BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Current Songs

On 3/21/2016 at 08:00, roversmillsy said:

I really like the chant that Sunderland and a few others do - Wise Men Say. I mentioned this to my Dad and he said that we used to sing it back in the 80's. Would love us to bring it back.

Wise Men Say,

Only fools rush in,

and I can't help falling in love with you!

Rovers, Rovers, Rovers.

It's pretty basic so not exactly going to challenge our fans!

Was one of my favourites in the 70's.

Used to love the the extended We are the Rovers, we are the champions.  Then after sometime switches to we are the Rovers, Oooh.  Guess you had to be there.  

In Blackburn s fair city where the girls  are so pretty (replaced by a word that rymes)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/06/2017 at 06:07, AmericanRover12 said:

this was the most recent songs thread i could find, so figured id revive.

heard the old sea song "roll the old chariot along" and just know someone more clever than myself can get a decent chorus about Rovers from it. looked online and seems no other club uses it.

Had a quick listen to see if it was the same tune  to which my dad used to tell me we sung "Roll along Blackburn Rovers roll along, put the ball in the new where it belongs"

That must have been late 50's?

11 hours ago, Hasta said:

Had a quick listen to see if it was the same tune  to which my dad used to tell me we sung "Roll along Blackburn Rovers roll along, put the ball in the new where it belongs"

That must have been late 50's?

Can't say I've heard of it but the easy chorus and the small verse seems perfect for most to pick up. 

Ewood hasn't sung properly, and made very little noise all round, for about 4 years.

In fact the only real noise comes after a goal or substitution, and from the away fans.

Now that we have so few fans, the BBE / DE divide has split the singers. Unless something changes I guess any songs will be confined to away games.

4 hours ago, john.leigh said:

How about some songs that are actually supporting the team instead of the songs that slag off the opposition/burnley/the manager/Venkys?

This has been missing for some time.

A poor team, the splitting of the singers in opposite ends of the ground, and a general feeling of bitterness mean that we only cheers when we score and only sing about how much we hate Bumley.

It was noticeable the last time they came to Ewood that they simply sang about their own team, by and large, and had little interest in us.

That's where we need to get to.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15463979.Simon_Smith__Only_after_10_games_will_we_know_if_Rovers_are_a_force_to_be_reckoned_with/?ref=mac

Do we have a Smallwood song to the tune of 'September' by EW&F , as referenced in the above article? Looking forward to hearing that if so.

There is mate and it goes like this:

Oh ay oh, we've got Richie Smallwood

Oh ay oh, he's the king of Ewood

Oh ay oh, he never gives the ball away

• 1 month later...

The singing from the away support at Rochdale was absolutely first-class. It all came over loud and clear on the ifollow stream. Did the heart good.

The Richie Smallwood tune is a cracker, I was humming it all day on Sunday.

Nice simple, supportive chants also trotted out for Dack, Conway, Graham, and Caddis too.

My absolute favorite was for Harry Chapman. To the tune of David Bowie's 'Starman':

"There's a Star man playing on the right, his name is Harry Chapman and he's f***ing dynamite..."

It only got one airing. I was really hoping for a reprise following his bit of magic to leave their left back in the dust, but no luck.

Great effort from all involved!

1 hour ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

The singing from the away support at Rochdale was absolutely first-class. It all came over loud and clear on the ifollow stream. Did the heart good.

The Richie Smallwood tune is a cracker, I was humming it all day on Sunday.

Nice simple, supportive chants also trotted out for Dack, Conway, Graham, and Caddis too.

My absolute favorite was for Harry Chapman. To the tune of David Bowie's 'Starman':

"There's a Star man playing on the right, his name is Harry Chapman and he's f***ing dynamite..."

It only got one airing. I was really hoping for a reprise following his bit of magic to leave their left back in the dust, but no luck.

Great effort from all involved!

Sounds brilliant

Archived