BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Backroom

That's my impression too DE. But I will happily admit I was desperate for him to succeed for both the club and for him personally. Wasn't to be.

Onwards and with any luck upwards. Except I now feel we can rely a little less on luck.

Aye, I would have liked him to succeed as well. Unfortunately he was put into a position where he needed to learn very quickly, and he either couldn't or wouldn't take himself beyond his reserve/youth team experiences. It'll be interesting to see if he gets a position elsewhere, and if he can take his experiences here and adapt his managerial style to nullify his failings.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely fantastic appointments now we'll see some action. I have to say though it's always been a mystery why Venky's made all the ridiculous decisions after taking over and then continued making weird decisions for nearly 5years. Now it's a mystery why they've made such a seismic shift in the opposite direction with these appointments. We will never know but obviously someone somewhere in their organisation has finally been able to make them see sense and with this step they are now heading in the right direction. Never will I like many others ever forget what they did to Rovers but at least now they seem to be trying to put things right, although if part of me hopes they don't have an ulterior motive that's there fault for destroying my trust in the first place.

Welcome Paul Lambert and your team please bring some smiles back to Ewood

Jack Walker said he was desperate for Brian Kidd to succeed, but he knew why and when to pull the trigger.

Good turn around by the Venkies but it took to long IMV

That post is shrouded in mystery

:D

You see yoda, dear old uncle Jack and I shared a couple of virtues. Humility and love for the same football club.

Sadly I'm a tad behind in the wealth stakes. But luckily I don't have a family willing to destroy my legacy.

That said, it's hard to destroy the legacy of a man who's only achievement is a high score on the pac-man arcade machine in our local club.

Off-topic a bit but not one word from parson since bowyer sacking/Lambert appointment?? Is parson really Gary bowyer??

Clearly Venky's and their advisers didn't share his belief that we should be mired in the relegation zone before Bowyer deserved potting.

Bizarre.

Lambert is very like Kenny Dalglish in the way he conducts himself. We can only dream that he will have even half the impact on the club and team that KMD did.

Welcome to the club Paul.

Alan Irvine has lots of connections to the town where I live in Scotland. His dad told me years ago that Rovers were (in Irvine's own words) the best club he had ever worked for as a player or coach. He'll be as delighted to be back as we are to have him back.

Happy days.

Finally, someone who I feel I can fully get behind. The first damn thing they've gotten right in five long bloody years. Unreal.

Don't know whether to jump for joy, collapse with relief or cry for five very long wasted years.

Let's hope we can now all feel better about our club.

Still hate Venky's though. @#/?.

Can I ask a question which I am sure I am going to get battered for?

Why all this hatred for Shaw and Myers?

Shaw on occasion does not come across well on camera or in interviews but he's been there for a couple of years now and people are judging on the odd 2 mins on TV and not hundreds of hours of work behind the scenes.

Myers doesn't have to be communicating 24/7 to be doing his job properly. Again saying nothing might be considered a wise thing after the circus we had with Shebby. Perhaps taking us out of the constant limelight might be a good thing?

I may be completely off the mark but all these comments of hatred from people who have no knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors are a little personal and without basis I think.

I sit in my office each day far removed from Ewood, I don' t feel I have the arrogance to judge what goes on elsewhere. Look whats happened under these two, Shebby's gone, we are not the crazy circus we once was and GB stablised us. Oh, and now Lambert...

Bring on the abuse...

Off-topic a bit but not one word from parson since bowyer sacking/Lambert appointment?? Is parson really Gary bowyer??

I have been a Rovers fan for a long time, but I know Parson has put in more of the hard yards than me.I certainly wouldn't want Parson to be another casualty of the last 5 years.I think he said he was retiring from the message board, which IMO is a real shame...

Not read a thread this pleasant on here for yonks, long may it continue.

Great appointment this, better than we could have hoped for, and I don't just mean Lambert but his whole team. It's a long long way back to where we were, but as first steps go this couldn't have been much better.

Archived