Biden ahead in the polls and the Trumpian narrative has already started - postal votes are unsafe, the election is rigged and fraudulent and should be postponed. The US is descending into a banana republic 

Republican Voters Against Trump have found their voices at long last:

Just an ordinary day in Trump's America

1) Vanity Fair reporting Trump's strategy was to let Covid kill in the States it arrived in (Democrat voting coastal states) then let rip at the failure of Democrat Governors and Mayors.

2) the most senior and influential law writer and journalist in America, Benjamin Wittes, has discovered he was the target of covert operations by the Department of Homeland Security.

3) Apparently the Maxwell Epstein papers due to be released portray Victoria's Secret as a mafia front. And I typed that with a straight face..

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Just an ordinary day in Trump's America

1) Vanity Fair reporting Trump's strategy was to let Covid kill in the States it arrived in (Democrat voting coastal states) then let rip at the failure of Democrat Governors and Mayors.

2) the most senior and influential law writer and journalist in America, Benjamin Wittes, has discovered he was the target of covert operations by the Department of Homeland Security.

3) Apparently the Maxwell Epstein papers due to be released portray Victoria's Secret as a mafia front. And I typed that with a straight face..

You mentioned Trump and strategy in the same sentence phililp :D

59 minutes ago, Gav said:

You mentioned Trump and strategy in the same sentence phililp :D

Good point- Kushner was doing it for him.

He thought that slamming Dems for Covid was a winner in the Presidential election.

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

He'll have to be dragged out of the White House if he loses the election, I'm convinced of it.

He's not actually got any real gumption. He'll go, just say that the election was rigged fueling right wing conspiracy theorists for a generation.

The crumbling of the American political system continues to accelerate. It's not so much worrying in terms of the November 2020 electrion  but where they will be in 2024 or 2028. Could end up with a full scale insurgency eventually.

11 hours ago, Mike E said:

He'll have to be dragged out of the White House if he loses the election, I'm convinced of it.

well Congress have to approve any changes to elections and not even the republicans will back that. 

Also his term of being president is for 4 years so after 21st January would he have to leave office surely? 

On 17/07/2020 at 16:43, philipl said:

When I see somebody typing Antifa supporting goons, I see somebody who hasn't the first clue what they are wittering about.

I think you spend too much time online in certain bubbles, "wittering" on about the same topics Philip. Things are typically more gray than the black and white you portray them in. 

Posted (edited)
On 17/07/2020 at 17:53, Mike E said:

If you're not anti-fascist, what are you?

Ya, not that simple I am afraid. Of course the general idea of Antifa is a good one, but like many similar movements these days it has been hijacked by different factions and there isn't a consistent message or goal. This leads to irrational, illegal and contradictory incidents taking place. This is the same on both the right and the left and also for say the BLM movement. It's the times we live in, unfortunately. I blame the media, both social and mainstream. The gray areas in the middle are no longer on the table for discussion. You are either for or against something and you defend your tribe no matter what, whilst criticizing the other side for doing something you wouldn't criticize your own for doing. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Can someone define Antifa and give me evidence they are a threat, that is if they exist?

Here is a  serving American Army General tweeting about his Commander-in-Chief:

Trump for reasons not yet known is a WITTING TOOL OF PUTIN and the Russians. His withdrawal of 12,000 troops from Germany puts a fracture in the NATO defense structure. He will not acknowledge US intelligence of Russian bounties on US troops .. incredible.

Antifa have got away with threatening behaviour for ages simply because of their name. It was the old retort of "what do you mean you oppose us, we are anti-fascist?" that meant they rarely received any criticism. Make no mistake about it though that Antifa members, or at least the hardcore, have gone after peoples lives, families, jobs, homes and all sorts in the past. There is a reason why governments are starting to ban them or take an unfavourable view on them.

I have seen no evidence that Antifa even exists.

21 hours ago, philipl said:

I have seen no evidence that Antifa even exists.

I know quite a few people who proclaim to be Antifa. University was rife with them, the middle class loved to act militantly.

VlQaklD5_bigger.jpg

Trump: “Countries where there have been very significant flareups over the last short period of time are Spain, Germany, France, Australia, Japan.”

Coronavirus deaths reported on Aug. 1:

US: 1,244
Spain: 0
Germany: 0
France: 11
Australia: 7
Japan: 1

I’ve just watched ’s latest TV interview in full. As someone who has interviewed world leaders from Gorbachev to Putin, Thatcher to al-Assad, Ayatollah Khomeini to Mandela, I can honestly say he seems worse informed & less impressive than any of them.

I still maintain Kanye West won’t run in the election. He probably only announced he was running because he hadn’t had any attention for about 24 seconds....

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I still maintain Kanye West won’t run in the election. He probably only announced he was running because he hadn’t had any attention for about 24 seconds....

He won't "run" in any traditional sense but his name will be on the ballot in some states whether he runs or not. In small swing states it could affect the result.

In truth highly unlikely but it shows how desperate Trump is to cling on to power and what depths he'll go to.