Posted (edited)

A rant but terrifying prospects for America:

https://eand.co/america-gave-up-on-coronavirus-now-the-worst-case-scenarios-coming-true-630dc65f9dd5

The extent of the problem struck home personally this morning when an American University I have some dealings with reported 37 staff and students have died from Covid so far. None of the deaths are people I have had any connection with but I went sick to the pit of my stomach when I read that.

It is not just the ill and the care homes being wiped out by this horrible disease.

Edited by philipl

Very dangerous times.

USA leaderless and adrift under Trump.

China in particular sees a window of opportunity and is using it.

Potential for horrible things to happen anywhere because America has shrunk itself and calculations are being made to act before a Boden administration can engage.

9 hours ago, philipl said:

Very dangerous times.

USA leaderless and adrift under Trump.

China in particular sees a window of opportunity and is using it.

Potential for horrible things to happen anywhere because America has shrunk itself and calculations are being made to act before a Boden administration can engage.

It’s a wonder you sleep at night...

No comment on the content of your posts but as soon as I see that letter “P” as the last reply nowadays I automatically get myself ready for another end of the world as we know it prediction. 

Latest US President election poll. Biden widen his lead. 

More controversy today when he retweeted then deleted a tweet that had one of his supporters shouting white power in it,He really doesnt help himself with the idiotic things he does.

It seems he always was a mad narcissist but now he has some sort of dementia that makes all his negative traits like his racism and stupidity even more pronounced. Add to that the ego boost of winning a presidential election and you have a really unpleasant person. He's even gone more loony since 2016, and we thought that was not possible.

It's a shame that the other gang picked such an establishment figure, who will take bungs from the banks and billionaires whilst doing nothing for the working classes unless they go and blow up some brown people for oil.

2 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

More controversy today when he retweeted then deleted a tweet that had one of his supporters shouting white power in it,He really doesnt help himself with the idiotic things he does.

That is this weekend's distraction. 

He needs to put people off the scent of what his administration is really up to.

On Friday evening (usually the time Trump and his crew let their bad ideas go public) they petitioned the Supreme court to invalidate Obamacare - it would take ages to explain but it's a way to buy health insurance. If they win millions could lose their health insurance. 

Secondly, a story came out, and later confirmed by other media outlets, that Russian GRU units have been offering Afghan rebels cash bounties to kill US and British soldiers. As bad as that is, it's told that Trump knew about it months ago but did nothing. His team denied that he did know. Either way it is not good.

These are separate to now record coronavirus cases. 3+ months after the USA "locked down".

There has been a recent peak in Americans getting killed in Afghanistan.

The Russian GRU is paying killers bounty for dead Britons and Americans.

Trump knew, did nothing at best. Carried on promoting Putin and Russia at the G7.

Senate leadership knew at the same time they did not vote to impeach Trump.

Eric Garland (@ericgarland) tweeted at 0:29 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2020:
January. Republicans with Gang of 8 clearances - McConnell, Burr, et al. - would have been briefed that Russia was paying to kill Americans and that Trump did nothing in JANUARY.

WHILE THEY KNEW ABOUT COVID-19 AS WELL AND LIED TO US. 😡 https://t.co/d9Amfhz6r0
(https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/1277368513481539584?s=03)

7 hours ago, philipl said:

There has been a recent peak in Americans getting killed in Afghanistan.

The Russian GRU is paying killers bounty for dead Britons and Americans.

Trump knew, did nothing at best. Carried on promoting Putin and Russia at the G7.

Senate leadership knew at the same time they did not vote to impeach Trump.

Eric Garland (@ericgarland) tweeted at 0:29 am on Mon, Jun 29, 2020:
January. Republicans with Gang of 8 clearances - McConnell, Burr, et al. - would have been briefed that Russia was paying to kill Americans and that Trump did nothing in JANUARY.

WHILE THEY KNEW ABOUT COVID-19 AS WELL AND LIED TO US. 😡 https://t.co/d9Amfhz6r0
(https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/1277368513481539584?s=03)

I'm dubious about the story that the GRU is paying bounties. I can't see why they would need to do that.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm dubious about the story that the GRU is paying bounties. I can't see why they would need to do that.

Create an incentive. While the terrorists already would like to kill Western troops the risks and costs involved are high, so a lot of caution is used. This helps make it more attractive.

As a conspiracy it's pretty vulnerable to being uncovered, but as Salisbury shows the Russians seem unbothered that their "covert actions" can be unravelled pretty easily.

Posted (edited)

If anyone really thinks that the Taliban or any Afghan needs paying to fire at US invaders or indeed any invaders they need to learn the history of the country. Secondly there is currently a ceasefire in place between the Taliban and the US, the Taliban are currently fighting the Afghan government forces. US troops are leaving Afghanistan although still bombing it from the air. 

Also don't forget that the New York Times has a history of Fake News when it comes to the Middle East. As Trump himself has said 'Everybody is denying it & there have not been many attacks on us'. Also not a scintilla of evidence has been produced by The New York Times to substantiate their story. It's just another example of the Russophobia that is sadly sweeping across America and reaching McCarthyite levels.

One thing that we do know for certain though is that that a few decades ago Islamic Fanatics in Afghanistan were being funded by a foreign country however it was not Russia or the Soviet Union indeed they were the people being fired on by the Fanatics who were backed of course by the USA. 

Edited by Ewood Ace

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The money was followed.

No idea why they needed to do it but they did it.

In fact it was bulging bank balances and transfers in odd places in Afghanistan which were investigated first and then it was discovered what the Russians were paying for.

Personally I'm not shocked. The USA did it to Russia (Soviet Union) decades ago, and the Soviet Union funded the Vietnamese decades before that.  The USA and Russia have been in a proxy war generations and will probably continue to do so.

The theatre of war may change, but the instigators will not.

I don't doubt there is funding flowing to militias in the Middle East from most "developed" countries, and at risk of being a conspiracy theorist, I bet there's a few nations out there arming both sides. 

Full on treason.

Trump told to his face 15 months ago about this act of war against Britain and America.

Did nothing.

Ghislaine Maxwell arrested on an extremely detailed charge sheet.

I wonder if this is why Barr tried to get his man as head of SDNY.

Thankfully he failed.

Donald never met Epstein though 😋. I doubt it will all come out if Trump, Prince Andrew and so on did get up to no good. It will all be kept quiet and Maxwell will either go to prison or 'commit suicide'/have an accident. 

Personally I think Trump could pull out of the election in September / October if he's getting a kicking in the polls. That would be unprecedented but right up Trumps street .

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Personally I think Trump could pull out of the election in September / October if he's getting a kicking in the polls. That would be unprecedented but right up Trumps street .

I'm not sure they coukd hold voting safely if this is still rampant like it is there....they are crackers that lot over there, could go on for months 

10 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I don't think his ego and self regard would let him quit, unless the Republican party really mess him about and he leaves it to the last moment to be spiteful to them and screw them up. So far the senior Republicans are with him 100%.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I don't think his ego and self regard would let him quit, unless the Republican party really mess him about and he leaves it to the last moment to be spiteful to them and screw them up. So far the senior Republicans are with him 100%.

I would say his ego and self regard are exactly why he would quit of he knew he was going to lose.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Now a tell all book on Melania.

16 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

This is a view that is gaining traction in some circles over here. His continued talking up of Confederate monuments is evidence. It would appeal to his vanity too as he'd be able to bow out without having to say that he lost.

6 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

He lives in fantasy land. 2020 has been awful. People are tired, angry, and frustrated. Trump is adding fuel to those fires rather than trying to put them out. If he keeps it up and Republican poll numbers keep dropping to where it becomes clear that they are going to get an electoral kicking then and only then would the party try to so something. They'll hold on to Trump for dear life if the numbers stop cratering.

Meanwhile whilst his distraction circus carries on his government continues to do his dirty work. The US immigration department issued a new order yesterday stating that if a university goes to a fully online course model for the start of the 2020-2021 academic year foreign students enrolled at those places must either leave the country and participate online from their home country or move universities to one that has in person instruction.

As a person who came to the USA as a university student it's complete madness and completely unnecessary. But it will rid the USA of those not born here so it's a good idea in Trump's world.

I think that it will be challenged in court. Especially as Harvard announced that they were going online only about 2 hours before the government issued the order. They have a lot of money and a lot of big hitters.