SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrific stuff.

Feels like all Rovers fans can start to dream again of the PL.

As far as I can see, Kelly's role not specified - is he going to oversee the Academy !?!?

Just stuck £100 on Rovers to be promoted this season at 40/1.

Well whatever happens in the future I can't knock this appointment. We've possibly got the best management/coaching team we really could have expected. For the first time in a long, long time a sign of some logical decision making.

Perfect summary that :)

I'm delighted. Proven manager and more importantly a proven team of coaches, with real connections to the club.

I don't expect anything extraordinary for this season, but next should be exciting.

Finally, common sense has prevailed and we have appointed an actual manager that the fans can rally behind. It's only taken them five years and a small nation's GDP to figure it out. Every managerial appointment is a gamble but Lambert has done the business at this level and ticks all the right boxes. Hopefully this decision will prove to be the cornerstone on which we get our Rovers back.

It finally seems like the penny's dropping with the owners, Hallelujah!

Lambert and his team are better than I certainly thought we'd be able to attract and after a miserable time at Villa he's got a point to prove.

Welcome Paul.

I was just mulling over some seminal moments in my Rovers supporting life when an appointment or new signing has generated so much excitement and in reality I can only think of two. Signing Steve Archibald was one and appointing Kenny Dalglish was the other. I distinctly recall crowds increasing greatly overnight and fever pitch excitement amongst the fans. I just feel that this appointment could do the same.

Fantastic news and worth the wait............and altogether now:

So long sad times
Go long bad times
Rovers are rid of you at last
Howdy gay times
Cloudy gray times
You are now a thing of the past

Happy days are here again
Ewood skies are clear again
So, let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy times
Happy nights
Happy days
Are here again!

Maybe a bit OTT but who gives one :rover:

Well chuffed that we've appointed a proper manager at last. I've said for a long time though that I don't think any manager can be a success at Ewood without a proper structure being put in place, hope I'm wrong but this might be another false dawn unless the likes of Shaw are kicked out asap and some proper management brought in. Hate to rain on a parade.

Must admit though I am very surprised that the Vs could attract a manager like Lambert so hope that there are moves afoot which can sort this mess out.

Absolutely delighted with this appointment, two strong men at the helm now. Whatever goes right or wrong on the pitch is now down to what happens on the pitch no second guessing ulterior motives now.

Onwards and upwards. No I haven't forgotten the last 5 years but a tiny little faith has come back.

Punched the air out of the car window when hearing this on talksport. Absolutely over the moon and feeling excited about Rovers again for the first time in 5 years. Already have my Preston ticket and I can't bloody wait.

Paul Lambert's Blue and White Army!

Well chuffed that we've appointed a proper manager at last. I've said for a long time though that I don't think any manager can be a success at Ewood without a proper structure being put in place, hope I'm wrong but this might be another false dawn unless the likes of Shaw are kicked out asap and some proper management brought in. Hate to rain on a parade.

Must admit though I am very surprised that the Vs could attract a manager like Lambert so hope that there are moves afoot which can sort this mess out.

It's the club that is the attraction

I think Gary Rowett has proven that despite what is going on internally at a football club, what really matters is how your team performs on the pitch. Allow yourself to be excited just this once, every Rovers fan owe's it to themselves.

Impressive that both the manager and his assistant were managing at Premier League level last season at Villa and West Brom.

Also impressive that the manager (Norwich), assistant manager (Preston & Sheff W) and first team coach (Leicester) have all managed at this level in their own right in recent history.

From little/no experience throughout to bucketloads.

Terrific stuff.

Feels like all Rovers fans can start to dream again of the PL.

As far as I can see, Kelly's role not specified - is he going to oversee the Academy !?!?

Just stuck £100 on Rovers to be promoted this season at 40/1.

I believe from Alan Nixon comments that Rob Kelly will be 1st team coach.

I'm sure Lambert will look at the under21's/Academy side of the club at some point

I've said for a long time though that I don't think any manager can be a success at Ewood without a proper structure being put in place, hope I'm wrong but this might be another false dawn unless the likes of Shaw are kicked out asap and some proper management brought in.

It's been suggested that Shaw had no say in this appointment. It makes you wonder what he actually does. Perhaps if they got shut of him and appointed somebody who the fans would appreciate, things will start to look even rosier.

I'm absolutely over the moon with getting Lambert. I feel he's got a real job on his hands, though. A win at Preston would be nice.

I believe from Alan Nixon comments that Rob Kelly will be 1st team coach.

I'm sure Lambert will look at the under21's/Academy side of the club at some point

I would imagine that one of Lamberts first jobs is to establish or revamp a new scouting department. I would have thought that Boywer Senior will have left with his son and Lambert will want to use his own contacts of which there must be many.

Archived