BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simeon Jackson

Iceman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bowled over by a guy who got released by Barnsley, but I'm trusting Lambert to get the best out of him. It's a short-term, low-risk signing, and it will make a change to have a player with some pace to actually stretch defences. Welcome, Simeon!

We have only signed him on a 5 month deal.
He gives us another option.
We are known to be after another Striker.

If he doesn't succeed he goes at the end of the deal. If he succeeds, he will sign on for an extended deal after we gave him a chance.

Win win as far as I am concerned.

Not going to join some of the over the top criticism at the signing. It is short term and very low risk. If he isn't up to it, then he's one of many. However, he's going to know and play for the manager, which is more encouraging, and he could prove to be a good dressing room figure. We definitely need some players pulling in Lambert's direction, and signing 'his men' (Bennett/Jackson) could help shape the attitude around the place.

I hope It will be a change seeing a player who is hungry and wanting to prove something and try to earn a contract ,instead of player going through the motions and wondering where to go for a good night out

Always seems to change once they get that contract, though. Funny that.

Maybe all our players should be on short-term deals?

Happy to give both the manager and player a chance. It's what we do. We are largely in agreement that Lambert is a step forward and must therefore have some confidence in his decision making.

We averaged 1.06 points per game for sixteen games under Bowyer. Relegation form, or at least very close.

No team is hammering us and the players are trying. Small percentages make all the difference. These signings will help the manager and that's good enough for now as we look to safeguard mid-table.

Fingers crossed it helps some key players as well. Take some of the weekly pressure off and provide some help and inspiration.

Hoping we get Graham soon as well. Not sure quite what some people are expecting. We are down with the dead legs, hampered with cash, sullied by recent events with ever dwindling support. And it's cold up north.

Step by step. It's tough instigating change and inevitably will take a bit of time. COYB.

have to say on the face of it this is the first minus i'm going to have to attribute to PL, he's said numerous times that he doesn't want to sign anybody unless they are going to make an impact on in the first team, this player doesn't look anything more than a back up squad player(that has done nothing of note for years) our young/youth players must be bloody awful if were signing players like this guy instead of giving them a shot.

that said, if we can get Graham(or a player of his experience and calibre) ill forgive him.

Always seems to change once they get that contract, though. Funny that.

Maybe all our players should be on short-term deals?

Short term deals as in loans, or short term contract ala 5 months? Because it clearly hasn't worked for Lawrence. Or am I being harsh?

Quite happy with this signing - 2 week trial to prove himself to a manager who has worked with him previously. Has played at a higher level, can (alledgedly) run quicker than a gentle trot and is only signed up for 5 months of a nothing season and has everything to gain personally under a manager who will remind him of what he can achieve whilst competing against koita, Brown, Delfounso as i suspect Lawrence will return to Leicester after not exactly setting the world alight under Lambert...

Archived