BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

Hull where a real example of what we need. Big, strong athletes all over, who are behind the ball en masse instantly when they lose the ball and who break with pace whenever possible

I thought so too. If we played them again tonight, they would beat us again.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was him! Screw him I say: turned us down then and hasn't pulled up any trees at Leeds.

Think they ended up offering him £22k per week at Leeds (3 or 4 times what we offered), reading between the lines of what Cellino said, the time when a fan rang him and recorded the call.

What's the past 40 players signed done to give reason for optimism ?

No need for pessimism either. This player is not one of the previous signings and the last few have been a cut above most of the others.

Lambert happy with Grimes and he is left footed player

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/matt-grimes-paul-lambert-2955049.aspx#

Can he beat a player ?

Can he put the ball in the bottom right hand corner of the opponents goal similarly every other corner of the goals ?

Is he a determined aggressive tackler of the ball ?

Is he fast at sprinting ?

Does he have a trick or two in his locker ?

If not why's he at Rovers !

Can he beat a player ?

Can he put the ball in the bottom right hand corner of the opponents goal similarly every other corner of the goals ?

why don't you attend the Fulham game and you will find out?

or even better drive to Brockhall and go and ask Lambert yourself

Hull where a real example of what we need. Big, strong athletes all over, who are behind the ball en masse instantly when they lose the ball and who break with pace whenever possible

Sadly, imo, and in the modern age you are right but Im glad I'm old enough to have seen the like of Bryan Douglas and George Best play live.

Can he beat a player ?

If not why's he at Rovers ?

corrected, surely that's a question too? and the answer is .... he can kick with his left foot...bless him

Can he beat a player ?

So essentially, you want a player who is the complete all rounder, with strong attributes across all areas. I don't even think Yaya Toure ticks every box there!!

Sorry to break this to you, but there aren't many players like that in world football, so the chances of someone that complete rocking up at Ewood are slim to none.

If he can do a couple of those things, it's probably an improvement of what we have currently.

How you can expect a young teenager from Swansea to be the complete midfielder is beyond me. A truly baffling post.

Rovers have signed over forty players either loans or transfers inside the last three seasons and just where's that put the club in the table to give you confidence for the near future.

The problem isn't the volume but the quality. Although not true in every case It seems as if every successive player that has signed for the club in recent years has been just that little bit worse than the previous one. This current team is far worse than Bowyer's side of 2 seasons ago which in itself wasn't as good as Kean's team. The progressively poorer class of player is reflected in the league standings - under Kean and briefly under Bowyer we were challenging for the top 6 and now we're in the relegation battle. It makes you wonder if managers make any difference at all - basically, if the players aren't good enough you're always going to lose more matches than you win.

The problem isn't the volume but the quality. Although not true in every case It seems as if every successive player that has signed for the club in recent years has been just that little bit worse than the previous one. This current team is far worse than Bowyer's side of 2 seasons ago which in itself wasn't as good as Kean's team. The progressively poorer class of player is reflected in the league standings - under Kean and briefly under Bowyer we were challenging for the top 6 and now we're in the relegation battle. It makes you wonder if managers make any difference at all - basically, if the players aren't good enough you're always going to lose more matches than you win.

Yes, you're right Jim. Good managers bring in good players. The manager bye and large will succeed or fail on the quality of his players.

This is a decent article from the LT, basically saying the players aren't up to it.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14276304.PAUL_WHEELOCK_VERDICT__Blackburn_Rovers_0_Hull_City_2/?ref=mac

• Backroom

Yes, you're right Jim. Good managers bring in good players. The manager bye and large will succeed or fail on the quality of his players.

This is a decent article from the LT, basically saying the players aren't up to it.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14276304.PAUL_WHEELOCK_VERDICT__Blackburn_Rovers_0_Hull_City_2/?ref=mac

Only three teams in the entire Football League have won fewer times at home in 2015-16 and only two have netted fewer goals.

Grim.

Absolutely. I tell you who will be a player; Moses Odubajo. He's got everything you need in a full back and is some athlete. He's everything our full backs aren't!

Absolutely. I tell you who will be a player; Moses Odubajo. He's got everything you need in a full back and is some athlete. He's everything our full backs aren't!

Agreed. But thats the gulf, they are spending close to 4mil on right backs and we dont even have a right back

why don't you attend the Fulham game and you will find out?

or even better drive to Brockhall and go and ask Lambert yourself

Have you got a left foot ?

So essentially, you want a player who is the complete all rounder, with strong attributes across all areas. I don't even think Yaya Toure ticks every box there!!

Sorry to break this to you, but there aren't many players like that in world football, so the chances of someone that complete rocking up at Ewood are slim to none.

If he can do a couple of those things, it's probably an improvement of what we have currently.

How you can expect a young teenager from Swansea to be the complete midfielder is beyond me. A truly baffling post.

Why do we need a young teenager from Swansea then if he does well are Rovers signing him ?

Why do we need a young teenager from Swansea then if he does well are Rovers signing him ?

We are loaning this young player to bolster our pretty poor midfield, hopefully helping improve our team and starve off relegation in the remaining months of the season. I'd have preferred a permanent signing too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to slate the guy. He is a young player with a point to prove.

Yes, I have a left foot, why? If it's in relation to Lambert's comments, I'd be perplexed if you don't know the difference between being right and left footed. Whilst all footballers should be competent with either foot, in a midfield 3 it certainly makes sense to have at least one left footed player.

Your posts recently seem to get more and more bizarre, everything is needlessly confrontational and angry. I can understand a degree of negativity recently, but they don't seem to offer anything at all.

Please seek professional help, JAL.

Not sure if I'm even joking here.

I'd have thought it needs to be the owners and everyone connected with recruiting first team players after what I witnessed on Saturday afternoon just gone.

I'd have thought it needs to be the owners and everyone connected with recruiting first team players after what I witnessed on Saturday afternoon just gone.

Absolutely fantastic that JAL. Tickled me that did. Funny thing is I knew it was coming, still cracked me up though.

even in the 1st half they could have been a couple up the fantastic run then he hit over the bar...it was like a knife through butter Hanley was sorely missed

I was trying to work out today if any of the strikers currently available to us has scored a League goal this season.

I think Watt may have scored a couple at the last Club he was farmed out on loan at but 3 of the 5 strikers at the Club, Brown, Graham and Jackson haven't scored a goal in either of the last 2 seasons!

Delfouneso who is currently injured only scored 3 all season last year for Blackpool.

You couldn't make it up. I can't see much hope of us staying up unless either we can get a half decent striker in from somewhere or Watt turns unexpectedly prolific because I'm pretty sure none of the other 4 will.

Archived