He could have been beheaded or fall off a cliff and Americans would still vote for him, and get the backing of his party. All this impeachment drama will come to nothing as it will be derailed by the Republican party regardless of how much evidence there is. And Donald will still stand even if he's a complete cabbage from health problems.

If you have any doubt that Trump is seriously ill with a neurological condition, this series of video snippets is going to terrify you...

Have I heard right? Trump signing an Exec Order that Judaism is a Nationality and not a Religion?

Like, for real?

The House judiciary committee voted to send the impeachment articles to the full House. That vote is next week.

I expect the House to pass them which will then take it to the Senate for a trial in 2020.

I doubt that that the Republican controlled Senate will vote to impeach.

Elections are November 2020.

Expect a wild ride.

You thought the UK media has been bad?

In the US they're calling Bernie Sanders, a Jewish man whose paternal family was wiped out in the Holocaust, an antisemite...

Certain people on here were unhappy about being wrong on public Brexit vote and how a referendum would have a different outcome. They were unhappy about Corbyn's thrashing. They can prepare to be disappointed about this as well. Not the impeachment vote but the ultimate outcome.

2 hours ago, Vinjay said:

Certain people on here were unhappy about being wrong on public Brexit vote and how a referendum would have a different outcome. They were unhappy about Corbyn's thrashing. They can prepare to be disappointed about this as well. Not the impeachment vote but the ultimate outcome.

He'll be impeached, but that's ultimately meaningless because he'll not be talked into stepping down.

Even if he DID, we end up with a religious fundamentalist (Pence) as the most powerful politician in the world. It'd be like Abu Hamza running Saudi Arabia or something.

2 hours ago, Vinjay said:

Whilst I do think Philip’s monologue in here is always a good read, he’s only the third president in history to be impeached. 
That’s pretty unusual, whatever way you look at it.

Just now, Mike E said:

He'll be impeached, but that's ultimately meaningless because he'll not be talked into stepping down.

Even if he DID, we end up with a religious fundamentalist (Pence) as the most powerful politician in the world. It'd be like Abu Hamza running Saudi Arabia or something.

Yep, out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Is it Happy Impeachment or Merry Impeachment? I don't want to offend anyone 😄

Wheres Phil, I would have put money on him posting on here as soon as the first vote result was out?

So now it moves on to trying to persuade 27 Republicans to join the 40 Democrats who want Mike Pence as President. 

I think this will backfire on the Democrats big time. It's unlikely that the Senate will find him guilty, and Trump will absolutely rip them to shreds over it. Four more years.

5 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Wheres Phil, I would have put money on him posting on here as soon as the first vote result was out?

Probably sleeping, I’d guess, looking at the time of the post...

On 15/12/2019 at 01:21, Mike E said:

You thought the UK media has been bad?

In the US they're calling Bernie Sanders, a Jewish man whose paternal family was wiped out in the Holocaust, an antisemite...

Much like Cyril Chilson

8 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I think this will backfire on the Democrats big time. It's unlikely that the Senate will find him guilty, and Trump will absolutely rip them to shreds over it. Four more years.

I completely missed the tide on Trump in 2016. What hasn't changed since then is his support. He hasn't been able to expand his reach beyond his core voters and they don't care what he does. Nobody really knows what will happen until his opponent is fixed. There are too many Democrats running to ascertain a consensus. How many voters who stayed away last time will vote Democrat this time? Republicans were hammered in the mid terms, but Trumps name on the ballot will bring people out.

You are right that the Senate won't touch him unless more nefarious deeds come to light. I'm no expert but there is probably a lot more out there.

The news this morning is touching on the House delaying sending the impeachment articles to the Senate.

Whatever happens Trump's legacy will be impeachment. it will always be mentioned when talking about him. He doesn't like that.

9 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Exactly though it wouldn't surprise me if Trump is killed. 

10 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

That's the big risk. Many Democrats are also uneasy about impeachment - knowing that when it is rejected by the Senate it will harden his support and attract the sympathy of wavering voters. Trump's doesn't like anyone getting one over him - his revenge on those who have crossed him will be severe.  Pelosi had better be ready. Funny that he calls the Democrats the radical left -  he needs a pep talk from Jeremy

9 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Probably sleeping, I’d guess, looking at the time of the post...

Thought he’d be all over it as evidenced by his enthusiastic shall we say posting in this thread?

41 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

Thought he’d be all over it as evidenced by his enthusiastic shall we say posting in this thread?

Oh aye, was only being jovial!

I do think as Phil T alluded to though, this impeachment biz will backfire.

What one person said tonight is if they can get some of the witnesses to testify he could resign.