BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2016. Who Stays? Who Goes? You Decide!

Amo

This is an updated squad, with youngsters who have yet to start a league game (Forrester, Nyambe, Wharton, Tomlinson, Mahoney) removed. Players written in blue are here on loan.

Goalkeepers:

Steele

Eastwood

Raya

Defenders:

Henley

Hanley

Duffy

Ward

Kilgallon

Spurr

Midfielders:

Evans

Lowe

Akpan

Guthrie

Gomez

Grimes

Williamson

Lenihan

Conway

Marshall

Bennett

Taylor

O'Sullivan

Forwards:

Graham

Watt

Jackson

Brown

Delfouneso

In my view, this team needs two new full backs, one more winger, at least one striker to challenge/partner Graham, and another central midfielder with some attacking vision. Especially if Grimes, as likely, leaves. All players who are out of contract can leave, with the exception of Spurr if he agrees to an initial back up status. Hoping that at least one of my wanted position can be taken up by an emerging youngster, but not counting on it. As for the loanees, Graham and Gomez should stay, possibly Watt as well if he loses a few pounds and proves himself at the tail end of the season. Of the contracted players, I only see Guthrie and O'Sullivan as without roles to play.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duffy will come good I'm sure. He's where Hanley was at a year ago. A bit of time and he'll mature. The two of them could form one of the most solid bases in this league. I like Marshall at right back too. A new left back, a bit more structure, a bit more maturity which I'm sure will come and we'll have a very good back line. I think you can tell both Hanley and Duffy actually care. This is what we need

Watched Bundesliga this week, Kramaric on loan at Hoffenhein from Leicester with a class finish. He looks a good player at Hoffenheim but likely they'll get relegated so won't be back there next season... Would be a good signing for us.

Watched Bundesliga this week, Kramaric on loan at Hoffenhein from Leicester with a class finish. He looks a good player at Hoffenheim but likely they'll get relegated so won't be back there next season... Would be a good signing for us.

Chelsea were chasing him before Leicester bought him. No chance he would drop down to the Championship, he'd easily find a club in one of the top leagues somewhere.

Chelsea were chasing him before Leicester bought him. No chance he would drop down to the Championship, he'd easily find a club in one of the top leagues somewhere.

I'm not so sure about that fella, he's gone to Hoffenheim and although he's looked decent he's only scored 2 goals but he does look like he has the quality to do something in this league. He could perhaps move to Italy or Spain but with the financial troubles in both of those leagues I'm not sure many could offer the same as us even. The fact that he ended up at Hoffenheim shows you the sort of interest there were in him but apparently there were a lot of Championsip sides in for him.

Perhaps there isn't as much of a rebuilding job to do as we thought. I think I'd be happy if we did the following (players in red need sorting out permanently if possible). Not saying everyone in there is perfect, but if those four additions were quality ones, I think we'd be right in the mix for promotion.

Steele, Eastwood, Raya

Marshall, Lowe, Hanley, Duffy, Ward, Spurr, NEW LB

Evans, Lenihan, Bennett, Gomez, Conway, Akpan, NEW MF, NEW MF

Graham, Watt, Jackson, NEW CF

Get rid: Kilgallon, Delfouneso, Brown, Williamson, Taylor, Guthrie

Ameobi actually offered to play at Bolton Wanderers for free (his short term deal expired in January) but they couldn't sign him due to their embargo. Doubt he's playing free where he is now. If he is that says it all and if Lambert wanted him he would have signed him (unless he preferred Fleetwood ^_^ )

Regarding the January 2016 signings, who is on loan and who is on contract?

Graham, Gomez, & Grimes are all on loan.

Watt is on-loan with an option to buy.

Jackson signed a short-team deal till the end of the season.

Ward is on a 2½ year contract.

Think that's about right.

Keep all those (inc. Bennett!) I say Lambo.

Regarding the squad you inherited, I'd let Brown, Williamson and Taylor go for starters.

Shola Ameobi is at Fleetwood or somewhere. I'm sure he could do well for us.

Christ fella... We should be looking at a better quality of player than him these days, especially if we want to attract fans.

• Moderation Lead

Signed Bennett on a permanent deal as well.

Shola Ameobi is at Fleetwood or somewhere. I'm sure he could do well for us.

There is a reason he is at fleetwood. He was at best average in his prime and had been awful for over two seasons. In his prime he would only make the bench in our current team which needs completely overhauling

Archived