BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

Danny Graham almost 31 should be no where near this club.

It says something that for the last three years he's been loaned out and not wanted at Sunderland christ even Hull sent him back after going 20 games without a goal.

Sunderland fans on him from todays game - http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham-footballer-or-binman.1184210/

& In general - http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham.1184215/

On 35k a week as well.

No thanks

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abbey is better that Brown and Koita, sadly he's contracted to BT until 2025 so thats a non starter.

Graham would be a good signing in my opinion, a good foil for Rhodes.

i can uncontract for 20k a week pal...i need an agent

Not to worry I can sort out releasing Abbey from his contract :P

now were talking

Not sure he'd take a wage drop, after all he was working overtime he said!

20k or nothing

Jesus. Who's his agent?

monster monster

You sure it's a wage drop and not a drop of beer? [emoji14]

turd

Here we go again, a player NOT even here being dissed as crap before he's kicked a ball because Sunderland fans don't like him, well I remember the same was said when El Hagi Douff turned up, didn't take long for that opinion to change.

Since PL arrival the potential quality of signings is 100% better than previous lets give people a chance eh.

he won't be on 35k here, do you think best is on the same pay as he was when he was here.

Well he'll be on a nice earner at Sunderland that's for certain..

Some of the comments on Sunderland message boards they don't mince there words on there

I've not mentioned best btw

Plenty of posts slamming Graham, so I'm not having a pop at you Dunnfc, but shouldn't we be trusting Lamberts judgement?

We have a proper manager now, and I for one trust his judgement, if he can bring Graham in that in itself would be a massive improvement on Brown, delf or koita.

Exactly Gav. We now have a proven manager at this level and we need to trust his judgement.

If he's on a fair wedge, I think we need to be asking more questions than that. Plenty of players around better than Brown who would likely take less than Graham.

why not trust Lambert's judgement?

Very clever, make a low bid to show their interest; we turn it down and then he joins them for free in summer

good point Tom.

Unless we can get him to sign a new contract soon then it looking like Lambert will need to sign a first choice left back

Strange one with him, but doesn't sounds like he is good enough for the Championshio so I won't be too fussed if he leaves.

I think he has the potential to be a good player at this level but I think he need to start playing regular 1st team football and by playing regular he will start to show his potential.

Out of the centre forward options mentioned - Matt Smith looks the best.

Tall, young, Fulham under embargo.

Much prefer him arriving than danny graham or grant holt.

Matt Smith is a target man.

maybe Rovers and Lambert have enquired about him but Fulham want to keep him cos they expect to be out of this embargo in the summer. just a thought btw

why not trust Lambert's judgement?

Why not discuss potential transfers in the transfer window thread? Outlandish idea, I know, but this thread would barely exist without it.

I'm not writing him off, don't think I've seen the bugger play (or not that I remember anyway), I was just responding to a poster who said all we need to think about is whether he is better than Brown and Koita. It's not.

Here we go again, a player NOT even here being dissed as crap before he's kicked a ball because Sunderland fans don't like him, well I remember the same was said when El Hagi Douff turned up, didn't take long for that opinion to change.

Since PL arrival the potential quality of signings is 100% better than previous lets give people a chance eh.

I dont think many thought El Hadji was a crap footballer, maybe it began with the same letter.

Diouff was the sort of player who when he plays for your/our team is loved and if for the oppo then loathed.

If we sign Graham then I for one will be happy to be proved wrong.

In Lambert I trust.

Sorry but i really don't rate olsson much as a defender, take away his pace and he's a below average player i think, the problem is is that he's the only player we have with real pace.

I agree, he looks good at the moment at Rovers because nobody else has any pace or real quality. Below average as a defensive full back and not much end product for all his huffing and puffing up and down the wing. Maybe Derby think they can afford to play a pure wing back.

Sorry but i really don't rate olsson much as a defender, take away his pace and he's a below average player i think, the problem is is that he's the only player we have with real pace.

A below average player with pace added tends to make for an above average player.

I think the point Spalding is trying to make is that we wouldn't be paying his full wage.If we take him on loan then Sunderland would still be paying a percentage of his wage.I think Graham would be a decent addition on loan for the rest of the season

this is what i meant and also once his contract is up you offer him the weekly pay he deserves, if he doesn't like it he can try get more of others but they will only offer what they think is right for him not the full £35k a week he is on. i was using best as a example as he was on stupid money and crap in championship, he won't be getting the offer he was on at rovers. where he's on stupid money in premiership and can't handle it he will be offered championship rates once his contract is up. should think best is on about £10 a week at the minute still £10 to much for a prick.

I agree with the point you're making EP, but using Diouf as the yardstick is going to persuade anyone.

He was a **** when he was at Bolton, he was a **** when he was at Liverpool, he was a **** when he was with us and I guarantee he's still a **** now :tu:

Martin Samuelsen on loan at Peterbrough from West Ham looks absolutely unreal, saw him on his debut for them and looked good then. Tall and ridiculously skilful, a real talent.

I think they just extended his loan until the end of the season. Played for West Ham during pre-season so I think he's in Bilic's plans for the future, but was surprised to see him go to League One and not a Championship side.

Archived