BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Current Songs

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/12/2015 at 18:41, 1arC said:

What about the Santa Cruz song? We need a player to make it fit, but was a classic, especially over the Christmas period.

You better watch out, you better beware

He's good on the ground he's good in the air

Jordan Rhodes is coming to town!

Replace JR with 'Saaam-uel' and hey presto you have it methinks?

7 hours ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

The singing from the away support at Rochdale was absolutely first-class. It all came over loud and clear on the ifollow stream. Did the heart good.

The Richie Smallwood tune is a cracker, I was humming it all day on Sunday.

Nice simple, supportive chants also trotted out for Dack, Conway, Graham, and Caddis too.

My absolute favorite was for Harry Chapman. To the tune of David Bowie's 'Starman':

"There's a Star man playing on the right, his name is Harry Chapman and he's f***ing dynamite..."

It only got one airing. I was really hoping for a reprise following his bit of magic to leave their left back in the dust, but no luck.

Great effort from all involved!

http://www.nme.com/news/welsh-football-fans-singing-new-starman-inspired-chant-honour-new-star-ben-woodburn-2134942

There's a video of Wales fans singing Starman about Ben Woodburn in the link^.

Feeney got the assist for Cardiff's goal and the weekend so they're probably singing it about him too;)

• Backroom

My missus thought of a decent one for Smallwood, though I'm not sure 'Jolene' would catch on at Ewood:

Richie, Rich-ie! Richie, Richie-ee! He gets the ball and goes through the man!

Richie, Rich-ie! Richie, Richie-ee! He takes them all out just because he can!

35 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

What's wrong with Wings of an eagle?

Who took my post off..? Or did I dream I posted it..?

Eagle?

Funny, I may be wrong but I always credited Rovers fans with a kind of poetic contrast/juxtaposition i.e. 

"...wings of an angel

....dirty black a*** of a crow"

Maybe, I was singing the wrong words for years.

One my kids used to chant "We'll soon set sail for the east" instead of "Souness' Blue and White Army!"

• Moderation Lead
19 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

What's wrong with Wings of an eagle?

Who took my post off..? Or did I dream I posted it..?

Nobody took anyone's posts off, just to clarify. I think you posted it in a different thread 'world cup of current songs'.

It seemed to me like the request for a video of the poster singing the song was an in joke, indicated by the winking smiley face!

32 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Nobody took anyone's posts off, just to clarify. I think you posted it in a different thread 'world cup of current songs'.

It seemed to me like the request for a video of the poster singing the song was an in joke, indicated by the winking smiley face!

Missed that one mate. 

35 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Yes you're right. My response was kind of tongue in cheek but I failed to emotify it....

On 2015-11-29 at 10:41, laughatthedingles said:

Always liked "we all follow the rovers, over land and sea.....AND PRESTON"

One that bugs me now is the incorrect singing of:

"Hello, hello, we are the Blackburn boys,

(The second line should not just repeat the first, it is....)

Hello, hello, we're making all the noise..."

It's actually 'Follow, Follow, we are the Blackburn boys' as Rangers and Man U fans sing it anyway.

On 2017-9-12 at 17:15, Leonard Venkhater said:

Eagle?

Funny, I may be wrong but I always credited Rovers fans with a kind of poetic contrast/juxtaposition i.e. 

"...wings of an angel

....dirty black a*** of a crow"

Maybe, I was singing the wrong words for years.

One my kids used to chant "We'll soon set sail for the east" instead of "Souness' Blue and White Army!"

I'm with you on angel Len

2 hours ago, LDRover said:

It's actually 'Follow, Follow, we are the Blackburn boys' as Rangers and Man U fans sing it anyway.

It's actually "hello, hello" as sung by Rangers fans. "Follow, follow" is also sung by Rangers fans but it's a completely different song.

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

People keep saying 'the new Richie Smallwood song', could someone actually type what it is?

I try to follow but it's awkward picking it up as I wear hearing aids.

Oh-ay-oh!

We've got Richie Smallwood

Oh-ay-oh!

He's the king of Ewood

Oh-ay-oh!

He never gives the ball away

1 2 3 4!

• Backroom
On 12/09/2017 at 15:44, Mike E said:

My missus thought of a decent one for Smallwood, though I'm not sure 'Jolene' would catch on at Ewood:

Richie, Rich-ie! Richie, Richie-ee! He gets the ball and goes through the man!

Richie, Rich-ie! Richie, Richie-ee! He takes them all out just because he can!

Apparently this was based on a chant for Ben Mee. I've organised a lobotomy for my gf.

Archived