Venky’s."

Will Mrs D get down from her ivory tower that was built by her father to speak to one of the shudras?

Will Balaji grow a pair and tell big sis to do one?

Will Tache stop being confused?

Will Mr D be allowed to wear the trousers and speak by the the boss?

tune in next week for more from the Bollywood reality tv show taking the world by storm The clusterfks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard tonight from a source in Glasgow that is fairly closely connected to Celtic that Lambert has been sounded out about taking them over in the summer.

It may well be that people have seen his statements in the press and jumped to conclusions (Celtic will definitely pot Ronnie Deila) but this fella has been right before about things associated with that club.

Before anybody says "why would he go to Celtic?", he just would. It's a no-brainer for Lambert at this moment in time.

I wonder if him being sounded out has prompted his comments in the press, to put pressure on Venkys. I imagine that ultimately, he wants to manage in the premier league but obviously Celtic is viewed as a step up from us. If Venkys won't back him, he leaves and goes to Celtic or he gets backed heavily and tries for a promotion push with us.

Either way he doesn't lose.

One thing that jumped out at me was that Lambert implied he is not comfortable dealing with Pasha. If that is the case I read into it that Lambert must have dealt direct with the idiots when he was appointed. If that was the case why on earth can they not do it again.

I know it's a bit of supposition on my part but something about this whole farce just doesn't sit right with me.

if Lambert quits, so be it! we have been here for the last 5 or 6 years dealing with this crap. We move on, we find another stooge to manage us, fire him, and look again. One day, and i mean one day, we either get sold, or we go into administration and we drop down the leagues. Whatever happens, we will have to start over again, irrespective if we have new owners or we if we have to start from league 2. Fact remains, we need to see the back of Venkys as soon as possible

I think Lambert is very savvy and can play the political game when he needs to; he is also very independently minded and has sufficient confidence in his own ability to know that there will be jobs offers should he leave Rovers.

I think what we are seeing now is an extension of the Myers' issue. I think things have been far from tranquil in Ewood's corridors for some time now.

Lambert will manage Celtic one day. He's a legend there so its inevitable that whenever that job crops up his name will be strongly linked.

I actually think that to most ambitious managers it would be preferable to be at a financially strong and ambitious Championship club rather than Celtic. Being successful as a manager at Celtic obviously delivers trophy after trophy, big crowds and European football, but for the really ambitious managers you need to get to the Premier League, probably by taking a Championship club up, rather than spending years in a 2 team country.

If we had our house in order, operated professionally and had a good budget to work with I imagine it would be a difficult decision to walk out to go to Celtic. Going up there basically rules out a Premier League job any time soon. See Neil Lennon - immensely successful over 4 years at Celtic, couldn't get anything better than Bolton in England and failed there.

Then again the way this club is run it would be entirely understandable if he did go to Celtic.

I think Lambert is very savvy and can play the political game when he needs to; he is also very independently minded and has sufficient confidence in his own ability to know that there will be jobs offers should he leave Rovers.

I think what we are seeing now is an extension of the Myers' issue. I think things have been far from tranquil in Ewood's corridors for some time now.

I don't disagree with you there Mercerman, but it isn't that long since we were all hailing this Pasha bloke as the best thing to happen to Rovers since the V's rocked up 6 years ago. Now it appears he has become one of the problems.....

OK, these are only rumours. But this is my take on what people seem to be saying at the moment.

'The Irresistable Force meets the Immovable Object'

Paul Lambert is ambitious. He takes the Rovers job on with the assurance that he will get a lot of money. But things happen. Results aren't great and he makes a noise in the media. He is critical of Venky's publicly. We can only guess what he says privately.

Celtic let it be known over several weeks that their manager will leave at the season's end. Rangers get promoted. Meanwhile, results at BRFC continue to underwhelm.

Venky's start to get cold feet. They've been burned once or twice already. Knowing little about the game apart from results and league tables they become cautious about committing large amounts of money especially when club losses are taken into account. Lambert's reputation as player and manager in the fans collective football memory is meaningless in this case. That collective memory by the way is not shared either by those who own the club - big mistake as the football story and Rovers part in it is important to the supporters.

Lambert, with his ambition and his Celtic connections, is open to a move north of the border. But is hedging his bets as well. He outs Venky's in the media as diffident to say the least, workshy and uninterested quite possibly.

The Venky's, arch non-communicators after their previous Champions League and serial other media disasters, keep their cards close to their chest. That makes sense. They might be aware of Lambert's potential to jump ship or to agitate for a move. Sack me or back me. He is unlikely to resign and end up in managerial no-man's land. But they would be unlikely to entrust an individual who might leave soon after the money is spent.

The Venky's as the eternal pantomime villains in the eyes of the fans are in a compromised position. How to win the fans back and win money back? Get promotion with a reputable manager. Erm, but we've got one...

I have no idea whether the above is true or not. I chat to fellow fans but I often end up more bemused. It could well be bunkum. It's just how I see it.

The problem might easily be put to bed by a simple joint press conference between Paul Lambert and a reputable and authoritative representative of the club. 'We are all committed to this enterprise.' The fact that hasn't happened fuels the rumours and, some might argue, makes them more likely to be true.

BRFC: Silence isn't golden.

They may think that by being silent and enigmatic they come across as playing a cool hand of poker and of being in control.

In reality, Venkys simply project detachment, indecision and hesitancy which leaves vast scope to doubt their motives and decision making process.

Is this common in Indian Business Culture?

I hope they realise its made them a world wide laughing stock.

What should I have done, kept it to myself?

Edit - looking at the number of direct messages on my WORK Twitter account I wish I had done now.............

No. I'm fine with you posting it. As I said, "not a criticism."

It all adds to the uncertainty and doom, but I wonder if the owners were to hear of Celtic 's

Interest, might it make them wise up and back PL?

On the other hand, Who am I kidding? They'll have no idea who Celtic are.

I don't disagree with you there Mercerman, but it isn't that long since we were all hailing this Pasha bloke as the best thing to happen to Rovers since the V's rocked up 6 years ago. Now it appears he has become one of the problems.....

He's just the eyes and ears of the owners though reporting back to them. I doubt it's ever been a two way thing and he's never going to question them.

Madame ; 'Right Pash tell us what you know'

Pash: 'Well er,...madame things are not going too well at the min and Mr Lambert has asked me to ask you....'

Madame: 'I'll have to stop you right there, we'll get back to you soon........'

Silence as the phone goes down for another month.

In his quotes in the Telegraph yesterday, which have been simply regurgitated in an almost identical story today, Lambert is still giving the impression that he's still at the stage where he is 'in the dark' and waiting to hear back on whether they are going to back his plans or even if they are going to arrange a meeting with him. I don't know how they can go from a stage before Easter where he was adamant/confident he would be meeting them and getting answers to now not even knowing if they will meet him.

Meanwhile Nixon, who some believe is well in with the Lambert camp, is claiming that a decision has already been made that there will be no money available, that Venkys have grown fed up with the whole thing, that Lambert knows this and is currently mulling over his position whilst pretending he doesn't know.

Lambert cannot have had face to face talks with them yet, so if Nixon's info is correct then either Lambert has been told by Venkys indirectly, and he's misleading everyone whilst contemplating his future, or Venkys have made the decision but haven't informed Lambert yet, and Nixon has somehow obtained that information from India before they have bothered to tell Lambert.

Alternatively Nixon is incorrect and a decision has not yet been made. On Sunday Nixon was claiming that Nicola Cortese had been approached about coming into the club, which certainly doesn't tally up with Venkys stopping putting money in and being fed up.

Nixon is a pillock who revels in this sort of thing by playing pied piper. He will though have some bits of info that are on the ball but his reporting is as cack handed as Venkys way of doing things.

If they've suddenly grown fed up of the whole thing after getting PL & Co in then it just points to them doing it as a last throw of the dice this season whilst there was some cash coming in to fund it. It hasn't cost them a dime. I suspected this right from when he came because it absolutely all of a sudden went right against the grain of everything they've ever done. We grew sick and tired of them a few months after they arrived so it's nice we all finally have something in common.

It's another smokescreen con job and their grip on the clubs throat gets tighter and tighter.

In his quotes in the Telegraph yesterday, which have been simply regurgitated in an almost identical story today, Lambert is still giving the impression that he's still at the stage where he is 'in the dark' and waiting to hear back on whether they are going to back his plans or even if they are going to arrange a meeting with him. I don't know how they can go from a stage before Easter where he was adamant/confident he would be meeting them and getting answers to now not even knowing if they will meet him.

Meanwhile Nixon, who some believe is well in with the Lambert camp, is claiming that a decision has already been made that there will be no money available, that Venkys have grown fed up with the whole thing, that Lambert knows this and is currently mulling over his position whilst pretending he doesn't know.

Lambert cannot have had face to face talks with them yet, so if Nixon's info is correct then either Lambert has been told by Venkys indirectly, and he's misleading everyone whilst contemplating his future, or Venkys have made the decision but haven't informed Lambert yet, and Nixon has somehow obtained that information from India before they have bothered to tell Lambert.

Alternatively Nixon is incorrect and a decision has not yet been made. On Sunday Nixon was claiming that Nicola Cortese had been approached about coming into the club, which certainly doesn't tally up with Venkys stopping putting money in and being fed up.

Nixon knows nothing. He is a complete charlatan.

• Backroom

IF Nixon is right (big IF) then we could be staring a 'Blackpool' down the barrel what with about 11 outfield players under contract for next season.

Should Lambert walk I'm fairly sure we will be the next Blackpool/Bolton. At best we'll become another Rotherham, desperately clinging to survival season upon season.

And to think, it was only last season that we were disappointed in being so far behind the playoff spots. Now it's already at the point where we're basically grateful for each year we stay in this division.

They may think that by being silent and enigmatic they come across as playing a cool hand of poker and of being in control.

In reality, Venkys simply project detachment, indecision and hesitancy which leaves vast scope to doubt their motives and decision making process.

Is this common in Indian Business Culture?

I hope they realise its made them a world wide laughing stock.

As I've said before I work with mainly people from India and the way it works really is top down. For example I cannot talk directly to an engineer without approval from the manager. Experience and rank mean a great deal over there, like it was here I guess years ago.

Lambert cannot pull the shots they will not listen he is a minion to them.

As I've said before I work with mainly people from India and the way it works really is top down. For example I cannot talk directly to an engineer without approval from the manager. Experience and rank mean a great deal over there, like it was here I guess years ago.

Lambert cannot pull the shots they will not listen he is a minion to them.

And that then, is why Venkys will never be successful in running a football club.

Archived