BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers are signing players from Stanley for @#/? sake... Like they can afford arguably the best centre half in our league! Hats off to him by the way, last season I'd have driven him anywhere he wanted to go but this season he's been top class and got back to doing the basics, his reading of the game has gotten much better. Will end up somewhere far better than Rangers if he carries on and on a lot more money than they can afford too.

Rangers have no brass, so I can't see that. Though his head would be turned I reckon. Boyhood fan if I'm not mistaken?

Indeed he his K-Hod. But they absolutely cannot afford him. Leaving aside the transfer fee Kenny Miller is their highest paid player and Hanley will already be on 3 or 4 times as much as Kenny earns.

I suppose it depends how much it would mean to him to play for them, when he could clearly be earning much more at another club (and playing at a higher level).

Personally I don't think he would go there yet - he has plenty of time to play for his boyhood idols at the end of his career - particularly at centre half in a mickey mouse league.

It's probably just his agent after getting him a pay rise or something just because he's finally put together some long overdue consistent form in the league. I'd also question whoever scouts for Celtic if they ever think he's a 5 mill pound defender :blink:

With so many players out of contract in the summer, Lambert couldn't have wished for a better chance to clean house.

Yes, and I expect Lambert probably looked at this factor when considering the job. If he can get through this season without spending any money and keep the club up then he has effectively carte blanche to build from scratch over the summer. The whole organisation can be rebuilt in his image. A situation that many managers would love to have, especially if Venkys decide to give him good money to spend and the freedom to do things on his own without interference.

Pretty much all the deadwood is out of contract in the summer, so people like Williamson, Brown, Delfouneso who aren't good enough for this division can be waved off without a golden handshake. He's also been able to sell off Rhodes, Olsson and Koita for considerable money which will both free up more places to bring in his own players and generate significant money to do it.

The small number of quality players we will have left - Marshall, Duffy, Hanley, Conway, Evans etc. are decent players who I expect would all improve significantly if surrounded by better players than they have had to play with this season. They are certainly better players than our league position suggests.

The SPL is probably championship level at the moment but Rangers Celtic are massive make no mistake

So Aberdeen would be pushing for promotion to the premiership you have to be kidding. Celtic would be mid table in championship at a push the rest league 1 or 2 at most.

Archived