BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Damien Duff Hangs Up His Boots

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I was hoping for your informed opinion. I saw Fred play live but nowhere near as much as you must have, living as I did quite a distance from Blackburn and just a kid with no brass. In my mind I had gone for Big Al.

Good you gave a mention to Andy McEvoy, a particular favourite of mine.

I liked Andy a lot. He was a very under rated striker. When you can match the likes of Denis Law and Jimmy Greaves in the goal scoring charts that tells you all need to know. He was lethal in the penalty area, very calm and measured in his finishing. He never belted it when he could pass it into goal.
 A perfect foil for Big Fred.

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

I refereed Tony's testimonial and you are correct. I was stood next to him as the Blackburn End sang the Shearer Wonderland song and he was overwhelmed (well as overwhelmed as somebody as good as him can be ?).

What a super event for a Rovers fan to be involved in ??

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pedro said:

What a super event for a Rovers fan to be involved in ??

It was. The night before I refereed Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday in a League One playoff semi-final second leg but I was honestly more excited and honoured about doing Tony's game after he rang me to do it. He thanked me by giving me a limited edition Rovers watch which is amongst the pride of all my memorabilia.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It was. The night before I refereed Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday in a League One playoff semi-final second leg but I was honestly more excited and honoured about doing Tony's game after he rang me to do it. He thanked me by giving me a limited edition Rovers watch which is amongst the pride of all my memorabilia.

It sounds like you've had some great experiences - apologies, I'd no idea before today that you were a referee.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:15, arbitro said:

I refereed Tony's testimonial and you are correct. I was stood next to him as the Blackburn End sang the Shearer Wonderland song and he was overwhelmed (well as overwhelmed as somebody as good as him can be ?).

I haven't read all of your posts, although probably a large portion of them to be honest. You may have mentioned it before, but I didn't know you were a Ref. As I am studying Spanish, I now realise why you have that username. :) 

It must have been brilliant to have been stood next to Shearer that night and see him react to the song. Once it a lifetime type of experience no doubt. 

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 17:12, Stuart said:

Hated Yorke for ruining a reinvented Andy Cole.

Sounesses call deciding to reunite them and I thought it was a bad move at the time and proved to be the case, especially when he had Suker on the books as well.  Would have been interesting how it would've panned out had Jansen not ha his accident.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 17:54, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, Cole and Jansen were a really good partnership. They brought the best out in each other. Cole and Yorke ended up vying with each other to see who could run the least in a game.

I've never seen two strikers stick so close together on the pitch, they didn't seem to cotton on they were never going to get chance after chance gift wrapped for them like at UTD

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 09:22, lraC said:

I haven't read all of your posts, although probably a large portion of them to be honest. You may have mentioned it before, but I didn't know you were a Ref. As I am studying Spanish, I now realise why you have that username. :) 

It must have been brilliant to have been stood next to Shearer that night and see him react to the song. Once it a lifetime type of experience no doubt. 

When I'm out in Spain they have an inter bars 6 a side tournament in the Summer. The players are always shouting " Arbi, arbi ". One night there was a Gaetano ( Gypsy ) team playing. One of the player got in a row with the ref and fired a volley of rapid Spanish at the " Arbi ". I couldn't take in what the player said but my father in law translated for me - " May the Virgin shit on the four hairs of your bald head ! " Out came the red card.

Anybody say that to you Arbitro ?

• Like 2