Its hard to dispute that Mr Donald Trump is absolutely dominating global media right now. Whether its verbal attacks on rival political candidates, trading compliments with Putin, Scottish based investments or the subject of countrywide ban petitions the man is a headline magnet. Despite what snobs like Edward Snowden say how can't you take this man seriously? Especially with his business success and certainly his position in the presidential polls. Trump for president? Of course I don't get a vote but he would certainly get mine. Not that I agree with everything he says but nothing wrong with being the antithesis to the epidemic that is political correctness.

Edited by VinjayV4

I can see where he's coming from on issues of immigration but its too negative and absolute in my opinion. Instead of banning all Muslims, why not introduce a strict job sector requirements policy like say New Zealand? And there must be less divisive means of tackling illegal immigration from Mexico than building a 2,000 mile wall. He needs to focus a bit more on positive changes he wants to make as well.

Having said all that I think some of his critics are absolutely retarded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35255657

I can see where he's coming from on issues of immigration but its too negative and absolute in my opinion. Instead of banning all Muslims, why not introduce a strict job sector requirements policy like say New Zealand? And there must be less divisive means of tackling illegal immigration from Mexico than building a 2,000 mile wall. He needs to focus a bit more on positive changes he wants to make as well.

Having said all that I think some of his critics are absolutely retarded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35255657

"Retarded" means someone who has a mental disability which is a pretty disgusting description for a few normal people who have questioned the utterances of a vile human being who typifies the nasty side of the political right wing.

With planet Earth marching towards Armageddon, Trump is the man you want with his finger on the button.

How would you stop this march ?

I have no idea Yoda to be completely honest.

But I don't think having a loon like Trump in charge of the worlds biggest superpower is a step in the right direction.

More accurately:

"Before the rally began, the crowd was told that no protesting of any sort would be allowed, and that protesters needed to stay in a free-speech space outside the venue. Some of Trump's supporters argue that though the woman did not shout or cause a disturbance, wearing the star on her shirt and standing while others were sitting was fair grounds to be asked to leave."

More accurately:

"Before the rally began, the crowd was told that no protesting of any sort would be allowed, and that protesters needed to stay in a free-speech space outside the venue. Some of Trump's supporters argue that though the woman did not shout or cause a disturbance, wearing the star on her shirt and standing while others were sitting was fair grounds to be asked to leave."

Don't Americans have a constitutional Right to free speech?

Or is that just if you stand in the 'Free Speech' area?

More accurately:

Her t-shirt said she came 'In Peace'.

Sad state of affairs nowadays that politicians are able to avoid anyone with any sort of other opinion, as part of a election campaign. It's happening in this country too, Cameron never answers a question, and continues to state a point then basically run away before the journalists are able to ask him a question. On the other hand, we have no credible opposition to hold him to account at the moment with the Labour Party tearing itself in two.

Simply unbelievable that. And it is extremely worrying. America has the most impressive and admirable ideals of any nation. That's why I am so drawn to it.

But throughout its history, the greatest threats to its ideals have come from within. Nothing unites the disparate and disenfranchised like an easily identified minority. So it has come to the point again where being a minority standing in the 'wrong' place is seen as a threat.

Not all Trump supporters are fascists, but fascists support Trump.

This is a separate occasion but this to me looks dangerously close to a fascist rally:

Edited by ultrablue

Is disrupting a party's political rally really the best way to protest against it? It seems rather un-democratic to me to buy tickets that it's members could have bought and then to disrupt it. I know it was passive but it's still an attempt at disruption/protest or she wouldn't have been wearing that t-shirt or stood up when everyone else sat down. I mean why not do it outside?

And before the usual suspects jump on this comment, what reaction would someone have got from Corbyn supporters if they went to say a Momentum rally and protested? Probably worse than what the Trump supporters dished out if it's intimidation/harassment of Labour MPs after the Syria vote is anything to go on.

Don't Americans have a constitutional Right to free speech?

Or is that just if you stand in the 'Free Speech' area?

Her t-shirt said she came 'In Peace'.

Sad state of affairs nowadays that politicians are able to avoid anyone with any sort of other opinion, as part of a election campaign. It's happening in this country too, Cameron never answers a question, and continues to state a point then basically run away before the journalists are able to ask him a question. On the other hand, we have no credible opposition to hold him to account at the moment with the Labour Party tearing itself in two.

The First Amendment's free speech guarantee protects against government infringement, not private infringement. A private person on private property is free to throw you off of the property, if he doesn't like what you have to say.

Allegedly up to 20% of Democrats would abandon Hillary and vote for Trump, if he's the Republican nominee.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2016-01-08/new-poll-shows-donald-trump-is-a-real-threat-to-hillary-clinton

Anecdotally, this lines up with what I've noticed. From the working man blue collar perspectives I've spoken to, Washington has @#/? them off and treated them like garbage for decades. So they're perfectly okay with sending someone like Trump to DC, someone who will @#/? off the Establishment to no end, by way of returning the favor.

And they do give him props for being smarter, bolder and more successful than his opposition. So despite his grandstanding and flippancy, Trump might actually be the best of what's available.

If Trump is the best available of a nation of 350 Million (?) then God help us all....

The First Amendment's free speech guarantee protects against government infringement, not private infringement. A private person on private property is free to throw you off of the property, if he doesn't like what you have to say.

Im sure he's allowed to do what he likes, however the guy is running for the presidency, so the circumstances are a little different to someone saying things in your living room. He isn't going to answer their questions outside, and its not a healthy situation to be able to avoid questions just because you don't like them (right or left wing).

If Trump is the best available of a nation of 350 Million (?) then God help us all....

100% agree.

Allegedly up to 20% of Democrats would abandon Hillary and vote for Trump, if he's the Republican nominee.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2016-01-08/new-poll-shows-donald-trump-is-a-real-threat-to-hillary-clinton

Anecdotally, this lines up with what I've noticed. From the working man blue collar perspectives I've spoken to, Washington has @#/? them off and treated them like garbage for decades. So they're perfectly okay with sending someone like Trump to DC, someone who will @#/? off the Establishment to no end, by way of returning the favor.

And they do give him props for being smarter, bolder and more successful than his opposition. So despite his grandstanding and flippancy, Trump might actually be the best of what's available.

As KH said, America can do so much better and that goes for Democrat and Republican. The USA excels at so many things and posses some of the worlds great innovators.

Having said that, the UK is no better. We have second rate politicians across the board.

Well we survived, just about, having Nixon and Reagan in charge

As KH said, America can do so much better and that goes for Democrat and Republican. The USA excels at so many things and posses some of the worlds great innovators.

Having said that, the UK is no better. We have second rate politicians across the board.

It's the Billy Connolly rule:

The only people who get to be politicians are those who absolutely shouldn't be.*

*Aside from a select few.

Depends on what the voters are looking for. If they are looking to give DC the finger, then Trump fits the bill admirably.

Also, Trump isn't compared to all 350 million citizens. He's compared to the other 12 or so people running for President. With one or two possible exceptions, I'm not impressed.

Yeah, I know that Steve, I was just making a point that surely there must be a better candidate than him available out of a population that size!

Edited by K-Hod

It's the Billy Connolly rule:

The only people who get to be politicians are those who absolutely shouldn't be.*

*Aside from a select few.

Thats because they tend to be ambitious and self serving.

Depends on what the voters are looking for. If they are looking to give DC the finger, then Trump fits the bill admirably.

Also, Trump isn't compared to all 350 million citizens. He's compared to the other 12 or so people running for President. With one or two possible exceptions, I'm not impressed.

Isnt that one of the flaws with the US system, you either have to be a multi-millionaire or be backed by some, to even stand a chance of running?

(Uk not perfect by any stretch)