SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simeon Jackson

Iceman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I thought.

After Olsson I would say Conway is the quickest we have. Certainly not lightning but a decent turn of pace.

To be honest the only quicker Rovers players in the last five years have been King, Hoilett and the Olssons. Maybe Henley but im not convinced hes that fast.

We have been an very slow team for a long time.

After Olsson I would say Conway is the quickest we have. Certainly not lightning but a decent turn of pace.

To be honest the only quicker Rovers players in the last five years have been King, Hoilett and the Olssons. Maybe Henley but im not convinced hes that fast.

Henley is quick. See last season's performances against Sterling for evidence of that.

I never had Conway down as particularly quick bit if he has any pace he rarely uses it to go past opponents. Far too often he checks inside for my liking which often is into traffic and slows down any attacks.

I never had Conway down as particularly quick bit if he has any pace he rarely uses it to go past opponents. Far too often he checks inside for my liking which often is into traffic and slows down any attacks.

Annoys me too. When he does beat a player for pace he will still check back. But then thats his game, no chance it will change now, and to be fair he creates hugely more than anyone else so we should let him alone.

I'm sure we'll see more of Jackson this weekend in the cup game as Graham is cup tied. I'm cautiously optimistic that he could be a better player than current expectations of him.

He enjoyed his best football at Gillingham and then at Norwich under PL, so it's not out of the question that he won't do a good job for Rovers.

Thats a problem of playing a right footed player on the left wing. Also does not help when players keep passing the ball behind other players like we do far too often.

Conway is quick once he gets a full head of steam....shame his acceleration is crap.

Thats a problem of playing a right footed player on the left wing. Also does not help when players keep passing the ball behind other players like we do far too often.

Conway is quick once he gets a full head of steam....shame his acceleration is crap.

I could never figure out why teams do that. How often do you the winger come inside onto their stronger foot and bang one into the top corner ? Nine times out of ten they just come inside and run into heavy traffic on the edge of the penalty area and the advantage is lost.

Usually I'd agree with you but for me Conway is better on the left. When he plays on the right (as PL tried for a few games) his crossing is poor, he doesn't seem comfortable crossing while running with the ball, or trying to beat the full back on the outside.

He's a very weird winger. A real touchline hugger - plays the widest of anyone I have seen play Rovers since Gillespie was at the club - but strangely for someone who plays so wide has absolutely no desire to get to the by line. He'll feint back and deliver a good cross with his right. I guess he/a coach figured out his crossing is much more effective in swinging so he/they developed his game to focus on that in quite a unique way.

Never really seen another player like him.

The trouble is with wingers coming inside and crossing the ball is the ball is bending in towards the goalkeeper and defenders. Give me the guy that gets to the byline and puts in the cross that swings away from goal and towards the incoming forwards.

Windy Miller!

Usually I'd agree with you but for me Conway is better on the left. When he plays on the right (as PL tried for a few games) his crossing is poor, he doesn't seem comfortable crossing while running with the ball, or trying to beat the full back on the outside.

He's a very weird winger. A real touchline hugger - plays the widest of anyone I have seen play Rovers since Gillespie was at the club - but strangely for someone who plays so wide has absolutely no desire to get to the by line. He'll feint back and deliver a good cross with his right. I guess he/a coach figured out his crossing is much more effective in swinging so he/they developed his game to focus on that in quite a unique way.

Never really seen another player like him.

There are very few wingers who sole aim is to get to the by line and get a cross in.

The trouble is with wingers coming inside and crossing the ball is the ball is bending in towards the goalkeeper and defenders. Give me the guy that gets to the byline and puts in the cross that swings away from goal and towards the incoming forwards.

or cross the ball from about 18 yards from the byline and 9 times out of 10 get cut out by the front defender. Frustrating!

Archived