Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Current Songs

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always liked "we all follow the rovers, over land and sea.....AND PRESTON"

One that bugs me now is the incorrect singing of:

"Hello, hello, we are the Blackburn boys,

(The second line should not just repeat the first, it is....)

Hello, hello, we're making all the noise..."

I always thought it was

"Hello, hello, we are the Blackburn boys

Hello, hello, can tell us by our noise"?

Could be wrong mind you.

I have a new one ish (sang to Noel Brotherston) to the Xmas song 'Noel'

Marshall, Marshall, Marshall, Marshall...

He is the king of our right wing

Conway, Conway, Conway, Conway...

He is the King of our left wing

I know they switch wings...

I always thought it was

"Hello, hello, we are the Blackburn boys

Hello, hello, can tell us by our noise"?

Could be wrong mind you.

I have a new one ish (sang to Noel Brotherston) to the Xmas song 'Noel'

Marshall, Marshall, Marshall, Marshall...

He is the king of our right wing

Conway, Conway, Conway, Conway...

He is the King of our left wing

I know they switch wings...

Love it mate. Miss Noel's song. Always sing it to myself when I'm out and hear it played in stores at christmas times.

I always wondered why nobody ever sang 'A day in the life' at Ewood over the years.

I'm sure we could pull a line or 2 and incorporate the Blackburn part.

Stoke have Delilah, why don't we have 'A day in the life'?

I read the news today, oh boy, About a lucky man who made the grade

I read the news today oh boy, Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the holes were rather small, They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.

I always wondered why nobody ever sang 'A day in the life' at Ewood over the years.

I'm sure we could pull a line or 2 and incorporate the Blackburn part.

I read the news today oh boy, Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire

And though the holes were rather small, They had to count them all

Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.

I read the news today oh boy, Four thousand goals in Blackburn, Lancashire

And though the goals were rather small, They had to count them all

Now they know how many goals it takes to win the league.

Always liked ' we are Rovers, Super Rovers from the North'. Always reminds me of Bramall Lane where it was sung for ages.

Yes, always one of my favourites.

What annoys me almost as much as the breakneck speed in which the songs are currently sung, is the lack of imagination. If it's not anti-Burnley, no-one seems interested.

Down the years, songs used to be clever. Lyrics changed to popular songs to suit our agenda. These days, if the moronic pi$$ed up bunch can't learn it in 5 secs, then it doesn't get sung. A while back Stuart came up with a cracker for Craig Conway after I'd suggested we should use Galway Girl as a base. What do we have instead? "Ole, Ole Ole, Ole, Conway, Conway.....hic"

Gestede was crying out for something to the Specials 'A message to you Rudy' - instead we got the imaginative "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy..."

I loved the one someone suggested last week for PL to the tune of Lambeth Walk, tried to get it going at Dumpdale and got looked at like I was singing it in Chinese!

Can we please try to be more imaginative in the ground - there's some pearlers suggested on here at times which never see the light of day. For Christ's sake even Manure manage to show some imagination.

So come, take your time with the existing ones, and lay off the green & try and think up some new ones (I direct this at the afore mentioned contingency).

I tried to tell my daughter what the words were to 'Forever & ever'. When I got to the 'we'll never be mastered, by no Burnley barsteward' bit the first thing she said was "that doesn't fit" - it does if you play it on 33, not 78!

Jordan Rhodes

take me home

To the place we belong

Blackburn Rovers

Champions of England

Take me home

Jordan Rhodes

To the tune of Annies Song and unashamedly nicked from the red rats but this is better.

Surely it's "Take Me Home Country Rhodes" by John Denver?

Anyone going down to Bristol on Saturday should be able to enjoy "Drink up thee cider" from the home fans. And on the other side of the city I always enjoyed a rendition of "Goodnight Irene" from the gasheads.

What about the Santa Cruz song? We need a player to make it fit, but was a classic, especially over the Christmas period.

You better watch out, you better beware

He's good on the ground he's good in the air

Jordan Rhodes is coming to town!

Yes, always one of my favourites.

What annoys me almost as much as the breakneck speed in which the songs are currently sung, is the lack of imagination. If it's not anti-Burnley, no-one seems interested.

Down the years, songs used to be clever. Lyrics changed to popular songs to suit our agenda. These days, if the moronic pi$$ed up bunch can't learn it in 5 secs, then it doesn't get sung. A while back Stuart came up with a cracker for Craig Conway after I'd suggested we should use Galway Girl as a base. What do we have instead? "Ole, Ole Ole, Ole, Conway, Conway.....hic"

Gestede was crying out for something to the Specials 'A message to you Rudy' - instead we got the imaginative "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy..."

I loved the one someone suggested last week for PL to the tune of Lambeth Walk, tried to get it going at Dumpdale and got looked at like I was singing it in Chinese!

Can we please try to be more imaginative in the ground - there's some pearlers suggested on here at times which never see the light of day. For Christ's sake even Manure manage to show some imagination.

So come, take your time with the existing ones, and lay off the green & try and think up some new ones (I direct this at the afore mentioned contingency).

I tried to tell my daughter what the words were to 'Forever & ever'. When I got to the 'we'll never be mastered, by no Burnley barsteward' bit the first thing she said was "that doesn't fit" - it does if you play it on 33, not 78!

Man U had a guy who used to hand song sheets out in the pubs around the ground and they used to catch on from there,away games tend to be where ours start and some then find their way back home.

It helps if you have players you care about and who are worthy of the effort of creating a song for them to be remembered by same goes for managers,of course songs about the Rovers could always be created but you have to get the'hook' line that all songs need to become popular and it helps if the lyrics are well known and easily recognised.

As mentioned on another thread about the drummers, for my money these morons killed any hope of getting a creative song going because it didn't feature their out of step banging, and as someone who had the misfortune to have to sit next to 3 of them when they first started I can't tell you how many arguments I had with them and the club.

I suppose it also helps if you have a large knowledge of music to draw inspiration from, as someone in their 50's I probably know more songs than those in their late teens, although I would struggle to name anything current!!

Anyway I believe Jordan Rhodes is worthy of his own song not some recycled shyte from other clubs, so here's my effort by AC/DC Whole lotta Rhodsie

Wanna tell ya a story

Bout a player I know

When it comes to scorin

He steals the show

He aint exactly quick

He aint exactly slow

82 goals in 140 games

You could say he's got it all

Whole Lotta Rhodsie

Whole Lotta Rhodsie

Whilst I'm being creative and the positivity around Lambert is still fresh, how about Muse uprising

They will not control us

They will stop degrading us

Will will be victorius

Cause we are Blackburn Rovers

Cue Blackburn end jumping up and down!!!

I'll get me coat! :tu:

To my mind the main reason for singing a song is to create a good atmosphere. Chants with lots of lyrics in are hard to get going around the ground.

The only one which can get everyone singing is Allez Allez Oh and (unfortunately) barmy army, for the simple reason that it's simple. When we go away in numbers, we're crying out for a few simple ones for the whole end to sing.

To that end I would prefer to hear a more are:

1) Come on you blues.

2) Come on Rovers, Come on Rovers (like City, Chelsea sing)

3) Come on Rovers, Come on Rovers, Come on Rovers, Come on....

Come on Rovers, Come on Rovers, Come on Rovers, Come on. (Used to sing in the 80s)

4) Rovers, Rovers, Rovers, Rovers, Rovers, Rovers (like Boro and Leicester)

5) Blue and Whites, Blue and Whites (like 'We are Leeds')

6) We are the Rovers (We hate Burnley)

I just think that half a dozen singing an innovative song is great but for atmosphere it needs to be simple.

• 3 months later...
  • Backroom

Bloke on fb came up with this for Duffy. Think it's pretty good!

Duffy, wherever you may be,

You have a head like a 50p!

You score more goals with your left and right,

But we dont care cos you're blue and white!

Current Songs? Raisins to be Cheerful - Ian Dury. Boom Tish

I as always a big fan of 'you are my sunshine'. A lot of the good songs from the 70's and 80's seemed to disappear when we hit the Prem years. Don't know why?

They all disappeared with the terracing.

I really like the chant that Sunderland and a few others do - Wise Men Say. I mentioned this to my Dad and he said that we used to sing it back in the 80's. Would love us to bring it back.

Wise Men Say,

Only fools rush in,

and I can't help falling in love with you!

Rovers, Rovers, Rovers.

It's pretty basic so not exactly going to challenge our fans!

Archived