1 minute ago, philipl said:

No way would Biden be my first choice but preferable to Sanders who has some very murky Russian links.

The huge difference will be the removal of the utterly corrupt hangers on around Trump and restoration of true Cabinet Government and rebuilding the State Department.

I fully expect his daughter to replace him as president ūüėāūü•ļ

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, philipl said:

No way would Biden be my first choice but preferable to Sanders who has some very murky Russian links.

The huge difference will be the removal of the utterly corrupt hangers on around Trump and restoration of true Cabinet Government and rebuilding the State Department.

Does it not bother you that Biden is at best a creep and at worst a rapist? He is one of the sleaziest characters I have ever seen in politics. He is actually more sleazy than Trump. The guy gives me the creeps. 

His recent interviews with the dodging, double standards and hypocracy are insane. That's not even going into his rambling. Democrats like Pelosi and Hillary Clinton are disgusting for their blatant hypocracy and double standards when it comes to the accusations against Biden(and Bill). 

American politics at the top are really rancid. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Does it not bother you that Biden Trump is at best a creep and at worst a rapist? He is one of the sleaziest characters I have ever seen in politics. He is actually more sleazy than Biden Trump. The guy gives me the creeps. 

His recent interviews with the dodging, double standards and hypocracy are insane. That's not even going into his rambling.

American politics at the top are really rancid. 

A few edits to your post also makes it valid to many.

As Philip said, getting rid of Trump won't be the end of it. The entire US government is being run just like the coronavirus response i.e. terribly. If Trump loses it will allow for the return of a functional executive branch that works for the best of the country. Competent professionals will run the show, not the blatently unqualified yes men Trump has filled ambassadorships, cabinet roles, and agencies with.

I'll also wager that there will be an immediate uptick in pro-USA feeling across the globe if it happens as countries will know that they will be dealing with a "normal" America and will offer the chance for someone to counter Russia and China.

5 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

A few edits to your post also makes it valid to many.

As Philip said, getting rid of Trump won't be the end of it. The entire US government is being run just like the coronavirus response i.e. terribly. If Trump loses it will allow for the return of a functional executive branch that works for the best of the country. Competent professionals will run the show, not the blatently unqualified yes men Trump has filled ambassadorships, cabinet roles, and agencies with.

I'll also wager that there will be an immediate uptick in pro-USA feeling across the globe if it happens as countries will know that they will be dealing with a "normal" America and will offer the chance for someone to counter Russia and China.

Your edit of my post makes no sense. So many people come across as a blinkered "anyone but Trump" ,without even giving a thought to or looking at the other candidate. 

Biden is a disgusting character. So much so in-fact, I don't even think he will make it to the election. Look at him recently when interviewers ask about opening up old files on him. The guy has so much to hide. I would say even more than Trump. 

Now can anyone responding please not make this a "but Trump, but Trump" post. We know about Trump. It's done to death. 

The calibre of the opposition the democrats have put forward is somehow worse than last time. It's quite impressive in one way to manage that. 

50 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Your edit of my post makes no sense. So many people come across as a blinkered "anyone but Trump" ,without even giving a thought to or looking at the other candidate. 

Biden is a disgusting character. So much so in-fact, I don't even think he will make it to the election. Look at him recently when interviewers ask about opening up old files on him. The guy has so much to hide. I would say even more than Trump. 

Now can anyone responding please not make this a "but Trump, but Trump" post. We know about Trump. It's done to death. 

The calibre of the opposition the democrats have put forward is somehow worse than last time. It's quite impressive in one way to manage that. 

You can easily replace "Biden" in your comment with "Trump" and get plenty nodding in agreement. What was hard to understand about it?

I make no hiding to the fact that I don't like Trump, I never have. I don't want him serving another 4 years.

My life hasn't changed one bit since Trump has been president but what he has done is divide the USA and given a lot of thick racist people a platform to speak out which is very dangerous in a country with such a complicated history when it comes to race.

If for argument's sake it's agreed that both Biden and Trump are dirty old men it should negate one side bashing the other for it. Then the discussion moves to how they are as politicians. Biden served years as a senator and 8 years as VP. He's a known entity who understands how the system works and will be able to navigate it. He is a safe option. Not Hollywood, but safe.

Trump has spent his presidency playing golf, lying, insulting people, over promoting his family, and blaming anyone but himself for anything bad that has happened.

Trump will be judged on the economy, and at this point it's not looking good. US GDP went down 4.8% in Q1. Look out for -30% or more when Q2 results come out. The longer the virus pandemic and shut downs continue the less chance he has. He dismissed warnings given to him in January it as he thought that raising alarm would be bad for his reelection campaign. It ironic that by him not doing it has caused him, and certainly others, more harm.

Posted (edited)

I am sorry but Biden has been accused by Tara Reade who also posts adulatory stuff about Putin.

Trump has been accused by 23 women.

The rest of the Biden/Trump comparison has to be seen in similar context.

Biden is a successful old school Irish American machine politician.

Trump is owned by the mob and his first loyalty is to Putin.

Edited by philipl

I'm surprise that Democrats have gone for young candidate as their choice cos that where they had most success over last 50 years. Leaders like John F Kennedy, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. 

Is there any Senators, members of Congress or governors who would fit the bill? 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, philipl said:

I am sorry but Biden has been accused by Tara Reade who also posts adulatory stuff about Putin.

Biden has a number of skeletons in the cupboard, he's paid off plenty of women with hush money over the years.

As for Tara Reade lets not dismiss her allegations, I think society has been far to quick to paint these women as the gold diggers/liars in the past, we shouldn't make those same mistakes again.

But isn't it refreshing to think that our politics, although quickly going the same way as the US, is still played out with respect and mostly by people who are honourable individuals who regardless of which side of the divide you fall seemingly want to do the right thing.  

Trump vrs Biden leaves a very sour taste in the mouth, I could vote for neither, but if I was forced its Biden all day long, anything to rid the White House of that orange moron.

I have to say also having watched Mike Pence in the briefings (I know nothing about the man personally) he seems 100 times more presidential than Trump, he speaks well, is coherent and to the point, exactly as the commandeering chief should be, but its not hard to look good when comparing yourself to an idiot. 

Edited by Gav

I agree with what Gav said. Biden is probably even worse than Clinton, but he is far better than Trump. Trump has completely undermined US society with his frequent support for all kinds of racist, irrational and illogical behaviour like those recent protests and the murderous Neo-Nazi types in the past. His laziness and obsession with doing the opposite of what Obama did regardless of results has created an unstable economy that boosted the stock market, but not given it any real foundation.

In foreign policy, Donald has attacked NATO, supported all sorts of dictators and corrupt leaders like Putin, Netenyahu, the Saudi crown prince, Kim Jong-Un and Durante whilst going out of his way to create tensions with allies like the EU countries and Canada. He's only been friendly with us because we are at risk of selling everything to the USA and being a vassal state in any post Brexit trade deal.

Biden is a bit eccentric himself, but he at least doesn't have Narcissistic personality disorder and his dementia is not so advanced that he can speak and string a coherent thought.

7 hours ago, philipl said:

So you are choosing not to believe her because of what she posts about Putin? Slippery slope there. She won't be the only one, so it's see. 

Biden is an awful candidate and I wouldn't be surprised if Trump won again. Pretty poor for the democrats to be in that position with all that is happening and has happened. They almost had an open goal. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I agree with what Gav said. Biden is probably even worse than Clinton, but he is far better than Trump. Trump has completely undermined US society with his frequent support for all kinds of racist, irrational and illogical behaviour like those recent protests and the murderous Neo-Nazi types in the past. His laziness and obsession with doing the opposite of what Obama did regardless of results has created an unstable economy that boosted the stock market, but not given it any real foundation.

In foreign policy, Donald has attacked NATO, supported all sorts of dictators and corrupt leaders like Putin, Netenyahu, the Saudi crown prince, Kim Jong-Un and Durante whilst going out of his way to create tensions with allies like the EU countries and Canada. He's only been friendly with us because we are at risk of selling everything to the USA and being a vassal state in any post Brexit trade deal.

Biden is a bit eccentric himself, but he at least doesn't have Narcissistic personality disorder and his dementia is not so advanced that he can speak and string a coherent thought.

To be fair now the democrats will be friendly with pretty much all those regimes too. 

Have you seen the videos of Biden publicly groping girls and women? There are many. Shudder to think what he is like behind closed doors when no cameras are rolling. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Eugh...

What’s the point you’re trying to make mate?

It‚Äôs just you told people not to answer with ‚Äėbut Trump, but Trump‚Äô and you‚Äôre not just using the same kind of whataboutery re Biden.....

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

To be fair now the democrats will be friendly with pretty much all those regimes too. 

Have you seen the videos of Biden publicly groping girls and women? There are many. Shudder to think what he is like behind closed doors when no cameras are rolling. 

Have you heard what Trump has said out loud to the media about women??

Biden has got to answer some very serious questions and it’s a shame that he’s been put up as the only alternative to Trump. Pete Buttigieg would have been a far better candidate.

But do not overlook how awful Trump is. He is a disgraceful human being. 

Even if you accept the allegations against Biden, he is a more suitable candidate for President than Trump on all fronts. It’s not even close. That shows just how low the bar has been set since Trump’s election.

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm surprise that Democrats have gone for young candidate as their choice cos that where they had most success over last 50 years. Leaders like John F Kennedy, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. 

Is there any Senators, members of Congress or governors who would fit the bill? 

Tulsi Gabbard (39) and Pete Buttigieg (38) are both slightly younger than me, Andrew Yang (45) slightly older.

Julian Castro (45) withdrew before the Iowa caucuses, Wayne Bessam, Beto O'Rourke, Tim Ryan, Seth Moulton and Eric Swalwell are also all under 50. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will be eligible to run for president in 5 years' time.

More details about the prospective candidates

10 hours ago, Dreyski said:

Tulsi Gabbard (39) and Pete Buttigieg (38) are both slightly younger than me, Andrew Yang (45) slightly older.

Julian Castro (45) withdrew before the Iowa caucuses, Wayne Bessam, Beto O'Rourke, Tim Ryan, Seth Moulton and Eric Swalwell are also all under 50. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will be eligible to run for president in 5 years' time.

More details about the prospective candidates

Thankyou for the lists. Will have a look into names later

I wonder if Sanders would have more joy if he ran as an independent?

He'd be a box to tick, but millions would still back the Democrat party regardless. That episode of the Simpsons Citizen Kang still holds true. 

3 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

He'd be a box to tick, but millions would still back the Democrat party regardless. That episode of the Simpsons Citizen Kang still holds true. 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!

10 hours ago, jodrell said:

Coronavirus: White House plans to disband virus task force

The taskforce is staying. Looks like another Apprentice style plot twist orchestrated by the president of the USA.

Trump is bored with the virus. He doesn't have the attention span to deal with it. He wants to open up and see what happens.

On 07/05/2020 at 04:47, speeeeeeedie said:

The taskforce is staying. Looks like another Apprentice style plot twist orchestrated by the president of the USA.

Trump is bored with the virus. He doesn't have the attention span to deal with it. He wants to open up and see what happens.

Mind you they've still managed more tests than Britain per head of population despite having Trump for President! What's that say about us?