BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not shocked to hear the mainstream media lament our sacking of Bowyer (even as we announce our much improved replacement). The same lines were trotted out with Kean, so no shock to hear them now. I would doubt any of them have seen any more than highlights this season, or their knowledge extends beyond the embargo. Make no mistake, they'll be drooling over Lambert if/when he delivers promotion.

Regardless, welcome to the club Paul. I remember the feeling when Big Sam arrived after the Paul Ince debacle, and getting a feeling of reassurance at how professional he seemed in comparison. It was like a breath of fresh air. Hopefully something similar will filter through the club from tomorrow. Let the good times return.

I sincerely hope that we hit the ground running with the new team and amass as many points as possible to give us a platform for the future. I believe that Lambert and his team can get a lot more out of this group of players through good coaching, playing players in their best positions and setting the team up to maximize the ability within the group.

Hopefully the missing fans will come back and the club will begin the upward curve we all crave.

One things for sure, its a great appointment and a massive boost to BRFC and its long suffering fans.

BRFC is a club that rightfully CAN still attract a manager with pedigree despite what others may think. We are a club steeped in history with fantastic facilities, we have just fallen by the wayside and remained stale.

Hopefully now, we can move forwards and upwards. One things for certain, it couldn't have gotten any worse.

GB and his team did ok, steadied the ship but couldn't move it any forward. He couldn't bring out the best in what is on offer.

Lambert is the type of manager who can. He has been there and done it. I like the Irvine appointment.

with the contacts they both have in the game it couldn't be any better leading up to the nob end derby

Fantastic appointment. Never thought we could get someone with his experience in our predicament. Never been happier to be wrong. As said on the other thread it must mean the embargo is lifting and serious investment is incoming, other why would he take the job? So two reasons to celebrate really, a great new manager and an investment plan.

First thing Venkys have got completely right.

Happy with the news.

The club has been crying out for a change for some time and to get someone with the experience Lambert has is a major coup. Whatever happens I can't fault Venky's for the way they have swiftly cleared the decks and managed to bring in their no.1 target.

It's not going to be an easy job especially in terms of changing the culture and the mentality of the club in what is a fairly competitive league. Every managerial hire is a gamble, but I am confident that Lambert will give us a chance to try and turn the last few years around.

Brilliant appointments in Lambert and Irvine. Superb. Envious would be the apt adjective to describe me right now.

Surprised that Blackburn were able to attract him, thought with the Venky's and all that ye were in dire straits.

Start of an upward turn for Rovers hopefully.

Always been a class act you pal.

Archived