SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tony Watt Signs

Iceman

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Again, when a player is injured (provided it's not more than a knock) it would be standard procedure to send them back to their parent club. As we know, nothing has been said about the summer budget so we've no idea what the crack is with a permanent deal.

The guy is injured and out for the season.

Standard practise is you go back to your club you are loaned from if your season is ended by injury.

I am gutted that he won't be playing in the remaining games this season but I don't think anything should be read into the situation beyond that. Charlton are as good as down which almost certainly means Watt will be plying his trade elsewhere next season.

If Lambert is with us, the odds are it will be at Ewood.

I hope he is at ewood next year. I've liked watching him and he adds something different. Reading between the lines of that LT article does not sound like he will be.

Why do we always have to read between the lines with Rovers! :blink:

I hope he is at ewood next year. I've liked watching him and he adds something different. Reading between the lines of that LT article does not sound like he will be.

Why do we always have to read between the lines with Rovers! :blink:

Indeed standard practice, no problem with that, but I would have expected the piece on the club website to say something like;

'Watt who scored 2 goals in 10 games is expected to return to Ewood in the summer on a permanent deal'

Indeed standard practice, no problem with that, but I would have expected the piece on the club website to say something like;

'Watt who scored 2 goals in 10 games is expected to return to Ewood in the summer on a permanent deal'

To be fair, nobody at the club is in apposition to say whether half a dozen players or even the manager will still be here in the summer.

Favourite Depech Mode track - Enjoy The Silence

• Backroom

Makes sense for us to send him back and let them pay him but I wonder how the early termination of the loan effects the option to buy?

His price may be cheaper now though

If Charlton are wanting £1.5m they will be stuck with him I think. He's not bad but in today's market he's not worth anything like that, in fact you would expect to get him on a free. Shame about the injury though.

This is purely a case of he is out for the season and we won't have to pay his wages. We've been on the receiving end of having an injured player sent back MANY times.

Agreed, it happened with Varney last season and he went on to sign back for Ipswich all be it on a free transfer.

Some details here that don't appear to have been noted on this thread...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14411375.On_loan_Blackburn_Rovers_striker_Tony_Watt_returns_to_Charlton_Athletic_after_season_ending_injury/

• 2 weeks later...

Undoubtedly a talent with the capability to be a very good player at this level and the standard we need to be looking at if we are to progress. Clearly has major fitness issues which he needs to work hard at ironing out if possible, otherwise he will forever be a fringe player.

Archived