“Donald is not simply weak, his ego is a fragile thing that must be bolstered every moment because he knows deep down that he is nothing of what he claims to be.”

--Mary Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/07/donald-trump-mary-niece-book-eight-most-shocking-claims?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZGF5cy0yMDA3MDg%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK

Trump paid a stand in to pass the test which got him into Wharton.

In case anybody still thinks Trump is clever.

I have finally allowed myself some optimism Trump will be gone in November.

It is in the most tragic of circumstances but..

Coronavirus is now hitting counties which voted Trump by a ratio of 20:1 compared with counties which voted Clinton.

In solid Trump supporting areas, Trumps vote totally collapses when the death rate nudges beyond 28 per 100,000 and that is happening across Trump States.

Turns out you are a happy MAGA if Trump does horrible things to people you hate but something happens which threatens them, they fold like pathetic bullies.

Trump needs a miracle in November alright. America needs one after creepy Joe and his ANTIFA supporting goons take the presidency. Dark times for America and the rest of the world as a byproduct. Wouldn't be surprised if there isn't something far off a civil war over there. 

At least people will recover from Trump derangement syndrome. Key symptoms include fixating on Trump whilst being unable to see many, many more important issues, even those close to home 

I mean, with his handling of the pandemic, times have been pretty dark over there already in reality. If he doesn’t get re-elected, I imagine the only person to blame, will be staring back at him in the mirror. 
I’m sure any of our US residing posters know much more than I do on this, but, as I recall, they weren’t exactly full of praise for the bloke! 

I agree that he is a bit deranged. If he says mad things, then people will certainly pass comment on those. Whatever next?

(For the avoidance of doubt for anyone, this isn’t me moderating, this is me giving my opinion as a poster).

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Trump needs a miracle in November alright. America needs one after creepy Joe and his ANTIFA supporting goons take the presidency. Dark times for America and the rest of the world as a byproduct. Wouldn't be surprised if there isn't something far off a civil war over there. 

At least people will recover from Trump derangement syndrome. Key symptoms include fixating on Trump whilst being unable to see many, many more important issues, even those close to home 

What do you mean about Antifa supporting goons?

Trump would have walked the election if not for the virus and the issues that have stemmed from that. The fact he is still in with a shout shows just how poor and weak a candidate Biden is. I still think Trump could and probably will destroy him in the debates. After everything that has happened over there, for the democrats to still be in this position is really something. 

I forgot BDS approves of leaders who are into racism, lusting after your own kids, shafting business partners and customers, working with the mob, narcissism, subverting democratic institutions for personal gain and misogyny.

Saying that Joe Biden is a poor candidate. Better than Trump, but in normal times an awful choice.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Trump would have walked the election if not for the virus and the issues that have stemmed from that. The fact he is still in with a shout shows just how poor and weak a candidate Biden is. I still think Trump could and probably will destroy him in the debates. After everything that has happened over there, for the democrats to still be in this position is really something. 

Trump will annihilate him in the debates even more than he did Hillary. How the Democrats can put Biden up I don't know the man is clearly senile and it is sad to watch.

21 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Trump will annihilate him in the debates even more than he did Hillary. How the Democrats can put Biden up I don't know the man is clearly senile and it is sad to watch.

He might make him cry. It could be such a massacre that Trump somehow pulls it out of the bag. The thing is EVERYBODY knows when it comes to debates, there is a serious mismatch. I would assume they are trying to get Biden somewhat up to a level where he doesn't totally bomb. I mean , it's there for the taking, but some of the interviews I have seen with him are amazingly bad. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

What do you mean about Antifa supporting goons?

When certain cities burned, the democrats were far too soft on what was taking place. Biden and his team were bailing looters out in certain areas. As with many things in America, it seems you have to either be far on one side, or the other, there is basically no middle ground. There is an arm of the democrats that is worrying left/woke , whatever you want to call it. I don't think your average American, just like here, really fully buys into all that stuff. It's more something that is played out online and in certain sectors like academia. I don't even think Biden would fully understand it, but is being swept up in it too. Trump certainly isn't going to play nice. I would genuinely be concerned about a civil war over there in the not too distant future. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Agreed

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 04:16, Bigdoggsteel said:

In a two party system like America's both candidates are always in with a shout no matter what the circumstances are.

Trump can debate all he wants but I don't think that a mesmeric performance will save him. His utterly abject handling of the ongoing pandemic is a daily reminder that he cannot govern, and people are seeing it. He can lie, mislead, brag, and hypnotise, but does not have any clue of how to effectively run a country.

He spent time yesterday harping on about dishwashers. Absolute cuckoo.

His reelection campaign is having to buy adverts in Texas. It has been a solid Republican state for decades.

34 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

In a two party system like America's both candidates are always in with a shout no matter what the circumstances are.

Trump can debate all he wants but I don't think that a mesmeric performance will save him. His utterly abject handling of the ongoing pandemic is a daily reminder that he cannot govern, and people are seeing it. He can lie, mislead, brag, and hypnotise, but does not have any clue of how to effectively run a country.

He spent time yesterday harping on about dishwashers. Absolute cuckoo.

His reelection campaign is having to buy adverts in Texas. It has been a solid Republican state for decades.

He was vastly under estimated the last time around. I also think that pandemic aside, he hasn't been the unmitigated diaster large sections of the media and as a result people would have us believe. I'd say he had it in the bag until the pandemic happened. It looks very difficult from here alright though, but nothing would surprise me. America have gotten themselves in a right state either way. 

When I see somebody typing Antifa supporting goons, I see somebody who hasn't the first clue what they are wittering about.

If you're not anti-fascist, what are you?

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He was vastly under estimated the last time around. I also think that pandemic aside, he hasn't been the unmitigated diaster large sections of the media and as a result people would have us believe. I'd say he had it in the bag until the pandemic happened. It looks very difficult from here alright though, but nothing would surprise me. America have gotten themselves in a right state either way. 

You are right that he was underestimated last time. I certainly did. I thought that he had no chance until about 2 weeks before the election. I went to get my haircut and the people in there opened my eyes.

This time is different though. He has accomplished very little legislatively but he doesn't care. Policy isn't something he cares about. He got the usual Republican tax cuts through, and it confirming judges at a rapid rate (that's what the Republican senate wants).

What he has done is make the USA a cautious place to deal with. Like it or not the USA is needed to aid in international relations. Having the US sidelined isn't good.

The problem for mid table countries like us, France, Australia etc. is that the USA has become belligerent and an overt bully, and the alternatives are just as insidious. Get close to Russia, and Putin will be giving suggestions to put in your party's next manifesto. Get close to China, and they will want to install their CCTV to make sure you don't look up what they're up to with non-Han minorities, pro democracy activists or book sellers. The USA having shafted us a few times in the Cold War, but the other guys would be even worse to be with.

16 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

The problem for mid table countries like us, France, Australia etc. is that the USA has become belligerent and an overt bully, and the alternatives are just as insidious. Get close to Russia, and Putin will be giving suggestions to put in your party's next manifesto. Get close to China, and they will want to install their CCTV to make sure you don't look up what they're up to with non-Han minorities, pro democracy activists or book sellers. The USA having shafted us a few times in the Cold War, but the other guys would be even worse to be with.

Trump's doctrine is "America First" without any thought of how that affects geopolitics. 

If you take BDS's take that Biden is old, creepy, and losing it he will still install people in governmental positions who have much more idea that current Trump appointees. 

He’s wished Ghislaine Maxwell well today. 
I’m sure that won’t be his fault though.

Trump addressing the press at the moment holding America as a shining example on testing and fighting the virus :wacko:

He’s also trying to delay the election.

The mans a complete knobhead.

58 minutes ago, Gav said:

Trump addressing the press at the moment holding America as a shining example on testing and fighting the virus :wacko:

He’s also trying to delay the election.

The mans a complete knobhead.

He'll have to be dragged out of the White House if he loses the election, I'm convinced of it.