BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

We're no longer under embargo and Lambo has probably been promised a bit of money. So...

Can he spot a player? Will he snaffle a 'Rudy' or waste the lot on a 'Grabbi'? Go for youth or experience? Loans or permanent deals? Go all out on tall, blonde, 'gengenpressen' German's from the Bavarian Sunday League?

Will he sacrifice Rhodes for the greater good? Will Rhodes push for his dream move to 'Boro and a flatshare with his uncle overlooking the ICI chemical plant?

Can we sell anybody else who Lambert doesn't rate/need to raise some dosh?

Will Nicko run a '£50m Rovers war chest' exclusive?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think JR will be gone. New broom and all that. Hopefully PL has a significant amount and we can mount a serious push

If Rhodes goes then it has to be a game changer of a fee, and he simply must go to a PL team. We will not get promoted by strengthening another competitor in this division.

I think he might find that Rhodes's is surplus to requirements especially if somebody is still willing to pay silly money for him.

If Rhodes goes then it has to be a game changer of a fee, and he simply must go to a PL team. We will not get promoted by strengthening another competitor in this division.

I can't honestly see a Premier League team coming in for him. The good teams don't need him and the bad teams can't afford to carry a goal poacher because they are all ready getting out numbered all over the park to start with.

I think he might find that Rhodes's is surplus to requirements especially if somebody is still willing to pay silly money for him.

I can't honestly see a Premier League team coming in for him. The good teams don't need him and the bad teams can't afford to carry a goal poacher because they are all ready getting out numbered all over the park to start with.

That being so. Then we need to keep him and build a team that can get the best out of him. Or at least bring in a decent strike partner for him.

I was sad to see Ryan Tunnicliffe called back to fulham when he was with us. Wouldn't mind us making a cheeky bid for him now they are under embargo. Read that he liked being with us.

He had a bit of drive and tenacity in the midfield that we lack.

Doubt he would be on Lambert's radar though.

We need a target man striker and pacey winger in this transfer window 1st.

Plus extend Tom Lawrence loan deal as well

I have suggestion players for the positions I mention

Target man striker- Anichebe from WBA, Crouch from Stoke, Jones from Cardiff

pacey winger- Gnarby from Arsenal, Buckley from Sunderland, Kacaniklic from Fulham

On Rhodes, would I be surprised if he leave, Not at all. The tactics currently being used by Lambert don't suit Rhodes game, they are most suited to a big target man style with either a Pacey striker next to him or Number 10 player

Hope he stays, but Rhodes can't be allowed to leave unless replacements are in the bag.

I don't think JR will leave in this window anyway, Lambo is likely to bolster the ranks in Jan. The major rebuild will happen in the summer, notwithstanding Venkys unfathamable plans.

Rhodes won't be sold, any manager worth his salt would never willingly sell a 20 goal a season striker, it just doesn't happen.

As for incomings, we need 3 quality signings to even consider a promotion push, I think its more likely to be next season now.

To have a very good manager and backroom team is more than any of us expected, I'm happy with that for now.

• Backroom

Disappointing as he's a decent option but I'm not sure he would be a priority for Lambert, we will need to replace him though.

Rhodes is a huge decision, to risk selling him you have to make sure you are going to use the money and replace those goals somehow - that's not easy!

I do think PL will sell Rhodes. But not in this window unless a) they get top dollar for him AND B) he has his first and second target lined up ready to bring in. Rhodes needs an indulgent manager to do his thing. PL is not that man and his game plan tactically is about the team, not individuals.

Lawrence is a loss in so much that he's proven what he can do but there are better players than him around; Zac Clough is the one I'd buy to play the 10 role. Danny Mayor from Bury is excellent.

We also need a winger - Buckley has been mentioned by Chaddy. He's very good.

A Creative CM - Mark Davies

Assuming they don't sell JR this window a target man with pace - Anichebe, Vaughan, Agbonlahor?

I haven't seen enough from Lawrence for me to bemoan his return to Leicester. He was good at Leeds but that aside I can't think of too much where he has contributed, either individually or to the collective. In fact if he went never to return I think he would be remembered more for his misses against that lot and another team (perhaps Birmingham).

I haven't seen enough from Lawrence for me to bemoan his return to Leicester. He was good at Leeds but that aside I can't think of too much where he has contributed, either individually or to the collective. In fact if he went never to return I think he would be remembered more for his misses against that lot and another team (perhaps Birmingham).

Does the fact Leicester want him back not give a massive clue to his ability?

Does the fact Leicester want him back not give a massive clue to his ability?

Or the fact that he has been benched of late? 😕

Like all of our players, he isn't the finished article. He shows a desire to get forwards that we will certainly miss and he does look quite OK at this level (apart from finishing).

I'm firmly in the sell Rhodes camp now. If Lambert has a couple of decent strikers, whether they be long term loans or buys, I'd let him go. His heart is not here and personally, I think his best is behind him - certainly at this club. The flaws in his game are obvious and we are no longer a team in need of scoring three to win - if we invest his money wisely, I believe we would be much stronger without him.

Gav mentioned that nobody worth their salt sells a 20 goal striker - loads do, including Keegan, Ferguson, King Kenny, Venables, Wenger etc. All far better strikers than Jordan too.

Gav mentioned that nobody worth their salt sells a 20 goal striker - loads do, including Keegan, Ferguson, King Kenny, Venables, Wenger etc. All far better strikers than Jordan too.

No manager in our position sells a 20 goal striker unless they have too.

The managers you mention above had millions at their disposal for replacements, we don't, and the fact you've mentioned Venables shows you've struggled to find good examples I'd wager.

There may come a point where PL is told sell Rhodes if you want and use the money to rebuild or keep him but here's a budget of 2 million to try and vastly improve the team. In other words it may all be down to him. I agree with others though in as much as Rhodes must only leave for a kings ransom and ALL the money should be reinvested otherwise it's a crazy, pointless move.

I get the feeling some on here would shove him through the door for a pittance and automatically think a big target man will solve all our lack of scoring problems. That won't be the case, a large part of the team needs rebuilding or nothing will ever change.

Archived