Jump to content

Recommended Posts

He could have been beheaded or fall off a cliff and Americans would still vote for him, and get the backing of his party. All this impeachment drama will come to nothing as it will be derailed by the Republican party regardless of how much evidence there is. And Donald will still stand even if he's a complete cabbage from health problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have any doubt that Trump is seriously ill with a neurological condition, this series of video snippets is going to terrify you...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have I heard right? Trump signing an Exec Order that Judaism is a Nationality and not a Religion?

Like, for real?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The House judiciary committee voted to send the impeachment articles to the full House. That vote is next week.

I expect the House to pass them which will then take it to the Senate for a trial in 2020.

I doubt that that the Republican controlled Senate will vote to impeach.

Elections are November 2020.

Expect a wild ride.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You thought the UK media has been bad?

In the US they're calling Bernie Sanders, a Jewish man whose paternal family was wiped out in the Holocaust, an antisemite...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certain people on here were unhappy about being wrong on public Brexit vote and how a referendum would have a different outcome. They were unhappy about Corbyn's thrashing. They can prepare to be disappointed about this as well. Not the impeachment vote but the ultimate outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vinjay said:

Certain people on here were unhappy about being wrong on public Brexit vote and how a referendum would have a different outcome. They were unhappy about Corbyn's thrashing. They can prepare to be disappointed about this as well. Not the impeachment vote but the ultimate outcome.

He'll be impeached, but that's ultimately meaningless because he'll not be talked into stepping down.

Even if he DID, we end up with a religious fundamentalist (Pence) as the most powerful politician in the world. It'd be like Abu Hamza running Saudi Arabia or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vinjay said:

Certain people on here were unhappy about being wrong on public Brexit vote and how a referendum would have a different outcome. They were unhappy about Corbyn's thrashing. They can prepare to be disappointed about this as well. Not the impeachment vote but the ultimate outcome.

Whilst I do think Philip’s monologue in here is always a good read, he’s only the third president in history to be impeached. 
That’s pretty unusual, whatever way you look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike E said:

He'll be impeached, but that's ultimately meaningless because he'll not be talked into stepping down.

Even if he DID, we end up with a religious fundamentalist (Pence) as the most powerful politician in the world. It'd be like Abu Hamza running Saudi Arabia or something.

Yep, out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it Happy Impeachment or Merry Impeachment? I don't want to offend anyone 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wheres Phil, I would have put money on him posting on here as soon as the first vote result was out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now it moves on to trying to persuade 27 Republicans to join the 40 Democrats who want Mike Pence as President. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this will backfire on the Democrats big time. It's unlikely that the Senate will find him guilty, and Trump will absolutely rip them to shreds over it. Four more years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Wheres Phil, I would have put money on him posting on here as soon as the first vote result was out?

Probably sleeping, I’d guess, looking at the time of the post...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/12/2019 at 01:21, Mike E said:

You thought the UK media has been bad?

In the US they're calling Bernie Sanders, a Jewish man whose paternal family was wiped out in the Holocaust, an antisemite...

Much like Cyril Chilson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I think this will backfire on the Democrats big time. It's unlikely that the Senate will find him guilty, and Trump will absolutely rip them to shreds over it. Four more years.

I completely missed the tide on Trump in 2016. What hasn't changed since then is his support. He hasn't been able to expand his reach beyond his core voters and they don't care what he does. Nobody really knows what will happen until his opponent is fixed. There are too many Democrats running to ascertain a consensus. How many voters who stayed away last time will vote Democrat this time? Republicans were hammered in the mid terms, but Trumps name on the ballot will bring people out.

You are right that the Senate won't touch him unless more nefarious deeds come to light. I'm no expert but there is probably a lot more out there.

The news this morning is touching on the House delaying sending the impeachment articles to the Senate.

Whatever happens Trump's legacy will be impeachment. it will always be mentioned when talking about him. He doesn't like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I think this will backfire on the Democrats big time. It's unlikely that the Senate will find him guilty, and Trump will absolutely rip them to shreds over it. Four more years.

Exactly though it wouldn't surprise me if Trump is killed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I think this will backfire on the Democrats big time. It's unlikely that the Senate will find him guilty, and Trump will absolutely rip them to shreds over it. Four more years.

That's the big risk. Many Democrats are also uneasy about impeachment - knowing that when it is rejected by the Senate it will harden his support and attract the sympathy of wavering voters. Trump's doesn't like anyone getting one over him - his revenge on those who have crossed him will be severe.  Pelosi had better be ready. Funny that he calls the Democrats the radical left -  he needs a pep talk from Jeremy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Probably sleeping, I’d guess, looking at the time of the post...

Thought he’d be all over it as evidenced by his enthusiastic shall we say posting in this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

Thought he’d be all over it as evidenced by his enthusiastic shall we say posting in this thread?

Oh aye, was only being jovial!

I do think as Phil T alluded to though, this impeachment biz will backfire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What one person said tonight is if they can get some of the witnesses to testify he could resign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.